• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which platform are you purchasing Borderlands 3 for?

ancelotti

I picked up the standard version on the EGS. I would have waited for the Steam version, but decided to grab it for $20 (regional pricing) when they had that bizarre sale a few months ago.

If they add cross play I could see myself buying DLC and coming back to the game once a while. If not, then I'll probably mainline the campaign with whoever gets matched up with me and just enjoy it for what it is.

Elginer

PS4 Pro but will get on Steam later to play with my PC friends. Not dealing with Epic launcher and my best PC bro won't either so it's all cool.

Vasto

Xbox One X

The only games I play on PC are Xbox Play Anywhere titles and games that are not on console like World Of Warcraft.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
If I was going to buy it I'd buy it on ps4.

But bl 1 and 2 bored my shitless, and I don't like the guy who runs gearbox as he sounds like an asshole a lot of times I won't buy it.
He doesn't sound like one he IS one.

Mass Shift

XB1X. My whole Borderlands friends list family is already on Xbox, and they're some of the best farmers and grinders of rare loot.

I've already convinced a few of my PS4 friends to come over. Especially the ones who say their X1 is only collecting dust.

Seeing so many people here waiting for the Steam release makes me feel guilty for getting it on EGS.

Unfortunately, my friends don't care about launcher wars.

nemiroff

Gold Member
I'm sorry to say, none, at least for now. I don't like Pitchford and I don't like Epic. And while I acknowledge the franchise is good quality wise ( I did atually "finish" both the first two games), Borderlands for some reason easily put me to sleep. I might grab it once it releases on Steam.

Double dipping on ps4 and x1x

X1x will be the better version and once crossplay is enabled there's no need to play on ps4 anymore

I have a few friends who are also jumping ship for cod

sendit

Seeing so many people here waiting for the Steam release makes me feel guilty for getting it on EGS.

Unfortunately, my friends don't care about launcher wars.

I believe you mean to say “fortunately your friends are logical”. Additionally, most people don’t care about getting the game on either Steam or Epic. Neogaf or any forum is not the status quo.

Mega Man

Neogaf or any forum is not the status quo.
You couldn't be more right. Gaf are clearly the "whales" or "elites." Many individuals on here really think through each purchase beyond, "I want, so I buy." Believe it or not, much of the mid to high tier games industry (Fortnite excluded) are driven by the opinions of the loud minority (Gaf). I appreciate the voting with your dollar mentality in all facets, but especially within the games industry where so much can be a potential a flash in the pan.

ookami

I will just wait for the final version (with updated reviews) and the price to drop around 40€ even if it means getting the game on Epic Store. There was a time where my friends and I cared about/used Steam features.
Nowadays we're just glad to have time to gather and play together.

Last edited:

Caffeine

this is gonna take awhile cause the downloads are always slow on this platform.
owXRyYW.png

mikemandey

Does Epic have regional pricing? It is widely advertised that the game will cost $60 but when I bought it directly on their store, they charged me only $45.

GymWolf

Nowhere, it looks like a dlc of bordelands 2 and the shooting still looks kinda mediocre for a game where you shoot 90% of the time.

Caffeine

my router went out thank god the download resumed epic game store is like playing russian roulette. I had a download completely restart once.

Last edited:

Freeman76

I really want it for X because I love the system, but my only friend who will buy it is on PS4 so unfortunately I will buy it on that.

Codes 208

On the X with my friends.

If I were to buy it on pc I wouldve bought it on EGS regardless of this stupid launcher war.

Ixiah

Banned
Steam, in 3 or 4 Years, after the Conplete Edition with 2 additional Characters, which weren´t included in the 2nd and 3rd Season Pass, are on a deep Sale.

Portman

I'll be getting it on the PC eventually. Already got enough other stuff releasing that's priority so it got sidelined until later or if any of my friends pick it up and we can group up since I recall them being a blast with friends.

Top Bottom