• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which abandoned Electronic Arts (EA) Franchise would you like brought back?

Which series/game should EA bring back?

• Total voters

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
For me, there are only two franchises I want to see return from EA's vaults more than any other:

Ultima and Dungeon Keeper.

These two are pillars of my youth. I have completed DK1 and 2 at least 80 times over with a complete franchise run of Ultima every few years (including the fucking god awful 8 and 9). DK Mobile hurt me, deeply. The "spiritual successor" of Ultima in Shroud of the Avatar also hurt me. I just want a good, well written, immersive CRPG like Ultima 4, 5, 6, or 7. Please, EA. Fucking do something right for once.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
giphy.gif

Voted Army of Two though.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I want to say Dead Space because it was one of my favourite new IP last gen but I have ZERO fate in current EA to make proper Dead Space game.

Paasei

SSX
Skate
Future Cop: LAPD (part of my youth on the first Playsation).

I also thought that Black was a cool game.

Last edited:

KonradLaw

I really hope Command & COnquer remasters are successful enough for EA to hire Petroglyph to make new game in the series. Because this IP needs big FMV-heavy campaigns and that's just not something that indie dev can replicate.

thelastword

Banned
Dante's Inferno.......Come on EA, bring back this action game.....You guys did so many things right with the first game....60fps, quick animation cancels and you took some inspiration from GOW, the trials and DLC were pretty ace too....

kyussman

Dead Space......but not really because present day EA could never do the franchise justice anymore.

I'd rather bask in the memories of the first two games(and I can always replay them on my PS3).

EA are so dead to me right now,lol..........I think only a change of management at the top will bring back games like Dead Space(I like single player stuff mainly).

Last edited:

FeldMonster

I would like Army of Two to come back, but only if it has the original two guys in it. Though I would personally prefer if it switched to first person.

Larxia

SSX
Skate
Burnout

I'm surprised to not see them in this list.
But mainly SSX, I miss it too much.

Oh right, didn't know they retained the rights, but google search tells me that Activsion even published the third game. Good on Krome. Which leaves me with only one actual EA series I like, Burnout.

You didn't like any of the IPS they got from acquisitions either?

Flapples

Had to vote for Dead Space because that series was actually murdered. Sims isnt even dead yet they are still releasing content for sims 4 and sims 5 is coming. Sadly if they dont do something different in the next one the series will probably die.

EA went all in on the pay to win mictro-transaction live service and thew away all their original IP's that didn't support that model. Now that live services are not going so well for them, they have nothing left except FIFA. If Anthem is another sales disaster like ME:A and BFV I wouldn't be surprised if Bioware is also in the pit.

Top Bottom