• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which abandoned Activision Franchises would you like brought back?

Which series/game should Activision bring back?

• Total voters
Activision has created many different franchises over its history, some doing well and a lot not doing so well. However they have a goldmine of IPS to dig through. Here are just SOME of the games fans have been waiting for sequels/new entries in:
  1. PitFall
  2. Prototype
  3. Vigilante 8
  4. Zork
  5. Heretic
  6. Soldier of Fortune
  7. Blur
  8. Singularity
  9. Hero Series (Guitar Hero/DJ Hero)
And much more. So with that being said, which Activision Game series (or individual game) would you like to see Activision Return to? (Be sure to vote other in the poll and mention the game in post if your favorite is not an option)

Mr Hyde

I wouldn´t mind another stab at Singularity. It was pretty fucking good. I have no clue why it hasn´t gotten a sequel, thought it did solid numbers when it was released. Guess I was wrong.

I wouldn´t mind another stab at Singularity. It was pretty fucking good. I have no clue why it hasn´t gotten a sequel, thought it did solid numbers when it was released. Guess I was wrong.

Actually Singularity was the straw that broke the camels back.

Right after that game is when Activision moved Raven to COD duty. That was there last solo game.

Which is crazy because t did everything so right. But what can you do.

MiguelItUp

Man, I'd LOVE a new Heretic/Hexen. Especially with where we're at with game tech nowadays. A fun fast-paced FPS in that universe would be SO good. I've been thinking about it for awhile and I thought about the fun that would be had with multiplayer/co-op. Those games were such a good time. That gets my vote!

Also, kudos for Singularity! That game was such a pleasant surprise! I remember GameFlying it, and not expecting it to be as good as it was. The gibs and deaths in it were pretty gruesome, at least enough to get reactions out of me.

Soldier of Fortune would be cool to see with updated gore-tech, but I can't help but imagine the gameplay would get stale pretty quickly. They'd have to make some pretty significant changes/improvements. I remember the 3rd iteration (Payback) was crippled by that and a number of other issues.

Daniel Thomas MacInnes

GAF's Resident Saturn Omnibus
How about reviving the following Activision classics:

Skiing
Ice Hockey
Megamania
Zenji
Zone Ranger
Hacker
Master of the Lamps

These are all videogames for Atari 2600 or 8-bit home computers.

Last edited:
I really dislike Activision's business practices, and also hate the fact that closed down Bizarre Creations, one of the most underrated studios of last gen.
A lot of Activisions teams have great potential. However for many years you had them do toys to life cashgrabs and rushed movie tie-ins. Or made them a COD/Destiny support studio.

However, Vicarious and Toys for Bob just did excellent remakes for Crash and Spyro (and hopefully Beenox pulls through with CTR), that Activision allows them to make their own projects, and give them the time and money they need to do so. Whether that be revival of an old IP, new crash/spyro titles, or a brand new IP.

Last edited:

EGOMON

Vigilante 8, I never thought you would include it in the poll, thank you good sir/ma'am.

Edit: OP you forgot Blur

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Forget about Ace Combat (a series that has went spiraling into the toilet the last few games). Kick that series to the curb and make a plane game with SP and MP..... River Raid.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
They have already revitalised the one I cared about: Crash Bandicoot.

The Shepard

I was thinking of a Tony hawk 6 that didn't suck but then I realised I'd prefer a remake of the first 3 on one disk with the excellent soundtracks. They seem to be on a roll with there remakes recently.

I was thinking of a Tony hawk 6 that didn't suck but then I realised I'd prefer a remake of the first 3 on one disk with the excellent soundtracks. They seem to be on a roll with there remakes recently.

Issue with Tony Hawk 5 is that it was basically a quickly done mobile game upscaled and moved to consoles. They basically blew the potential for a small comeback.

Agent X

Just look at my avatar :)

Interstate 76

Good choice!

How about reviving the following Activision classics:

Skiing
Ice Hockey
Megamania
Zenji
Zone Ranger
Hacker
Master of the Lamps

These are all videogames for Atari 2600 or 8-bit home computers.

These are some good games, too. The first three have been featured in Atari Anthology/Atari Hits Remixed on a few systems about 10-15 years ago, the last four were on Activision's Commodore 64 15-Pack for Windows 95. Most of these haven't appeared in recent years, except for Megamania which is currently on the Atari Flashback 9.

Seriously, I was entering this thread to mention Zenji. It's an excellent puzzle game, and could easily be revived as a downloadable game for today's gaming platforms.

Seriously, I was entering this thread to mention Zenji. It's an excellent puzzle game, and could easily be revived as a downloadable game for today's gaming platforms.

Just don't forget with Todays' Activision it's money first, so I'm sure there will be some DLC and/or microtransactions to go with your Zenji.

Noodleopard

Neo Member
Singularity had a cool premise but I remember literally nothing about the game. Might have to replay it just to see why it resonates fondly because looking at gameplay real quick like, na.

Would love pitfall to see a reboot a la NSMB. Make Harry a little more agile but leave the core game intact, none of that 3D jank.

SirTerry-T

atari-activision-game-cover-kaboom.jpg

Failing that, Pitfall will do.

Agent X

Just don't forget with Todays' Activision it's money first, so I'm sure there will be some DLC and/or microtransactions to go with your Zenji.

I can see it now. You can only spin clockwise, unless you spend $5 to purchase the "Enhanced Mobility" pack to enable the ability to spin counterclockwise

Top Bottom