• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which abandoned Microsoft Franchises would you like brought back?

Which series/Game should Microsoft Consider bringing back?

• Total voters
Ok so Microsoft has more gaming Ips than any other First-party company and only behind like 2 third-parties other than that. So they have a damn lot of IPs to choose from spanning 3 decades+. So let's go over SOME of the more popular ones:
  1. Fable
  2. Blinx
  3. Jade Empire
  4. Banjo
  5. Conker
  6. Blue Dragon
  7. Lost Odyssey
  8. Ninety-Nine-Nights
  9. Fuzion Frenzy
And much more. So with that being said, which Microsoft Game series (or individual game) would you like to see Microsoft Return to? (Be sure to vote other in the poll and mention the game in post if your favorite is not an option)

thief183

Lost Odyssey without any doubt, but only cause we know that Fable is coming back (or at least we hope)

Mr Hyde

Conker is the obvious answer here. I´m actually baffled that Microsoft still hasn´t turned him into a household name for Xbox. He´s got all the qualities of a good mascot. Also, in this day and age of sensitivity towards crude humor and political incorrectness, it would be fucking funny if MS had the balls to let Conker go absolute haywire on the PC culture.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Conker is the obvious answer here. I´m actually baffled that Microsoft still hasn´t turned him into a household name for Xbox. He´s got all the qualities of a good mascot. Also, in this day and age of sensitivity towards crude humor and political incorrectness, it would be fucking funny if MS had the balls to let Conker go absolute haywire on the PC culture.

Beats Super Lucky's Fail any day of the week.

Edit: I voted for Jade Empire, btw but I'd really like to see a new Kotor, Kameo or Abe's Oddysee. I don't think they own Abe and obviously not Star Wars. So I guess just Kameo and Jade Empire

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
For me it's down to either Blue Dragon or Lost Odyssey, with Blue Dragon narrowly winning out. The cartoony/anime graphics make the game pretty timeless - the original holds up really well even today.

Turn-based RPGs are making a comeback, this would be a great title to revive.

Calibos

All of those? Hard to pick just one.

Fable is coming eventually, so I would say Conker and or Jade Empire...if that belongs to them. Also, a Perfect Dark RPG please.

Though I may be in a minority of people that genuinely enjoyed Nuts and Bolts (Rare even had my robot included in the game's DLC as a Stop 'n' Swap blueprint) it was a letdown not to see an actual Banjo-Threeie. Banjo was right up with Mario as some of my favorite games in that era. I never really found the same affinity to Conker.

Last edited:

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
xbox_brute_force-110214.jpg

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
None of those. In fact retire a few more, Halo and Gears.

Fable: The Thread

Edit: Full Single Player Experience Fable with the option of coop.

None of this f2p overly monetized bullshit.

Don't worry. Me and my friend will certainly make our own fun with a coop option on a mainline Fable game with a branching narrative focus. You don't need to help us with wacky fucking costumes and skins you sell for premium currency.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
mods should look at stats and ban everyone that didn't say banjo.

17 bans so far

Last edited:

dottme

Is Sudeki part of the microsoft portfolio?
I did like the game. I wouldn’t say exceptional but enjoyable. And it was bringing some variety to the Xbox library which sometime feels too focus on the average American player.

Well for one he needs a game that sells or being a mascot is pointless and secondly they have Banjo and he's more popular than Conker, so that puts them in a bit of an angle. Not to mention MC from Halo is already the mascot so switching to a animal might actually shrink Xbox's appeal. Who knows.

Oh and Luckys tale isn't a Microsoft Ip. Just something they grabbed for the X launch.

nowhat

Is it too early to say "Scalebound"?

(I didn't care for the tacked-on co-op, which apparently was a requirement from Microsoft. But the core idea - yeah, I could work with that.)

Aurelian

my friends call me "Cunty"
Monster Truck Madness! As a kid I had a blast racing Grave Digger and other trucks.

lynux3

It's a toss up between Conker and Fable for me. I'd love to see a badass Conker game come through though so I picked that.
Monster Truck Madness! As a kid I had a blast racing Grave Digger and other trucks.
Lets bring back Midtown Madness as well!

Last edited:
(I didn't care for the tacked-on co-op, which apparently was a requirement from Microsoft.

This is false. But that's different thread. A lot of old gaf just ran MS to the ground on a game none cared about until it was cancelled and just made up a bunch of stories.

Last edited:

nowhat

This is false. But that's different thread. A lot of old gaf just ran MS to the ground on a game none cared about until it was cancelled and just made up a bunch of stories.
It may take several years that we indeed learn the full truth. But I have a reference:

...where's your reference?

nowhat

You don't have anything. It's been discussed on this board to death, please use the search function.
Right... so if you're so vested in the truth, it shouldn't be such a stretch for you to provide a reference then?

Let me put it this way. Microsoft hasn't been so keen on single-player experiences. Case in point, the two major Xbox exclusives (new ones, not established franchies) this year, those being Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2, both are essentially multiplayer games. Platinum, thus far, has been known for single player games. So which one is the more likely alternative, that Platinum suddenly wants to do a multiplayer game, or Microsoft insisted that it be one? Occam's razor and all that.

Right... so if you're so vested in the truth, it shouldn't be such a stretch for you to provide a reference then?

Again use the search function, you're "reference" was debunked multiple times he has nothing and no one has anything. Posted posted a bunch of Japanese stuff and Kamiya didn't blame MS for the fault, that's the only thing we do know and nothing from even other guys working with him have said anything bad. Please look at earlier conversations on this issue. (especially since the original trailer for the game already had co-opt hinted as well which should shut that argument out but anyway)

Feel free to make a new thread on the subject.

Crimson Skies!
Yeah not sure why Crimson Skies isn't on that list. That has always been a highly requested remake/reboot. Fable shouldn't be there because we know there is one coming. Also, was Fuzion Frenzy really that popular? For me I'd be okay with either Banjo Kazooie or Conquer making a comeback. Although Microsoft would also be wise to bring back some rpg's. Blue Dragon.

Yeah not sure why Crimson Skies isn't on that list. That has always been a highly requested remake/reboot. Fable shouldn't be there because we know there is one coming. Also, was Fuzion Frenzy really that popular? For me I'd be okay with either Banjo Kazooie or Conquer making a comeback. Although Microsoft would also be wise to bring back some rpg's. Blue Dragon.

because X BC. So fans at least got something from the franchise. Otherwise, just vote other. Us knowing Fable is coming doesn't tell us anything about the game or if its currently being made. The last we saw anything from Fable was years ago aside from the cancelled Fable Legends.

Conquer?

The Alien

Banned
Perfect Dark.

Current rumor is that The Coalition is working on this. With the right tone and updated graphics, the reboot could be awesome.

God Enel

Preach brotha! Absolutely agree.. It was still a hard decision for me between Banjo Kazooie and Conker but in the end decided to go with conker.

The Alien The Alien Perfect Dark is a great choice too!

Joe T.

Conker would be hilarious in today's social climate, I'd pay to see that. There's no shortage of movies it can spoof, like John Wick (the dog angle would be a must), Avatar and the MCU.

shocked at the poll offerings.

conker could be gamings "southpark", but they do nothing with it.... i dont think banjo coming back as a platformer would be great in this modern day, unless they can reboot the 3d platformer. theres already a plethora of FPSs titles for Perfect Dark to contend with.

I would vote for Blue Dragon I think.

Drewpee

Banned
Lost Odyssey was the first gane to come to mind just by reading the op title. That was an absolutely amazing game. It is one of the all time great games that Microsoft has published. The story and gameplay were both amazing.

Top Bottom