• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which abandoned Electronic Arts (EA) Franchise would you like brought back?

Which series/game should EA bring back?

• Total voters
Whew, EA has got years of franchises on its belt so I know many people have a lot to say on this one. Which of EA's library would you like to see come back that were abandoned by EA (there's a lot)? Let's take a look at some small examples of the many games it abandoned:
  1. Road Rash
  2. Ultima Series
  3. Wing Commander
  4. Medal of Honor
  5. Dead Space
  6. Command and Conquer
  7. Sims Series (Sim City, The Sims, Sim Copter, etc.)
  8. Fight Night
  9. Army of Two
And much more. So with that being said, which Electronic Arts Game series (or individual game) would you like to see EA Return to? (Be sure to vote other in the poll and mention the game in post if your favorite is not an option)

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Army of Two. So much wasted potential.

I'd also like EA to bring back a recognizably good Need For Speed instead of the microtransaction factories they put out now labelled NFS.

Last edited:
Wing Commander and Syndicate - but EA would have to change totally first - because if they made them as they are now those games would suck.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Burnout (pre Paradise). Other than that, maybe Ty? I don't really like what EA does, outside of Burnout.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
images

images

God Enel

I would love to see Command and Conquer making a comebackt but not by EA please. I wanna see it from westwood.

johntown

Banned
I voted for Dead Space but I would like to see it developed by another company as I don't think EA will do a good job.

Elfstar

I'd like to say Ultima, but i know that they would just turn it into some generic AAA openworld action rpg shitfest.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
I really like the Medal of Honor Series, I wouldn't mind seeing that series make a revival but The Mercenaries is the one I'd like to see make a comeback, I really like that series

petran79

Banned
Even if it is without the original Origin developers, a final Crusader game, even in 3D, would be the long awaited conclusion to the series. It was one of the few games that needed a third and final sequel yet had to get cancelled due to financial arguments between Origin and EA

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

While I'm screaming for Dead Space to come back, it'd be really cool to see a proper and modern Road Rash. I've been wanting that for decades, haha.

Joe T.

Does the Street series count if I want it applied to a sport that never got the original treatment? I always thought NHL Street would have been a perfect entry for the series, but it was completely overlooked.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Little Big Adventure. I have no idea how it would work today with current game design. I guess isometric action is considered outdated after 3d. There's probably something that could be done with it that sets it apart from third or first person 3d games. I like in particular how you can have a kind of cute play happening on screen from a disembodied perspective. Maybe as a vr game

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Really people, Dead Space? I enjoyed 1 a lot but they drove it into the ground so quickly....

Road Rash needs to get some love. Not enough combat racers these days.

RAIDEN1

For all intents and purposes Star Citizen is Wing Commander, for the "today generation"....unlikely they would go back to that franchise..

LordKite

Neo Member
It saddens me incredibly that not a single reply that I saw listed the true answer...

Skate

I need Skate 4 and not just because EA hates America, unless Skate 4. I was a big fan of 2, bought Skate 3 on launch, I still love those games.
#Skate4

Last edited:
Where the fuck is Burnout in the poll? Or skate? Or SSX? Or NBA Street?

Literally the four EA franchises I want back, yet none of them make the list lol.

Also isnt Sims still ongoing? They never abandoned it. We got a console port of sims 4 like last fall.

Rayderism

There are actually four of those I wish would return.

Road Rash
Wing Commander
Fight Night
Command & Conquer

For the poll, I picked Fight Night as we really don't have a decent boxing game on PS4, but there are facsimiles of the others.

These four series are way more important than the some of the ones listed (also Sims is still ongoing so it shouldnt even be on there)

Not really. Also The Sims hasn't has a new entry since 2014 nor had Sim City. Some os game using the name of SIm City was thrown out there but it wasn't really Sim City. Not to mention that still leaves the Sims anyway. It's also their second best selling franchise.

Burnout (pre Paradise). Other than that, maybe Ty? I don't really like what EA does, outside of Burnout.

Ty isn't EA, it's Chrome.

EA really never had a platformed now that I think about it. I think they had some licensed games but that's it. Well, I guess you could "technically" count Mirrors Edge but...

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Ty isn't EA, it's Chrome.

EA really never had a platformed now that I think about it. I think they had some licensed games but that's it. Well, I guess you could "technically" count Mirrors Edge but...
Oh right, didn't know they retained the rights, but google search tells me that Activsion even published the third game. Good on Krome. Which leaves me with only one actual EA series I like, Burnout.

Top Bottom