• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which offline mobile games do you play in short bursts?

I noticed I've uninstalled most of the games I usually play when commuting...
I ask for offline games since online games 1)Cant be played on the London underground trains
2)patchy Internet disrupts them.

Currently I just play threes or solitaire on top of reading news +reddit.

This has probably been asked before but I couldn't find anything sfter quickly searching and its better to have an updated list.

Mobile games are bad. I like Survivalcraft a lot though.

What else. Emulators. But you know where that road leads.

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.

doop_

Banned
Bad Piggies and Angry Birds 2 by Rovio are both pretty good and are their best games. Angry Birds 2 honestly has an amazing soundtrack.

Super Phantom Cat
Air Attack 2
Crossy Road
Hyberburner
Impossible Road
Power Hover
Inks
Giant Boulder of Death
Five Card Quest
Pocket Mortys
Downwell
Horizon Chase World Tour

Some of these games might complain once or twice that they don't have a connection but they'll get over it.

BasilZero

Offline none....at the moment, planning to get each of the FF games soon starting with FF1.

I did use to play Hitman GO though.

Currently the only game I'm playing now is FF Record Keeper but thats online.

Magikarp Jump
Stack

Downloaded magikarp jump a couple of days ago...it's pretty slow since you have to wait for training etc.
got bored of stack fast a year or two ago.

Mobile games are bad. I like Survivalcraft a lot though.

What else. Emulators. But you know where that road leads.

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.

I have emulators, but they're difficult to play in short bursts and with one hand.

Threes

A fun sliding/numbers game

Already have it, in the op. But yeah its really fun!

Bejeweled rocks so hard

I got burnt out on hexic and bejeweled when I was younger, maybe I'll try it again, thanks.

I'll check it out thanks.

Bad Piggies and Angry Birds 2 by Rovio are both pretty good and are their best games. Angry Birds 2 honestly has an amazing soundtrack.

I haven't tried AB2 , wasn't a huge fan of 1.

XCom EU, not sure if its online or not though

I'll check it out thanks.

Super Phantom Cat
Air Attack 2
Crossy Road
Hyberburner
Impossible Road
Power Hover
Inks
Giant Boulder of Death
Five Card Quest
Pocket Mortys
Downwell
Horizon Chase World Tour

Some of these games might complain once or twice that they don't have a connection but they'll get over it.

Thanks for the list, this is what I was hoping for :D.

Offline none....at the moment, planning to get each of the FF games soon starting with FF1.

I did use to play Hitman GO though.

Currently the only game I'm playing now is FF Record Keeper but thats online.

I have hitman go and tomb raider go , but they're difficult to play while commuting, I forgot I had them though thanks (recently wiped my phone so didn't redownload).

And to add to that:

Card Crawl
Card Thief
Solitairica
Severed
Downwell
Missileman
Steamworld Heist
Blitz Breaker
Pang
Imbroglio
Five Card Quest

Thanks for adding to the list!

Syriel

This is my jam.

AI Factory Backgammon:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.aifactory.backgammon

UmeQq_cD0ROuc08hEdG-EaD29d3RyFvgeCjTQVMw6c0tB5bUIjnPruVYC7IBjYf9x1k=h900

Knights of Pen & Paper
ChuChu Rocket
Alto's Adventure
Tetris
Blendoku 2
Two Dots/Dots & Co

Mate you got me excited, but ChuChu Rocket was removed years ago. Similarly Jeff Minter took down all his games from iOS, which is a shame because I love Gridrunner on my iphone.

Anyway, what I usually play would be any of Cave's shooters (Espgaluda, Dodonpachi, etc.), Pinball Breaker, Jetpack Joyride, Super Hexagon or A Dark Room if you want an RPG.

Jaraghan

Pretty basic (since I haven't really delved into the Google Play store), but Bloons TD and Doodle Jump are games I love to play when I just have my phone and want to kill time.

BlueDayAllDay

Neo Member
Just started playing Ruby Dragon on iPhone - only just released. Infinite play/runner. Love the challenge - it's similar to Snake but it's infinite.

Top Bottom