• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which are the best classes in Borderlands 1 and 2?

Which are the best two classes in Borderlands 1 and 2?

• Roland - The Soldier

• Lilith - The Siren

• Mordecai - The Hunter

• Brick - The Berserker

• Axton - The Commando

• Maya - The Siren

• Zer0 - The Assassin

• Salvador - The Gunzerker

• Gaige - The Mechromancer

• Krieg - The Psycho

Results are only viewable after voting.

ethomaz

Banned
Lilith BL1
Salvador BL2

At the point that it looks like you are choosing a easy mode too overpowered these two are over the others.

Graciaus

Bl1 is the siren and 2 anything but assassin for default classes. Personally I like gunzerker the best.

I liked using the hunter the most in 1. Killing trash mobs with just the bird was fun when used right.

Pallas

Gold Member
Maybe I’m a bit biased because of play-style but...

Mordecai(B1)
Zer0(B2)

Last edited:

Shy Fingers

Banned
I loved that you could spec the Siren in BL2 as a support class, so I have to go with that as I play support in everything I can.

Lilith and Maya for me.

Lilith is tops in BL1 power-wise.

Sal is the obvious OP character in BL2, but late-game Maya is one bad bitch.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Lilith was ridiculous. With SMGs + her abilities that boost rate of fire and elemental damage, her damage output is insane.

TacosNSalsa

I played as the siren in both games on my first time through . I don't remember much of Lilith but I do remember Maya becoming RIDICULOUSLY powerful . I'm playing through 2 now with my friend and she uses Maya and that power has saved us more times than I can count.. Axton would be up there for sure if the shield on his turret actually lasted instead of being taken down so damn easy ..it feels almost useless to me ..I throw it down to create some breathing room for us and it gets taken out in a few seconds..

Last edited:
Are the classes good? Been using the turret dude for bl2 but... it’s just a turret. Kinda boring...

All the classes are good and offer cool build versatility. Some more than others.

Some are more gear-dependent and/or skill-dependent so can take longer.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I've gotta go with Roland and Axton. Turrets are a huge help not just for dishing out damage but also for drawing enemy attention away from you.

Shifty

Lilith, Brick, Gaige and Krieg.

Lilith is just straight up overpowered, mathematically speaking. With the proper elemental loadout she can melt anything.

Brick is fun because you get to punch enemies so hard they explode.

Gaige... Screw the robot, her anarchy stacking system is too good. Max that shit out and you'll be blowing dudes away left and right, as and when you're able to actually hit them thanks to the accuracy loss.

Krieg is probably my favourite of the bunch because his mechanics encourage you to play like a crazy person. Yell at your friends to shoot you below a certain health threshold, then pop his super giant mutant form and tear everything up with a buzz axe rampage. Glorious.
(Also a neat touch is that his one-liners have a 'voice in your head' component that can only be heard client-side while playing with other people.)

Last edited:

Codes 208

Well I mean technically speaking Lilith was goddamn OP in BL1 (which I’m pretty sure Is why they treat her like a goddess in BL2) and in BL2 my vote goes for Zero and Axton. Because I like playing as them.

I like how only one person voted for Brick so far. This is about how I expected the vote to go. GAF, you didn't disappoint.

Rockondevil

Gold Member
No love for Brick but he was by far my favourite over both games. I just enjoyed berserking and punching everything so much..
He's definitely not the best, but he's definitely the most fun I've had.

Top Bottom