• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which of these 2020 games do you look forward to most?

Which of these 2020 games do you look forward to most?

• Elden Ring - souls on steriods?

Votes: 29 11.1%
  • Tales of Arise - tales on UE4 engine

Votes: 8 3.1%
  • FF7 remake - part 1

Votes: 49 18.7%
  • Cyberpunk 2077

Votes: 81 30.9%
  • Halo infinite

Votes: 19 7.3%
  • Last of us 2

Votes: 38 14.5%
  • Other

Votes: 26 9.9%
  • Doom Eternal

Votes: 12 4.6%

• Total voters

SantaC

2020 is soon upon us, and some very exciting games are bound to release next year. 2019 has been a bit lacklustre for me.

6FDLIim.jpg

Fbh

Man, next year is going to be awesome. Aside from Halo I'm really looking forward to all the games in the OP. And we might also get Bayonetta 3 or SMTV too.

Anyway, out of them I think probably Cyberpunk. I really liked The Witcher 3 and it personally raised the bar of what I expect from a big western RPG. So I'm really looking forward to what the team will pull off with Cyberpunk.
Also really excited about Elden ring because Miyazaki has yet to disappoint me, and it might also be the first next gen (or at least cross gen) souls game which on its own is exciting. But I can't put it in first place because having seen nothing of it the hype is more about what this game might be than based on anything tangible.

Fbh

I hope i am not alone thinking 2019 been a bit disappointing. Mostly played games in my backlog.

I'd say early on it was great. With RE2 Remake, DMC5, Sekiro, etc.
The second half of the year hasn't been terrible but nothing mindblowing. The one big release I was still looking forward to this year was Doom and that was moved to 2020 too

Graciaus

Of those listed definetly the new tales of game.

I'm sure I'll get elden ring day one but hard to get hyped over an idea.

JimiNutz

Banned
In order:

Doom Eternal
The Last of Us 2
Cyberpunk 2077

Halo Infinite would maybe be on the list over Cyberpunk is they'd actually shown off anything substantial of the game. At the moment its pretty much a complete unknown in terms of gameplay.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
For me, it's The Last of Us Part II by far. After that, it's -

2. Cyberpunk 2077
3. The Avengers
4. Watch Dogs Legion
5. Trials of Mana
6. Gods & Monsters
7. Halo Infinite
8. Doom Eternal

All eight games are based on my own personal list of games that have a confirmed release date. While Halo Infinite doesn't, I believe that it's guaranteed to be a launch title. 2019 has been great to excellent for me and 2020 may end up being even better.

dirthead

Banned
Elden Ring is my only hope for an actual progression in gaming. Doom Eternal is just more of the same. Cyberpunk is made by a European developer so you know the gameplay will suck cock. Everything else is just Franchise XXXX release.

From is like the Quentin Tarantino of gaming. They're the only company still making real big budget games instead of fake Dragon's Lair shit (Naughty Dog) or boring franchise clones (Activision, Microsoft).

SantaC

Elden Ring is my only hope for an actual progression in gaming. Doom Eternal is just more of the same. Cyberpunk is made by a European developer so you know the gameplay will suck cock. Everything else is just Franchise XXXX release.

From is like the Quentin Tarantino of gaming. They're the only company still making real big budget games instead of fake Dragon's Lair shit (Naughty Dog) or boring franchise clones (Activision, Microsoft).
Euro devs are bad now?

dirthead

Banned
Don't like any Rare games? Don't Like Forza Horizon? Don't like Batman Arkham games? Don't like GTA? Don't like Wipeout?

Those are just a tiny fraction of UK developed games, include EU games and the list is even longer.

Nope, not really! Kind of hilarious that you're arguing against European games being jank fests and using GTA as an example.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Tales of Arise
Bayonetta 3
Elden Ring
Final Fantasy VII Remake
No more Heroes 3 (if they release first two game on Switch)
The Last of Us Part 2
Ghost of Tsushima
Grandblue Fantasy Relink (hoping)
Shin Megami Tensei V (hoping)
Persona 5 Royal
Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
Tokyo Mirage Session #FE Encore

JimiNutz

Banned
Nope, not really! Kind of hilarious that you're arguing against European games being jank fests and using GTA as an example.

I did think that lol
But GTA hasn't always been janky.

Plus I don't see how any of those mentioned games or developers are anymore janky than US developed games.

Halo Infinite
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
The Last Night
Whatever Playdead's next game is!
Little Nightmares 2
Animal Crossing
Fable 4 (if it releases in 2020)
Metroid Prime 4 (if it releases in 2020 - unlikely)
Breath of the Wild 2
Microsoft Flight Simulator
Tunic (if it doesn't release this year)

I love Tequila Works but apparently they are doing a bunch of VR stuff currently with their only non-VR game being a Stadia exclusive... Though Gylt has my interest regardless. (2019 release?)

Last edited:
Elden Ring, easy.

Interested to see how FFVII Remake turns out but there's no way it can touch the original, especially since they changed they "modernized" the combat so much.

TLoU2, if it's not just a shallow SJW fest, should be solid.

Last edited:

D-Dude

Cyberpunk 2077
Metro Exodus - Sam's Story
Dying Light 2
Persona 5 Royal
Tales of Arise
Ghost Of Tsushima
TLOU2

1. Cyberpunk 2077 - Not expecting anything groundbreaking gameplay wise but I'm sure they'll deliver in the story and world interaction department.
  2. Elden Ring - Fromsoft haven't let me down yet so i'm all in.
  3. Doom Eternal
  4. Dying Light 2
FF7's story is a complete fucking mess and remaking it is just a huge waste of time and resources.

Ghost of Tsushima - I feel that Sucker Punch is among the few Sony studios that gives a good balance between story and fun. Infamous 1 and 2 captured that feeling of fun while also providing a good story. I'm pretty confident that they will deliver on that front with their upcoming game.

FFVII Remake - I was very apprehensive about the change in the battle system, but when it was elaborated upon during E3, I was very impressed.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
1. The Last of Us Part 2
2. Ghost of Tsushima
3. Final Fantasy 7
4. Cyberpunk 2077
5. Tales of Arise
6. Project Awakening

Interested to see what Halo Infinite looks like on next generation hardware too

Last edited:
Top Bottom