• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which edition of Watch Dogs are you buying? Here's a spreadsheet to help you out..

jony_m

goodness... so standard PSN pre-order is the Digital Deluxe Edition?

I'll set reminder to preorder at 1130pm the day before release :)

Dire

You left out the version I'll be getting. The 6-months later $20 for the all-that-crap-combined-in-1 edition.

MilkybKid

Neo Member
Got myself the PS4 Dedsec edition on order so I should be ok for most of the content (birthday few days before so hoping for some money from family to cover this)

But I would happily have got the uplay exclusive edition to get all the digital content without the sodding statue if I could, but couldn't find that whenever I went to look (PC version there, no PS4)

But i'm a weird one, hate knowing that there's content locked down that I can't access, even if it is a inconsequential mission :/

mario_O

Not buying any edition. I have a very bad feeling about this game. I'll wait for reviews, if they're not too bad I might get it when there's a Steam sale.

Dire

This is a farce, holy fuck.

Not buying this game, just looks uninspired.

The stupid amount of day 1 dlc/microtransaction looks quite inspired to separate a fool and his money as quickly as possible. Seriously this has to be a record, right? Can't wait to see the launch sheet for Destiny.

Goldenhen

ANZ edition is missing from the spreadsheet.
cat_585-wd-anz-r.jpg

It's cost same as standard edition.

M.Steiner

I went with the Uplay exclusive edition myself (PC) as that (out of the physical editions) seemed to offer the most ingame content with less of the physical extras. Took me long enough to compare the other editions I saw but I didn't realise the list was quite as ridiculous as this. Just crazy lol.
Still, can't wait to play it.

Dryk

Over time I'd downgraded from Day One to If It's Good. Now it's officially "When it's on sale" since I'll need all the information to sort out which DLC gives me side-missions (buy) and which gives me overpowered guns I don't need (avoid like the plague)

rob305

This can't be right. According to the grid there is no digital version for the xbone??? I hope that's not true as I wanted to buy that

Duxxy3

At the moment I am not buying any version of watch dogs. I am more interested in wolfenstein, so i am getting that first. I have more confidence in those developers than I do in the watch dog developers.

Fjordson

Whatever version Gamefly sends me. Don't trust Ubisoft enough to buy it. Hopefully I'm not missing out on too much content.

Chopper

This just makes my head ache. I can barely read what these features are. It's just a blur of generic gamey words.

How am I supposed to know what any of this stuff is, or what value it holds?!

Son Of D

I'll take the "£20 or less by the end of 2014" edition so that's either PS3 or PC since the only other platform I own that's getting the game is getting it at the end of 2014 so it'll be full price.

yurinka

Preordered PS4 Deadsec edition with a great discount, if very happy with the game I'll consider the season pack too.

Hawk269

I built a gaming rig for my wife since she decided she wanted to play elder scrolls with me and when we ordered her 770 GPU it came with a free copy of the standard edition, so getting it on PC. Was not really looking forward to it since I never thought too much of it, but for free, why not! :)

LOLCats

Banned
Hey look at how much stuff that could have been included with the standard edition game, but we'll just call it DLC.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Totally ridiculous. I really hate this type of DLC. And I'm so sick of hearing about "packs". Hey buy our special exclusive pack of shit that should already be on the disc! No. Just go away.

Dire

Over time I'd downgraded from Day One to If It's Good. Now it's officially "When it's on sale" since I'll need all the information to sort out which DLC gives me side-missions (buy) and which gives me overpowered guns I don't need (avoid like the plague)

Completely agreed here. I wish DLC/"packs" were more clearly labeled between additional content and "let's randomly overpower your character." The most recent all for $20 pack was Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition and it was just teeming with random game breaking DLC stuff.

Top Bottom