• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which edition of Watch Dogs are you buying? Here's a spreadsheet to help you out..

I decided to cancel my pre-order. The difference between the hype videos and the actual build are huge. I will wait for it to go on sale. I will start have to stop believing Ubisoft trailers.

Steph_E.

Now I know why AAA games cost so much to make - the developers blow half the budget thinking up how many different versions they can make.

I assume some versions have different prices too... so dumb.

I'm in wait-and-see mode for this game and will probably go standard edition when I bite.

louiedog

There's absolutely no way for me as a customer to just buy the game and feel good about my purchase and the content that I'm getting. It's ridiculous.

Veive257

Neo Member
I have no idea what I'm getting but it came free with my GTX 770 so wtf.

Order Date: May 3, 2014

Product Name: WATCH DOGS (Pre-Ordered)
Platform: PC
Anticipated Released Date: 2013/11/19
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: $0.00

Also seems it should have been released a while ago.. oh, uplay

LoveCake

Maybe if we as a collective ask Ubi nicely they will do a WatchDogs: GAF Edition, what would it contain though ?

That spreadsheet hurts me, physically. I'm getting the ps4 version because the PC version can't be a physical collector's edition and I'm a sucker for collector's editions. I'll then probably double dip on the PC version when it goes on sale.

I miss the good old days...

Here's the chart for Super Mario Bros. 3:

smb3tjkz9.png
The good old days, sometimes I can feel the enthusiasm draining these days.

LoveCake

Just got this email,

Hi Alan

We just wanted to write with some good news. The price for PS4 Watch Dogs has decreased to £46.99. Our Pre-order Price Promise means you pay the lower price, and not the original price so there's no need to worry. Thought you should know.

Thanks again for pre-ordering with us.

Keep gaming,

The Team
GAME.co.uk

:D

What in the blue hell is this?!

I wasn't going to buy it anyway but that chart is ridiculous. You know you should wait for either a)Steam bundle b)"Complete" or (not really)GOTY edition or c) buy a different game.

Here I thought having a Standard, Special and Limited Edition was annoying...

megalowho

Video games are hilarious, couldn't come up with a funnier parody of this sort of thing if you tried. I choose none of the above, and if the game turns out great the standard version will be my edition of choice (preferably on sale).

Wow....this is silly. All of it is just DLC with fancy names.

Just got this email,

:D

What bothers me is that GAME are telling you that they're purposefully scamming you but will will knock of £5 from the original price because you pre-ordered from them. Not only is the pre-order still bullshit but it's still more expensive than if you were to buy it online from e-tailers.

Ubisoft will be lucky if I spend any money at all on their downgraded, new age AC bullshit at all.

This is the height of arrogance and stupidity, fuck Ubisoft.

Proponent

Banned
Why so many editions?

Is it a rule now that multiple editions translates into sales?

Wow.

Oh and I'm getting none of them.

Going with the Gamefly or Redbox edition.

StUnNeR H2K

Maybe if we as a collective ask Ubi nicely they will do a WatchDogs: GAF Edition, what would it contain though ?

I'm sure if we gave them enough money they would do anything no matter how stupid it was.

I planned to get the game but this preorder bonus crap is getting out of hand. I'm all for the wait for GOTY edition and save money while getting everything.

Top Bottom