• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which 1440p 144hz monitor to upgrade to?

VN1X

Banned
(Please move this to a dedicated thread if we have one)

I'm currently looking at the following models:
LG UltraGear 27GL850-B
HP Omen 27i
Dell S2721DGF

Now I'm pretty sure all three share the same panel that is found in the LG 27GL850 one but at the moment I'm honestly just looking at whichever is the fastest in terms of GtG/input lag. I'm currently still on the BenQ XL24LLZ which is a monitor I got in 2014 and I'm ready to upgrade to the next level. I understand that going from TN to IPS and expecting the same type of response times might be unrealistic but I was hoping any one of these might come close (and so I could retain my Global Elite rank in CS? :lollipop_grinning_sweat: ). Also, I'm pretty sure that all these have G-Sync compatibility no?

teezzy

Banned
Pick the cheapest one and spend your savings on games. They're all solid monitors w good specs.

1440p, 144hz and gsync is literally all you need. 27" is my sweet spot fwiw

teezzy

Banned
Like if you were to put a gun to my head and ask me to tell you the difference between my Dell and Acer monitors currently with the same main specs... I'd be one dead TeezzyD

bender

What time is it?
Like if you were to put a gun to my head and ask me to tell you the difference between my Dell and Acer monitors currently with the same main specs... I'd be one dead TeezzyD

Can you tell me the difference between your Dell and Acer monitors?

teezzy

Banned
Can you tell me the difference between your Dell and Acer monitors?

tenor.gif

VN1X

Banned
Hmm been doing some more research and because the Omen has the exact same panel as the LG one I see no reason why not to opt for that version, even goes up to 165hz if need be and I think the design is much, much better (imo).

God Enel

I have the dell and I love it. Bought I because I had a dell before and didn’t have any complaints. And the stand looks way better than the LG one. Actually it feels massive and not like a cheap piece of plastic and imho not too ‘gamey’

Top Bottom