• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Playstation "exclusives" would you look forward to playing the most on PC?

Which Playstation "exclusives" are you most looking forward to playing on PC? (choose up to three)

• Horizon: Zero Dawn

Votes: 29 19.0%
  • God of War

Votes: 33 21.6%
  • Spiderman

Votes: 23 15.0%
  • Bloodborne

Votes: 75 49.0%
  • The Last of Us

Votes: 22 14.4%
  • Uncharted

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • Dreams

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Gravity Rush

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Gran Turismo

Votes: 16 10.5%
  • Shadow of the Colossus

Votes: 13 8.5%
  • Until Dawn

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Wipeout

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Astro Bot

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Ratchet & Clank

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Days Gone

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Knack

Votes: 15 9.8%

• Total voters

Kazza

There have been rumours about Sony exclusives getting PC ports for a while now, and while the latest one regarding HZD has yet to be confirmed, there is now way too much smoke for there not to be fire, and Sony seems in no rush to douse the flames. GAF's own confirmed industry insider, VFXVeteran VFXVeteran (who has been proven right before), has been predicting more Sony PC ports for some time, and it just makes sense that, if Sony are already willing to port one of their marquee titles in HZD, then there's no logical reason why the rest shouldn't follow.

Although I don't own a PS4 myself, I was lucky enough to get to play on my friends' console while house sitting for them (they have pets). They have a decent library of the big PS4 exclusives (or as we should now probably get used to saying, console exclusives), so I have already played GoW, HZD, Uncharted 2, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, and Spiderman. Unfortunately, HZD was by far the worst of the lot in my opinion, so today's "announcement" isn't incredibly exciting for me personally (but then again I'm really not a fan of massive open world games so I admit some bias there). The rest were a lot of fun.

If I had to pick three that I really want to come to PC it would be God of War, Astro Bot and Knack (just joking, my third choice would be Bloodborne). I only got around halfway through GoW due to lack of time, but I really enjoyed what I played and it would be even better at 60+ fps. Astro Bot is by all accounts a seminal VR platform game and I would love for it to come to PC VR (no one VR system is huge in terms of install base, so the games need to be kept platform-agnostic). As for Bloodborne, well I suspect that will be a popular choice, and hopefully a PC version can fix the stuttering many complained about in the PS4 version.

Gravity Rush deserves an honourable mention, as I think it is exactly the kind of game that could benefit most from Sony's new policy. Even it it only sells another 100k on PC, that may be enough in terms of extra sales to convince Sony to develop another sequel. I suspect the Switch might be a good fit for the game too, but there's no indication of Sony porting games to Nintendo consoles right now.

It's interesting to speculate which game would sell the most on PC, and whether or not any would beat Halo's sales figures (between 2-5 million according to Steamspy). I would guess GoW as the number one seller and think it would just pip Halo.

What say you, GAF?

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Honestly, it’s got to be bloodborne, but only because the original experience was so utterly dreadful visual quality and frame rate wise. Everything else there kind of holds up?

Which is a shame, because it’s also the least likely to ever get a port :(

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
Bloodborne’s the next shoe to drop. It’s been rumoured for years now and is the most exciting game on that list after God of War.

Last edited:

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Freedom Wars! :)
My biggest problem with that game was that I couldn't play with keyboard and mouse.

But man oh man, same deal with The Last of Us. The more Sony games I can play with keyboard and mouse, the better.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Bloodborne, Wipeout and Ratchet & Clank at 1440p 144hz is the fucking dream.

I sort of want to replay the original Resistance and maybe try the last one. Not interested in their cinematic games or platformers.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Ratchet and Clank is what console gaming is for me. I grew up with shooters and those kinda games on pc, and platformers on console,so it's kinda sad to see all these "pc games" on consoles, instead of more platformers that release defines consoles, at least back in the ps1 days.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I hear Wipeout VR is really good. Hopefully they would include the VR component in any port.

Easily one of the best PSVR experiences, yeah. Feels awesome being in one of those cockpits.

