• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where to buy a Wii U Gamepad (on its own?)

buizel

Banned
Alright so my Wii U is basically multiplayer gaming perfection - having it modded allows me to play NES, SNES, N64, PS1, WII, GameCube games as well as the 15 Wii U titles that got released total. This thing is my go-to multiplayer beast but the GamePad suddenly stopped working. I bought the thing 2nd hand a while ago so warranty is out of the question.

I see Wii U consoles sell for about £60 for second hand, which includes the gamepad, but is there any other way to get a gamepad? Maybe someone here has a 2nd one I can buy from them? IDEK. I really like it, even if the gamepad is annoying to have to use to operate the Wii U :/

buizel

Banned
Nintendo sold separated GamePads only in Japan. They are region locked and won't work with an American Wii U.

Oh I'm in UK didn't know the pads were region locked though.... annoying.

I see you're UK based, have you tried CEX?

Yeah I asked they don't sell seperately at least not in the store I went in. I'll check Facebook marketplace. I picked up the Wii U for £50 years ago heh so I might have to get a set then sell the console ??

Ulysses 31

I'd say get one directly from Nintendo themselves. Or get a refurbished WiiU set from them with 1 year warranty.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Best to get it from Nintendo themselves. I've gone through two GamePads that started having sync issues, unfortunately.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
What problem are you experiencing with it? I've had to replace the bluetooth chip in mine when it wouldn't connect, and that wasn't particularly difficult.

buizel

Banned
Best to get it from Nintendo themselves. I've gone through two GamePads that started having sync issues, unfortunately.

Outside of Zelda and using it to activate the homebrew lol, I just use classic controller nd wiimotes.

The second hand places in UK all come with a year warranty...

What problem are you experiencing with it? I've had to replace the bluetooth chip in mine when it wouldn't connect, and that wasn't particularly difficult.

Oh it's been stood on lol it's cracked to fuck, Doc martens. Suddenly stopped working somehow..><

Last edited:

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Oh it's been stood on lol it's cracked to fuck, Doc martens. Suddenly stopped working somehow..><

oh

gYtlXM.gif

• LOL
Reactions: TLZ

Breakage

Is there no way to trick the Wii U into thinking a GamePad is connected?
The prices are presumably gonna rocket because of this.

Last edited:
From my experience the best way is to buy a used console and then sell the console, power brick, accessories through ebay and just keep the gamepad.

This way I was able to obtain a gamepad for around 15€ and it wasn't much work to sell the other stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom