• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which 3 games each do you choose: Full-Remake, Visual-Remake, Remaster

Roni

Gold Member
Remake? True Crime: Streets of L.A.
Visual Remaster? Silent Hill
Remaster? Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater

Medal of Honor Allied Assault, full remake, with more coherent story, better, graphics, I want to storm of the beaches of Normandy again in next gen with this classic.

Last edited:

Bolivar687

Banned
Remake: Metal Gear 1 & 2
Visual Remake: Metal Gear Solid 3
Remaster: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, the stunning conclusion to the Solid Snake saga from the visionary mind of acclaimed Director and Producer, Hideo Kojima.

Pejo

Remake - Jet Moto
Revisual - Guardian Heroes (proper redrawn 2D art, not bullshit filters like the 360 version)
Remaster - Demon's Souls

Visual remake: Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne - don't mess with the gameplay, just update the environment. Keep it brutal, gaming journos stay mad.

I like the series and this game a lot but a few QOL updates are needed. Being able to select inherited skills during fusion is the first that comes to mind.

Also, I want some good updates about SMTV, they teased it much too early just like SMT X FE. Sigh.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Full Remake: The Legend of Zelda 2 Link’s Adventure. It had a lot of great ideas but looked rough visually, has programming errors, mechanics that weren’t well implemented. It deserves to be better than it is.

Visually Remake: Syphon Filter. Great mechanics, fun story. But those PS1 graphics 🤢. Oneof my favorite games on PS1.

Remaster: Tony Hawk 1-3. Just don’t fuckin touch the mechanics.

Pejo

DITTO on Jet Moto. Such a great series.
It kinda sucks that modern consoles have no good arcade racers or non-rally off road type racers anymore. I feel like PS5 would be a great time to bring back Jet Moto, also wouldn't mind seeing Motorstorm and Burnout come back.

Full Remake- Legends of Dragoon
Visual Remake- Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen
Remaster- Zombies ate my neighbors and bring it to the switch.

gela94

Full Remake: The Witcher.

The first Witcher game has a good story but is an absolutely archaic game made from the Neverwinter Nights engine. Remake the full game in The Witcher 3 engine.

Make it happen CDPR. I need some Geralt in my life and remaking the first game makes so much more sense then making a sequel.
I agree with my whole heart!

Hulk_Smash

Banned
It kinda sucks that modern consoles have no good arcade racers or non-rally off road type racers anymore. I feel like PS5 would be a great time to bring back Jet Moto, also wouldn't mind seeing Motorstorm and Burnout come back.

Riptide on Mobile and Gamepass is pretty decent. Closest you’ll get to a jet moto game.

So do I man, too bad Atlus is too busy milking the shit out of Persona 5.

I don't blame them entirely since business is business; they can't make more games without money.

It's just that this is the second time in a row where an SMT-related entry got announced like, 3 years too early.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Can I have a single new game instead? If no:
Remake: F-Zero X + Expansion Kit
Visual Remake: Super Mario 64 DS (because of analog controls, visuals were fine as they were)
Remaster: Fuck this.

Kadayi

Banned
No Half Measures

giphy.gif

I'm in the 'full remake' camp. I just don't see the point in Visual updates or simple remasters.

Games are created within the cauldron of the technological constraints and limitations of their time. It's baked into their DNA. It just doesn't make sense to me to recreate the past and adhere to those limitations simply because that's what was done at the time. versus reimagine them from the ground up utilising today's technology to the max.

As for games: Mass Effect series, though I'd pretty much look at that as being a hard reboot with a serious reworking of a lot of the aspects from the ground up, though keep the whole reaper menace aspect.

