• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which edition of Watch Dogs are you buying? Here's a spreadsheet to help you out..

GavinUK86

lol i noticed this on wikipedia the other day too. it's pretty pathetic how many different editions of games get released nowadays. i'll get the pc deadsec edition but i really don't care what preorder bonuses i get. i want to play the game as it was intended, not with some add-on that a retail chain paid exclusively for which, more than likely, breaks the balance of the game some how.

sector4

It's so ridiculous, they also forgot the Dead Sec uPlay store version, which is the most complete version as it comes with everything in the dead sec edition, and the extra DLC.

It's beyond a joke how many versions of this game there are, and that most of the Season pass DLC can be gotten through various editions of the game.

OvvPWY1.png

In addition to
PREORDER OFFER UPLAY

Uplay exclusive : Preorder now and get the complete pack of Watch-dogs Skins.

Untouchables single player pack:
A nod to Chicago’s infamous 1920s criminal world.
Rewards: Tommy gun + 1920s Chicago outfit.

Cyberpunk single player pack:
The visual incarnation of a cyberpunk.
Rewards: cyberpunk gun (a powerful one-handed weapon) + cyberpunk skin.

Blume Agent single player pack
The visual incarnation of a blume agent.
Rewards: Blume outfit + Weapon boost: less recoil on shots.

DedSec Shadow single player pack:
Rewards : Dedsec outfit + hacking boost: add 1 battery slot.

Club Justice single player pack:
Rewards: Chicago South Club skin + driving boost: more hit points to vehicles.

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_AU/pd/ThemeID.8605700/productID.279021500

I learnt my lesson with AC4 to get in early on uPlay exclusive stuff, PS4 version is already sold out.

catmario

Maybe Dedsec edition + Season pass.

Or... If Ubisoft korea includes all pre-order dlc in standard edition as usual (They do this at AC4), I'm gonna buy standard edition and season pass.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I don't know why, maybe I'm just an incredibly bitter gamer nowadays, but I went from being genuinely excited about this game at its initial unveil gradually through to a mixture of apathy and irritation at every mention of it. And then this crap is pulled and I feel no desire to be anywhere near it or its inevitable sequels.

It actually scares me how little I care to play Watch_Dogs now.

man this is gonna get alot of use (if it hadn't already :D)

on topic, I'd wait for the inevitable $35 PC edition 1 month after launch (it is an ubi game afterall) but I may have to get it a bit earlier if my brother and friend both convince me to get it earlier

dmr87

I went from being genuinely excited about this game at its initial unveil gradually through to a mixture of apathy and irritation at every mention of it. And then this crap is pulled and I feel no desire to be anywhere near it or its inevitable sequels.

You are not alone, far from it.

I'm mostly just interested to see how good it looks on PC.

sjay1994

You are not alone, far from it.

If anything, its the complete opposite for me. At the e3 demo it was just an interesting concept, but I still didn't understand what the game was. Same with the PS4 reveal, the game just wasn't explaining itself well to me.

If anything, if the game came out as it was supposed to last year, I probably wouldn't have bought it since I didn't understand much about it, also due to the mad rush of games in that period.

Now, I have a better understanding of the game, how it plays, and have pre ordered the digital version on PSN.

This is just ubi being ubi with their different editions across the world, that include missions and skins I never touch because they just aren't interesting.

Frostburn

Argh so many choices. Honestly for me I'm a bit weary of the game's quality at this point. Going to wait for some reviews and make a decision on if I should even buy the game or not.

I traded a bunch of games to GameStop during one of their good deals and I have the PS4 regular version paid off and the season pass.

But Ubi better not pull this stunt with The Division.

TYRiAX

Easy, standard edition all the way.

All the extra in game content bonuses are usually crap anyway like extra skins etc. Even the extra singleplayer content (3 missions only?) will not be worth the extra 20 bucks or whatever cost it is.

I'm not even angry about this type of marketing, only when major content is locked behind special editions is when I'll be upset

Nydius

Ubisoft please.
<snip of image for space>

This is fucking nuts and should be exhibit A in the argument of why the AAA business model is unsustainable over the long term.

Also, this popped into my head as I was trying to decipher all the different editions:
wargames_chess_request.jpg

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
In preordering the standard edition, I almost have all the games i planned to get at launch. Dame you #DriveClub!! Damn you!!!

arhra

All these additional content packs, are they just timed exclusive or will they just never be available for platforms marked No?

In terms of DLC (rather than the physical "collectible" items that'll be clogging up your cupboards by Christmas), everything except the "Playstation Only" White Hat Pack is available via the regular edition + season pass, if I'm reading correctly.

NZNova

This preorder culture is such bullshit.

It's just artificial scarcity that benefits only publishers and provides no actual upside to consumers whatsoever. So to disguise this, they have to invent this "benefit" by walling off arbitrary bullshit to present as if it's some amazing thing you're getting. Ubisoft is the worst of the bunch when it comes to this, but they all do it.

Fuck off, publishers. Just fuck off. This kind of thing is just as annoying as season passes and online passes and always-online DRM and all the other money-grubbing, anti-consumer bullshit you've squirted out over the years.

All these additional content packs, are they just timed exclusive or will they just never be available for platforms marked No?
Depends on whether there is an exclusivity contract for that content. EA did some with Gamestop for some Mass Effect preorder guns and armor.

I got the digital deluxe version for $30. I only bought it because it cost just $2 more than the standard edition. All of this dlc looks meh to monumentally shitty anyway so I'm not seeing the outrage.

Top Bottom