• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which home consoles do you currently own?

What current gen consoles do you own

• Total voters

Kagey K

Banned
Ok so there are accusations of shilling and astroturfing going on so,let’s ask the hard questions.

What consoles do you currently own now, current gen only.

Not I bought one and sold it, or I technically own it because I lent it to my brother. What console do you have access to and could sign into, in the next 5 mins?

I feel like,this thread was just done, but you can click multiple options for all or none of the consoles you own.

Lock if innapropriate.

CuNi

Many, but fun this gen the Xbox one, ps4 and pc ofc. Planning on getting a switch down the road.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Switch and Xbox One. But I play more on old systems at the moment. In particular, I play a lot on original Xbox and PlayStation Vita right now.

Ok so there are accusations of shilling and astroturfing going on so,let’s ask the hard questions.

What consoles do you currently own now, current gen only.

Not I bought one and sold it, or I technically own it because I lent it to my brother. What console do you have access to and could sign into, in the next 5 mins?

I feel like,this thread was just done, but you can click multiple options for all or none of the consoles you own.

Lock if innapropriate.

Where are those accusations being made? With regards to what? And what does ownership numbers have to do with it?

Kagey K

Banned
Where are those accusations being made? With regards to what? And what does ownership numbers have to do with it?

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/notice-how-xbox-is-quietly-doing-well.1472114/page-3#post-253781531

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/rumo...-in-development.1469228/page-2#post-253631950

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/notice-how-xbox-is-quietly-doing-well.1472114/#post-253779992

Need more? That was just the first 3 there are many more examples if needed.

Ownership proves nothing, it was more of a curiosity. I wanted to see if the Xbox excitement threads were “marketing” of if it was proportionate to the users.

Same with PS4 and it’s “excited,” not “astroturfing” user base.

betrayal

Banned
PS4 Pro, XBox One X, Switch. I'm one of those guys who buys games, plays them for up to 60 minutes and then goes back playing always the same online games (atm Overwatch, Rocket League, PUBG). Time's an issue too, i guess.

Had a PC for most of my life and will buy another one, if i feel it's time again. Some games are just superior with M/KB.

Last edited:
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/notice-how-xbox-is-quietly-doing-well.1472114/page-3#post-253781531

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/rumo...-in-development.1469228/page-2#post-253631950

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/notice-how-xbox-is-quietly-doing-well.1472114/#post-253779992

Need more? That was just the first 3 there are many more examples if needed.

Ownership proves nothing, it was more of a curiosity. I wanted to see if the Xbox excitement threads were “marketing” of if it was proportionate to the users.

Same with PS4 and it’s “excited,” not “astroturfing” user base.

Ah I see, with regards to Xbox then. Looking at the post history of the OPs I can't really say there's evidence for that. Proportionally, at least with the current tiny sample size of the poll, it's probably a bit underrepresented.

Kagey K

Banned
Ah I see, with regards to Xbox then. Looking at the post history of the OPs I can't really say there's evidence for that. Proportionally, at least with the current tiny sample size of the poll, it's probably a bit underrepresented.
Again I was hoping to get a sample of the Neogaf userbase.

You said no claims of astroturfing were going on, I proved they were.

I just want to see if these are biased true or actually false statements, instead of a self fulfilling prophecy, I wanted people to put their money where their mouth is.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, Gaming PC and a lot of older systems. The only major console I don't have is a Nintendo Switch.

Leonidas

Xbox One X and a PC more powerful than even the next-gen consoles.

At this point I only support consoles that have backwards compatibility.

Again I was hoping to get a sample of the Neogaf userbase.

You said no claims of astroturfing were going on, I proved they were.

I just want to see if these are biased true or actually false statements, instead of a self fulfilling prophecy, I wanted people to put their money where their mouth is.

I think that's a misunderstanding, it's just that you said
Ok so there are accusations of shilling and astroturfing going on
so I wanted to know with regards to what that was since I seem to have missed that and how those user numbers factored into it . But thanks for the explanation

Last edited:

Raph64

PS4/Switch. The perfect console combo you can have on the market, period.

PS4 for its AAA exclusives, Switch for its portability and it’s widely varied library of games.

