• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which platform are you purchasing Borderlands 3 for?

Mega Man

I honestly do not know which platform to purchase this game for. This is clearly a game you want to play with friends. Unfortunately, I am in a bit of a bind and would be interested to hear which platform everyone is going to use, and why.

Personally, I have been an Xbox guy for the past 15 years. Needless to say, I am entrenched in the ecosystem and all of my friends play on that platform. This past year however, I built a PC for the first time and am really enjoying the upgrade in quality and gameplay (1070ti, i7 8700 non-K, 32 GB RAM). Mouse & keyboard has become my preferred way to play, and the framerate boost is great icing on the cake as well. I do have an Xbox One X, so I would imagine it will come close to pushing out similar quality.

Obviously the choice is clear for most games these days as I purchase them on PC. Unfortunately, for a looter shooter, I would really prefer to play with my buddies. It just isn't the same playing with auto-aim and sticks anymore (Let the PC master race jokes ensue!) though. I understand there is a good chance BL3 will begin implementing crossplay, but there is no guarantee. Is it worth the risk? I don't know...

Which platform are you all going to play BL3 on and why?

Thabass

I only played FPS games on PC, so it would be for PC. Though, I'm not getting it at launch. No, not because of the EGS partnership. Just not that high on my must play lists.

Caffeine

I bought it months ago with out really thinking on greenman gaming with discount down to $43. So I guess its the second actual epic game store game I purchased the first being beyond two souls for 10 bucks. the rest have been those free games they keep handing out.

scraz

I'm not saying don't get the game on PC but 2 was a complete shit show playing with randos that one shoted everything with cheats 3 days after it was released.

TacosNSalsa

I bought it months ago with out really thinking on greenman gaming with discount down to $43. So I guess its the second actual epic game store game I purchased the first being beyond two souls for 10 bucks. the rest have been those free games they keep handing out.
Same thing here . I actually had to cancel the preorder a couple of times because they kept sending me progerssively better coupon codes that were applicable to preorders . Ended up getting the super deluxe edition for like $70 and some change with no tax to boot.

nani17

are in a big trouble
giphy.gif

:messenger_winking_tongue:

DESTROYA

Skip for me, after not starting correctly after downloading ( pre-sequel ) it a couple months ago to try to finish the game couple weeks backing on new computer not flushing money down the drain not supporting this company anymore.
Wasted hours of my time and still would not start.

Dthomp

PS4 Pro, it's my main console of choice. I just finally got a new gaming PC but M/K is like a foreign language to me being an old man who hasn't M/K since Unreal Tournament :(

Kadayi

Banned
Maybe down the road on Steam. though a lot depends on how much interest my friends have in playing it. TBH I think the setting is 'meh' and the storyline was pretty forgettable, the only cool thing was the co-op.

Kawika

In 3 years, with all the DLC, on steam and even then... I am not even sure I will care.

I feel like BL1 was lightning in a bottle and 2 was just an okay follow up. That and all the EGS nonsense with F-Tons of DLC they want to release for it just makes me have 0 interest right now. I still feel bitter that I bought a Season Pass when 2 came out and I thought that came with all the DLC but I vaguely remember them having more dlc that wasn't in the SP (not just the cosmetic skins). Just left a bad taste in my mouth. As for consoles, I just not into playing FPS at 60 (or less) anymore. I am so used high refresh and g-sync on my PC.

Paltheos

PC- Steam specifically. All my friends are holding off until the exclusivity deal breaks, and I don't care enough about BL to play it single-player.

Mega Man

Kinda stuck on Xbox since thats where the friends I play it with will be, would rather get it on PC though.
The possibility of cross play post launch is the only thing holding me back from getting it on OneX. This is a must play with friends game imo. It would just be better with a m&k

T-Cake

I think if it was on Steam it would be a no-brainer for PC but I've decided to get it on PS4 Pro because I'll probably make use of the split-screen co-op when my nephews visit.

Mithos

Depends on where I can buy it without a virus* attached. (When the GoTY Edition release)
Denuvo

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Bought the Super Deluxe Edition for Xbox One X. I had a static group that played through all of BL2 and all DLC's. I have the presequel but that same group played before me and said it was shit so we will be a reunited fighting force on Xbox once again. Can't wait for tomorrow night.

Last edited:

Barakov

Gold Member
Either the X or the Pro. I'm waiting for impressions to see which of the enhanced consoles is best.

Doom85

I've got the Super Deluxe Edition pre-ordered for PS4, as that's the system I buy all my games for except for Switch exclusives (one exception was Starlink, no way was I missing that Star Fox content).

Top Bottom