• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which duology is better , GOW or TLOU?

Which Duology did you prefer?

• God of War / God of War: Ragnarok

Votes: 120 58.0%
  • The Last of us Part 1&2

Votes: 87 42.0%

• Total voters

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Haven't played the sequel but I remember enjoying the first nuGOW a lot, so I'll go with that one. Game had cool combat and it felt like an adventure.

TLOU was a very cool game too, but I didn't like the sequel near as much, mostly because of the pacing and writing.

Last edited:

Vick

Interesting about your putting GOW '18 over GOW:R in gameplay. What did you like more about '18? It's been a while since I played 2018, but I thought GOW:R refined and expanded on it from what I remember.
It's a combination of factors.
Played them back to back at GMGOW difficulty and found GoW (2018) much better tuned, every encounter felt perfect whereas in Ragnarök I noticed in many instances limitations in the camera system, to say one.
Axe and Blades also felt (and sounded) much more impactful in the first one.
Also hated the linear sections in Ragnarök, mostly because story and characters felt dumbed down quite a lot to me.
Plus, no procedurally generated farming levels in Ragnarök, and since I did all side content along with the main Quest it meant basically no end-game content as I saw no reason to put hundreds of hours in the game like I did in Ivaldi's maze.

Boss battles in Ragnarök are amazing and the Crater level design is absolute perfection, but I just prefer the first one because it felt like a real arcade game instead of whatever Ragnarök wanted to be.

Last edited:

Moses85

I like TLOU2 most of these 4 games.
But I like GOW 2018 more than first tlou2.
Stupidity Are You Stupid GIF

Just Kidding Jk GIF

God of War 2018 was the only good video game out of any of these 4 mentioned, but even then it had its host of issues and is a weaker experience compared to the previous entries in the franchise. If I can only choose between these four, then it would be God of War.

Arachnid

Hard to say. From a gameplay perspective, TLOU2 was the best. Meanwhile, TLOU1 was the worst (it had the best story of all four, but I tend to prioritize gameplay experiences). GOW and Ragnorok are more consistently good, but neither are on TLOU2s level.

I dislike TLOU1 gameplay wise enough to tip the scales though. I'll give my vote to GOW.

God of War is a great franchise and enjoyed 2018 and Ragnarok, but TLOU just hits differently.

Both TLOU1 and TLOU2 felt like generation-defining games. Ragnarok just didn't. It feels like a game lost in time a more polished 2018 game that came out in 2022. TLOU2 looked and played like a PS5 game on PS4 and I had no idea how they did that.

I had some issues with TLOU2 but I had more issues with Ragnarok in terms of story telling, pace, and game design.

TLOU 1 was a masterpiece, Gow 1 is very good, the second is less good and TLOU 2 is a horendous game, the worst of all... Best in gameplay and graphics but the story is horendous...

sainraja

While I have enjoyed The Last of Us games, I didn't connect with them as much as I did with Uncharted and God of War. So, I would have to say God of War based on the choices available. I did start a second play-through of TLOU where I was enjoying it more than the first.....and now that the remake is out, I will do so.

Flabagast

TLOU2 story is just a mess so GOW
How is GOW R story not a mess ? You spend half the game following objectives that are side goals at best and do not advance anything (looking for Tyr, Alfheim, Vanaheim, does someone remember why we got there in the first place ?) and the other half chasing MacGuffins that do not matter at all in the end (the useless mask, the useless prophecies)

GOW R story is a putrid pile of shit which goes all over the place and does not commit to anything. It is easily the worst story, amateur hour of all 4 games listed in this thread.

Jennings

Well, they didn't kill Kratos the protagonist at the start of Ragnarok, so I guess that makes GOW better.

-Zelda-

Banned
Someone mentioned "goddess of war" and now I really wish they would bring Heavenly Sword back with some QOL.
And while we are on it, can we please get Sony to release a physical PS5 collection of all the other God of War games?

xVQjlog.jpg

2S33zPF.jpg

Last edited:

gow3isben

Was that commissioned by Neil Cuckmann so he can jerk off to it every night?
I threw up in my mouth a little when I saw this. Whoever the artist is, they have real skill that is wasted on such a trash tier character.

The cuckmeister 100% has a fetish to be carried around by some roided up muscle chick

Last edited:

Aenima

GoW. I enjoyed both games and Ragnarok is the natural conclusion to the nordic gods story. I only enjoyed the 1st TLOU and its a game that dont even needed a sequel.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Please delete this or imma have a panic attack
God of War is the way it is today because of The Last of Us. If it wasn't for TLOU, Kratos would still be an angry fuck with zero depth.

Both games followed in TLOU footsteps, its clear as day.

Top Bottom