• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which is your iconic movie quote of the 21st century?

What quote do you like the most?

• Are you not entertained? - Gladiator

• You shall not pass!! - LOTR

• This is Sparta!! - 300

• You're a wizard, Harry - Harry Potter

• What I do have are a very particular set of skills... - Taken

• Just keep swimming - Finding Nemo

• Why so serious? - The Dark Knight

• Wakanda Forever! - Black Panther

• Stop trying to make Fetch happen - Mean Girls

• With great power comes great responsibility - Spider-Man

• I am Iron Man - Iron Man

• Wilson!! - Castaway

• May the odds be ever in your favour - The Hunger Games

Results are only viewable after voting.
_i_am_iron_man_by_jakubmaslowski-dd6t2np.jpg

"You shall not pass" is literally my favorite movie scene ever so I'll go with that. Ian McKellen is a international treasure.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Too bad it came out in 1998.

The funny thing is, the writer overheard Snipes say that on set and thought it was so cool, he just had to write it in, even though Snipes argued because it makes zero sense for him to use it when he does.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
great poll. I cant vote for Spiderman because to me this is a quote from the 60s (I wasnt alive then just saying this is a spiderman comic quote, note a movie quote).

I voted for Nemo and LOTR

epicnemesis

What’s shocking is the lack of iconic movie lines in the last 20 years. The 80s and 90s were full of great one liners.

Nothing comes close to a “yippie kayee motherfucker” or “hastalavista baby” or even a “get to the choppaahhhhhhhh”

I voted for Gladiator, Dark Knight and Taken. woulda throw my vote to Castaway too but only 3 votes allowed. all the lines are very iconic to be honest. but a lot of them were originally from books and stuff so I feel I can't really give the vote to them.

INC

Why so serious is forever cemented in history

Maybe John wick, 'a fucking pencil'

Holy shit thats Jason bourne!

Stitch

Gold Member
None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with *ME*!

- Watchmen

Last edited:

Arkam

For me it’s every other line from The Life Aquatic.

202630189-38889f19663b1bb8559c3e26bac7cbfb.jpg

i7kmsffra0e11.jpg

ae36ec623102ed75f15aae4428036705.jpg

With every other line in Stepbrothers as a runner up.

Last edited:

Spaceman292

Banned
What’s shocking is the lack of iconic movie lines in the last 20 years. The 80s and 90s were full of great one liners.

Nothing comes close to a “yippie kayee motherfucker” or “hastalavista baby” or even a “get to the choppaahhhhhhhh”
Theres literally a list of iconic quotes right in the OP and that's just skimming the surface. How can you say there haven't been any?

Off the top of my head I feel there are way too man Super hero movie quotes here.

That said I'm struggling to think of others.

What's in Box comes it mind but that's 20th.

Last edited:
Top Bottom