• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which one is better Neogaf or Resetera ?

Neogaf vs Resetera ?

• Neogaf

Votes: 395 88.6%
  • Resetera

Votes: 51 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres been ongoing fight between these two for awhile

As a fellow member of Neogaf what makes you decide to stay on our side ?

What makes this place is different than the others?

Any fellow Reset member are also free to come here and comment

Feel free to talk about what you dont like in Neogaf or Resetera, or any member/admin on Neogaf or Resetera you dont like

No need to worry about getting banned or anything

This is free for all thread

speak up your mind and express your freedom

thank you

ROMhack

I don't read RE but I last time I looked it had better discussions about indie games. I'd probably feel more comfortable starting a thread there about a random one.

That's about it. NG is easier to speak your mind and I feel part of the community here so it's obviously better.

Mods here are very fair too. When people get banned it is pretty much always because they are being a dickhead, not just because they hold views that the mods don't like.

Pretty obvious stuff.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
Depends if You want to post on the fastest dying "Gaming" forum.

WAqe4pj.png

Or do you want to post on the fastest growing gaming forum?

BKm2iZO.png

r40aRn.gif

This place feels like my gaming related internet home since I started lurking here in 2006.

On the other site I never even felt like posting, and as soon as I did I was banned anyway..

It's been changing a bit here again over the last year though.

Much more traffic here now.

Last edited:

jts

...hate me...
Era moderation is batshit insane to the point of fascism if that can be applied to web forums. And it shapes the forum into a horrible culture.

Here people can have some strong opinions but it's way more chill and free to discuss different points of view, and you can make a joke without being banned for 2 months to think about what you just did.

No need to hide the truth, obviously Era has a large active userbase which has value because it brings content etc, hence why people still have interest in it. But GAF seems to be growing back into shape so whatever. It is definitely cool to see some new and old avatars and usernames, sometimes some coming back from the past.

ILLtown

I like to pop on a fursuit and seethe with rage at white people (i.e. racists) while calling black people I don't like "coons" and celebrating when politicians I don't like get sick or die, so I much prefer ResetEra as I can't stand racism and intolerance and if people just treated each other a bit nicer, the world would be a better place.

ResetEra is like an oasis in a desert that's filled with Nazis. A spring that nourishes me with its water of enlightenment, while other sites try and soak me in the urine of bigotry. The safe space of all safe spaces, without which I would simply perish.

I don't like video games at all, so it's great to be around like-minded folks who also hate them and the people that play them.

Also, as someone who doesn't switch stations if "It's Raining Men" by "The Weather Girls" comes on, I reckon I'm 0.000001% female, so I'm glad that ResetEra caters to non-binary folx like me. NeoGAF seems far more catered to people who are normal, which is fine if that's what you want I guess.

Mista

Banned
Jokes aside, the answer is GAF and its not even close.

GAF doesn’t punish you for speaking your mind even if what you said stands-out from the rest. GAF doesn’t act like something but sneakily creating a cult that if anyone doesn’t agree with they’re immediately gone. The activity in the other place doesn’t mean anything. You can check most threads and most of the posts are (Agreed, This, 100% true...etc) on GAF you get discussions, you get people with different opinions yet nobody gets banned for stating their opinion. Years ago, GAF was like the other place today. But those rotten are long gone now and guess what? They formed the other place. Thats why you see GAF in a better place and more healthy

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I have only looked on Reset once... That was during something about Rise of Skywalker and some hubbub about someone saying something racist against black folks and that that user wasn't banned ... He was being sarcastic but I guess it didn't go over well with users and they were eventually banned ... The moderation there seems totalitarian. And some of those people really don't check things out for themselves or think critically. It's just an echo chamber and diversity of thought is not allowed (no conservative voices).

Here... They've banned actual racists and not just people who had some questions... but actual freaking racists who thought "conservative lean" meant "go back to Africa" was a shared sentiment. QUESTIONS about something to do with another culture or subculture within America doesn't get you banned here... Whereas that would get you yelled at, dogpiled and banned at Reset. You're just supposed to "know it already" (based on some shared screenshots). You HAVE TO VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO over there... You'd probably get banned if you said you don't vote. I don't have to worry about that here.

NG is the better place. Even for a Christian agnostic political commenter with a penchant for long windedness like me.

nush

Gold Member
Yes, because they are all coming back here. There has been a large influx of new accounts here the past 3 months

Theres a lot of normal people there that just stick to the gaming side and have got sick of the way Ree is managed. New accounts are fine, new accounts that bring SJW bullshit and just spam the report button are dealt with.

Resetera is more active and has a Steam thread. There are no reaction emojis but I still enjoy browsing it. Just stay out of anything politics or drama related.

I remembered my password. As a member of both I’d have to say GAF. Era at this point is right where gaf was before the craziness I mean all it consist of America sucks.... cops suck...... White people are racist...... Trump is at fault for everything...... I mean who enjoys being that unhappy and miserable all the time ? You can’t post if you have an opinion against the herd. It’s just negative over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom