• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which fighting game character could go on to become their own standalone game?

Standalone Game for Fighters

• Ryu

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Ken

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Chun-Li

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Guile

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Juri

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jin Kazama

• Kazuya Mishima

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • King

• Siegfried Schtauffen

• Sophitia Alexandra

• Taki

• Scorpion

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Liu Kang

• Johnny Cage

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For the sake of Just Get it Over With, a Standalone Mishima Family action game would be interesting. Play as Jin Kazama or his father Kazuya Mishima.

Maybe a GOW style Ryu Game?

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Each character has their face value 2021 we saw the beginnings of Goku and DBZ so fighting game’s solution is to take the genre to open world.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I accidentally voted Siegfried just cause I main Siegfried, but Sophitia probably has a better fighting style to carry her own game.
Her new timeline story is also quite interesting all be it quite Mary Sue.

Siegfried's story could also be interesting.
  • 1st Game - Goody two shoes knight, father gets murdered you need strength to exact revenge so you start your journey to find the Soul Edge, eventually find it maybe midway through the game, but start going mad unlocking new moves and shit....turn into to Nightmare.
  • 2nd Game - Nightmare defeated by your old friends at the start, you are back to being Siegfried.
    No powers because videogame reasons, find Soul Calibur start building up powers again hunting down your Soul Edge possessed Armor (Nightmare).
kueJciy.jpg

Last edited:

Teddy_bytheway

Neo Member
I could see Scorpion in a Sekiro/Souls-type game set in the MK universe. Taki would also make sense in a Nioh/Souls game since she is a demon hunter(?).

nowhat

I think some of the DLC characters in MKX could really pull it off. Like Alien, Predator and Jason Voorhees.

Kyo Kusanagi (King of Fighters), Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat), and Nina Williams (Tekken) had their own spin offs, but were below average. There are already plenty of characters in fighting games originating from standalone titles like Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden), Ralf/Clark (Ikari Warriors), Athena (Athena), etc. There are no need for more.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
How about a Yakuza-like game with Ryu set in a comfy japanese village and the forest and temple where he used to train with Ken? That'd be cool imo, could serve as a prequel of the main series.

I would love, LOVE a Chun Li character action game, or a modernized beat em up rather, by Platinum, by Capcom themselves... sexy, iconic, great moves, don't know why it hasn't happened already. Not to mention she's a policewoman, taking down criminal baddies through gritty street levels would be a natural fit for her standalone game. Something like Sifu, but flashier:

Soltype

Shenmue is sort of in this boat, they could have had it star Akira like planned and it would have been just as good.

Top Bottom