• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which is the single, worst game review ever published?

Ingwerorang

Neo Member
EDGE Magazine pretending Hollow Knight was single-handedly saved by the Nintendo Switch. Otherwise, it would have remained as an obscure title.
RockPaperShothgun spend a better part of their Review of Monster Hunter Iceborne discussing the "embarrassing" female armour options rather than talking about new gameplay features.

Tmack

Funny that he`s like "once the graphics gymic worn off it`s bad".... after so many years (not weeks as he mention) graphics deff worn off and the game is still great... a testament to how great is the lvl design and gameplay of doom.

MiguelItUp

I was going to say Jim's Kane & Lynch 2 was my choice as well. Because the review totally came off as an unnecessary bashing.

When Destructoid was in its prime in the late 2000's, it was the only video game centric site that I visited. At that point I was already lurking GAF, but that's different, haha.

I felt a lot of their reviews were fair, outside of Jim of course. I say that because when Jim was hired his reviews started getting attention because they felt he was just low balling games for attention, which I'd never say is not true. But hey! Whatever it really was, it worked for him, so good for him!

Before Dtoid, I was all about GameTrailers as they actually SHOWED footage, and I felt like the reviews were always fitting. By the time GT died, I was strictly going GAF and YouTube + Twitch, and that just kind of stuck.

I'd love to have another frequent site to visit, but it's hard to find one I frequently agree with. It feels like so many try to pander for clicks, and it's annoying. It's like a competition to see who is the most progressive. I really don't care to know about someone's opinions on society and politics when I'm reading about video games.

tichamac

Banned
the ps5 review by kotaku was pretty eyerolling;

FD3mucH.png

the Wuflu, capitalism, white people, etc. have nothing to do with the quality of a japanese game console.

Tsukumo

I need to start a petition to get Phillip Miucin as honorary NeoGaf gold member.
Imagine the never ending lols and lmaos fuel or the amount of triggering it would cause on ResetEra...

Ac!dSnake

Neo Member
An oldie, but a goodie:

"The game's control setup is its most terrifying element. The left analog stick moves you forward, back, and strafes right and left, while the right analog stick turns you and can be used to look up and down. Too often, you'll turn to face a foe and find that your weapon is aimed at the floor or ceiling while the alien gleefully hacks away at your midsection. Add to the mix a few other head scratchers - such as how the triangle button controls item and health use - and you'll be wondering how Sony let this get by without requesting a few different control configuration options."

This will always be one of the funniest paragraphs ever with hindsight.

Top Bottom