• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which abandoned Konami Franchise would you like brought back?

Which Series/Game should Konami return to?

• Total voters
(Warning: old fans of these franchises may break into tears,)

Konami has created many different franchises over its history, some doing well and a lot not doing so well. However they have a goldmine of IPS to dig through. Here are just SOME of the games fans have been waiting for sequels/new entries in:
  1. Contra
  2. Suikoden
  3. Silent Hill
  4. Silent Scope
  5. Zone of the Enders
  6. Vandal Hearts
  7. Beatmania
  8. Gradius/Salamander
  9. Pro Evolution Soccer
And much more. So with that being said, which Konami Game series (or individual game) would you like to see Konami Return to? (Be sure to vote other in the poll and mention the game in post if your favorite is not an option)

Sleepydays

Banned
Can't vote, but I would add I'd love more games in the Snatcher universe...but going strictly by the thread title I'm not sure if they should go back sans Kojima.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Can't think of any, I want some games in the respective franchise genres of old favorites but don't think they need specific IP/companies back for that to happen.

Last edited:
I’m glad they canceled Silent Hills. P.T. was way too scary and nobody needed to play that. Would have caused nothing but problems.

Sorry everyone it was for the best.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
from the list, Gradius. i always loved that 80's synth soundtrack, the electro space feeling, and they could do some crazy cool stuff w modern graphics a la the new Tetris. a cosmic psychedelic VR SHMUP.

but personally, Castlevania

vampires are so big nowadays, they have the Netflix show, why not?

Order of Ecclessia was up there with the best, but was held back by budget-necessitated cutbacks and level re-use. would be nice to see a new series w all new assets. my dream would be pixel art but im open to whatever they do. yes Iga has left but if we ever end up with dual Castlevania series i won't be complaining!

Last edited:
Silent hill and castlevania (gba and ds style). Hope Konami makes new instalments eventually. Wasn't there a rumoured castlevania collection during E3? What happened to that?

from the list, Gradius. i always loved that 80's synth soundtrack, the electro space feeling, and they could do some crazy cool stuff w modern graphics a la the new Tetris. a cosmic psychedelic VR SHMUP.

but personally, Castlevania

vampires are so big nowadays, they have the Netflix show, why not?

Order of Ecclessia was up there with the best, but was held back by budget-necessitated cutbacks and level re-use. would be nice to see a new series w all new assets. my dream would be pixel art but im open to whatever they do. yes Iga has left but if we ever end up with dual Castlevania series i won't be complaining!

I don't know why people are saying Castlevania when Konami already announced a new game is coming.

KOMANI

KOMANI
I love Silent Hill. I think Silent Hill 2 is the closest you’ll get to video games being art. That being said, i dont know how much you can still do with that series and have it be faithful to the original games.
So... my answer is Contra. After playing Survive, I am more confident in Konami making a game using melee weapons, weird creature designs, and good gun play. And you dont need to worry about story if you go with Contra. I would also love to see a Belmont using a whip in the FOX engine. It wont happen, and it will probably be outsourced, but that’s my answer.

So many great franchises but if I have to choose one I'll take contra. If we could get a Contra reboot that was as good as DOOM 2016's reboot I would lose my damn mind

Link1110

Suikoden easy. And with the right marketing in America, they could easily get legions of game of thrones fans buying it.

Like not doing this is a Sega Nomad level missed opportunity.

Last edited:

Dada55000

I'd say Silent Hill, but a new game would inevitably end up like the Downcoming games. A Spyro/Crash/SotC style faithfull remake with some choice improvements would be a nifty idea. Kinda doubt they wouldn't fuck that up either.

NeoGAF.gif

Haha.

Given how I always found the Capcom NES sound library to be on the lacking side (in spite of overall strong compositions) especially compared to Konami's sublime engine (not even counting the VRC6 stuff), it feels a little weird to see the two companies as perennial 3rd party supremacy rivals, though one of them sadly threw in the towel.

In other words, best case for now is an IP purchase from anyone who gives a damn.

Kreydo

Suikoden, but it would require so much talent and budget....

So i picked a more 'realistic' game that could benefit of the new hardware tech without requiring an insane budget. Zone of The Ender would be the best choice.

Last edited:
I am amazed they havent tried bringing back Azure Dreams. An anime rougelike monster breeder with town building and dating sim elements checks off like half the current gaming zeitgeist.

kingbean

I picked Silent Hill, but I'd like a new Iga style Castlevania and a new classic style as well.

I wouldn't mind if they tried a new 3D Castlevania just maybe be more its own thing instead of a generic kinda action game.

Silent Hill...and not because of Silent Hills, I still dont get the hype for that demo but because SH has so much potential, they just need better more horror oriented developers on it. Theres always gonna be horror games but SH was known for that psychological, makes you feel uneasy type of horror which most games dont have. Its either full on action or jump scares. I just wish they made anything past SH3 non canon so they can continue directly on SH3.

HeresJohnny

I want Konami to be brought back. I know it sounds smarmy, but back in the 80s and 90s Konami was HUGE and played a pivotal role in the industry. Their absence has definitely been felt.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Suikoden, but only if it comes in the shape of the first two. Those were goddamn masterpieces when it came to storytelling.

A new Goemon game would be delightful. Legend of the Mystical Ninja is one of my favourite SNES games. It was just so fun to play. I'd love to see the series continue.

Top Bottom