I think in large parts there's a lot of games which were hamstrung by MS decision to ship various skews of the 360 and not only eschew HD-DVD as standard but also not have a guaranteed hard drive. Essentially forcing developers to have to ensure their games have to run off the DVD and be fully loaded into memory. This was at a time when games were already hitting DVD limits. In a different time-line, HD-DVD and a guaranteed Hard Drive as standard would have radically benefitted developers.

mango drank

Remake: Xenogears
Redo the dialogue; make everything feel more plausible, mature, less cheesy; rework the graphics completely (obviously lol); rework the soundtrack to be richer and fuller, because it deserves it; keep the wide-eyed wonder of being a small human actor discovering an epic, sprawling, fantastical world, its history, and your place in everything, and all the weird and exotic feelings and mind-fucks you as the player feel along the way. One of the most ambitious games ever deserves to be remade using today's technology, and deserves to be discovered by a new generation.

Visual remake: Star Fox (SNES). I remember the gameplay and level layouts in this being pretty good, and feel like it was overshadowed by SF64, just because that game looked better and had voice acting etc. But SF1 was great. The same exact game with all-new graphics would be awesome. Hell, just release it on the Switch as an SF reboot or something, it'll sell like crazy.

Remaster: no strong feelings about this one. Deus Ex: Human Revolution maybe?

Rodolink

Remake: Zelda II, FFVI
Zelda II has been overlooked for so many years. Yes its hard and has a different perspective. But its a great game. And the story and lore feel so different more like dark fantasy ala From Software.
FFVI just to put an example of Square returning to classical fantasy with a modern engine like FFXV.

Visual: Ocarina of Time
the 3ds one doesnt count. I want a hi res, realistic looking Zelda. (we wont have it I sohuld desist always desiring this)

Remaster: Skyward Sword
Totally eyesight destroyer now if you play it on the original hardware. Needs a porper HD remaster on the Switch.

Last edited:

Handel

Remake : The Legend of Dragoon. So much potential in it's concepts but ahead of it's time to do them true justice. Making the Dragoon forms feel truly special would be the main goal here.

Visual remake : Majora's Mask done properly in HD, not the overly lit mess that is the 3DS version. Just the same game as the original otherwise, without the terrible 3DS changes. It's atmosphere is it's strongest point, and nailing that with modern graphics would be mesmerizing.

Make it look like the artwork for bonus points.

af80d743b22404e62bfd96c2fce85ec0.jpg

Remaster : Mass Effect series was only last gen and being very cinematic games would benefit a lot from a face lift.

Labadal

Full Remake: Unlimited SaGa. I like many aspects of the game, but the reel mechanic needs to go. I hate it with a passion.

Visual Remake: Grandia 2. The game is fun as is, but the visuals haven't aged well.

Remaster: Final Fantasy Tactics. Why hasn't this been available to buy on a console/PC yet?

Closer

Full-Remake: Chrono Cross
Visual-remake: Chrono Trigger
Remaster: Super Mario World 2 - Yoshi's Island
please holy father god in heavens

Last edited:

Malakhov

Banned
What's wrong the current version of Witcher 3? It's runs smoothly and looks great in my opinion
Nothing wrong with visuals, it's a great game but way too long with useless stuff but that's just my personal opinion. I just can't get into these long and dragging RPGs nowadays

Phantasy Star I, 2, & 4

I'm not sure how I would like them to look, the style is hard to reproduce in high resolution 2d.

But I would like all of them to have 3D first person dungeons, a battle system similar to what was in Phantasy Star 4... Probably 2d graphics similar to what the Saturn or PSX could pull off would be best. I though that the PS2 "generations" series kind of broke the atmosphere in the first game.

BONUS: Bring God of War 1 & 2 up to date with better textures, models and animations (and some tweaks to make them more like GoW 3).

FeldMonster

• Remake: Mace The Dark Ages based on the Souls Engine, but keep the artsyle, Executions, music, etc.
  • Visual Remake: N64 AKI Wrestling Games: WCW vs. NWO World Tour, WCW vs. NWO Revenge, WWF Wrestlemania 2000, and WWF No Mercy
  • Remaster: Mortal Kombat (2011) in 4K on current consoles

Malakhov

Banned
I played that for almost 95 hours and thoroughly enjoyed every second of it.
So far I can say that I really like it. It feels like a 90s rpg but with great visuals. It's been a long time I haven't enjoyed a game like that

Last edited:
Top Bottom