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

Got a gaming rig that needs a CPU upgrade and a 3DS (because it's amazing and I'll fight anyone who says it isn't). Picking up a Switch later in the year. That's a given, just waiting for either a new model or a Pokemon bundle.

This board is Sony territory. We all know that. It's not some grand conspiracy, it's just the super popular console of the moment.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
PC (1080ti) / Pro / X1X / Switch. Full Idort mode, baby. This is the benefit of not owning a car.

Edit: outside of current gen, also a Vita, N3DSXL, PS2, PS3, N64

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

PS4 and Switch. Best combo available for me as it covers everything I need, in particular JRPGs, action-rpg and adventure and platforming games. From AAA blockbusters right down to niche indies, there is something around every corner. The only downsize with this is time and money, lol.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
PC - my main platform. for games where I want to enjoy good performance/graphics.
Switch - my favourite console.
PS4 Slim - it's gathering dust. bought it for exclusives (bloodborne/persona/tlou/horizon etc), games that aren't on PC (RDR2) or where performance sucks on PC (rare).

Makariel

PC and PS4. The latter I just got for Bloodborne and was collecting dust until I got the PSVR headset, now pretty much all my gaming is with PSVR.

I still have a PS3 hooked up for the occasional Demon's Souls, plus a X360 but I rarely use that one. Could actually retire the X360.

edit: since I just saw it mentioned, I also have NES and SNES classic.

Last edited:

Orenji Neko

PC that is much more capable than any consoles, a Switch, and an Xbox One for 4K Bluray and some titles that I cannot get on PC still. (Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Ninja Gaiden Black, etc)

I primarily play my PC and Switch. I have a lot of older machines all the way back to the NES in storage though. They are all Nintendo and Sega devices save for the lone PC Engine. I did have a PS1 and 2, but the only games I bought those for are now available on PC so I got rid of them.

Oh we also have a N3DS, but my daughter is the caretaker of that after I finished Dragon Quest VII and VIII and bought a Switch.

HeresJohnny

PS4 Pro, Xbox One S, Switch, and every console from the two generations prior as well, which I still play from time to time.

Humdinger

Sold my X a couple days ago, because MS just leaves me feeling flat. Maybe by late 2020, they'll have something I'm interested in, but until then, I'm back to being a PS4 Pro only owner. That's enough for me. Having more than one console under my TV feels excessive anyhow, and PS4 deserves the spot.

I did a couple of polls on the same subject previously. Here they are, if you want to compare results. I thought the second one was the most interesting, because of the very low proportion of Xbox-only and Switch-only owners.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/what-consoles-do-you-own.1464225/

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/poll-which-combination-of-current-gen-consoles-do-you-own.1465778/

Last edited:

ChuyMasta

Switch only. Turns out being an adult requites a certain amount of moolah going into other things and even having entertaining money means nothing if unexpected expenses show up.....

STUPID MODERN APPLIANCES AND THEIR PRICES GAHHHHHH!! I could ve bought an xbox 1x and a ps4pro with the same amount I spent on....laundry appliances.

Last edited:

Meowzers

Bought PS4 in 2015 and it was played to death until 2018 when I got the Xbox X and do most of my gaming with that.

PS4 for exclusives and Xbox X for multiplats.

My PC is a serious potato, though I only use it for browsing and downloading movies and shows to watch. It's a Core 2 Duo processor :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Meowzers

Switch only. Turns out being an adult requites a certain amount of moolah going into other things and even having entertaining money means nothing if unexpected expenses show up.....

STUPID MODERN APPLIANCES AND THEIR PRICES GAHHHHHH!! I could ve bought an xbox 1x and a ps4pro with the same amount I spent on....laundry appliances.

All you're getting with PS4 Pro is just extra plastic and it's not worth it. May as well slowly start saving £$5-6 per week and you'll have enough saved for next gen by the end of next year.
Small amounts are easy to do.

gundalf

I could financially own every console and a high-end pc with the latest games, no worries.
But I only have a Switch with a handful of games and it's the best thing that happend to me (gaming wise) - I can play hardcore games on my business trips and at home whenever the TV is free or on my bed. If the switch would have been a traditional console I would have never finished games like BotW, Mario Odyssey or Xenoblade.

I used to own a PS4 Pro and a Highend PC but I sold them since it made no sense to own them.

Top Bottom