The Shift

Banned
I'd day one buy:

Bloodborne
Shadow of the Colossus

Add Ghosts of Tsushima to that poll and that would make three titles - if Sony does a Colony Wars reboot then add that on too.

alucard0712_rus

Gold Member
Bloodborne, Shadow of the Colossus (+Last Guardian) and Gran Turismo.

But realistically I think Gran Turismo will benefit greatly from going to PC and its have some chance.

Armorian

Banned
Bloodborne, Wipeout and Ratchet & Clank at 1440p 144hz is the fucking dream.

From engine is limited to 60fps so no 144Hz BB. Still, 60 fps with proper frame pacing and disabled CA would be a massive improvement.

Aion002

Dreams.

What some people already do in the Ps4 is amazing, I can't even imagine what they will do on PC!

daninthemix

My priorities would be the other open world games - so Spider Man and Days Gone. Not just for the 60fps, but mainly the option of mods and cheats, as I get tired of vanilla open world games long before the end, usually.

Horizon would be nice as I beat the first boss on console and it was an absolute pain doing it with a controller at 30 fps. The dialogue in the game is excellent.

God of War is #1 though.

Mato

I might be able to set aside some time for Bloodborne, but if I have to choose between this and Elden Ring I'll most likely go for the latter.

garballax

i've been holding on to the tiniest sliver of hope that Bloodborne could come to PC for what feels like forever... would love to be able to play it in its full glory. i tried giving it a shot on PSNow but the motion blur combined with the shit bitrate and dark visuals made it unplayable. easiest poll i've ever voted in, here's to hoping it happens.

Horizon. It looks fun but I don't know why I didn't buy it when I thought about it.

I do better playing on PC anyway, so this would be fun to try out.

Dontero

Banned
Already finished Bloodborne on PC.

Outside of that there isn't anything worthwhile on consoles anymore. 1st party exclusives are mostly hype from fanboys rather than good games. Best example of that is Horizon. IT is very weak RPG with barely interesting gameplay no one will remember it in 10 years.

Last edited:
Freedom Wars! :)
My biggest problem with that game was that I couldn't play with keyboard and mouse.

But man oh man, same deal with The Last of Us. The more Sony games I can play with keyboard and mouse, the better.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one that remembers this game. It was a lot of fun on the Vita, but it would greatly benefit from better IQ and consistent framerates. Also, with the huge PC userbase, the multiplayer will be way more alive.

OT

Bloodborne - That running on 60+ fps will make a huge difference

Gravity Rush - It has really good per-object motion blur and will benefit even more from a higher framerate.

Lanrutcon

That third person action game with RPG elements. It has some platforming and you can upgrade your character. It got really good scores.

Really looking forward to that one.

Fbh

Bloodborne because holy shit Bloodborne at 60fps would be awesome.

The Last Guardian.... because I played it on a base Ps4 so I haven't even played it at 30fps

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I voted for Gran Turismo because as great as those games look they always are compromised for console. I can't even imagine what Polyphony would do with a 2080TI and ray tracing.

GymWolf

Shit i forgot days gone.

60 fps rock solid instead of the shitty variable framerate of the console version.

Also, where is my knack option on that poll? :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Shit i forgot days gone.

60 fps rock solid instead of the shitty variable framerate of the console version.

Also, where is my knack option on that poll? :lollipop_grinning_sweat:
58fps locked with rtss in the 40-60hz freesync range is the new "60fps" for me at 4k :D This eliminates all tearing, microstutter and lowers the lag by a good half

Last edited:

GymWolf

58fps locked with rtss in the 40-60hz freesync range is the new "60fps" for me at 4k :D This eliminates all tearing and lowers the lag by a good half
I don't have a freesync monitor, i play on my 4k oled.

Is that trick good with no freesync monitor? I usually use rtss at 60frame and the vsync standard\less input lag mode from nvidia inspector or control panel, but depends what game i'm playing, sometimes rtss broke something or doesn't work properly.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I don't have a freesync monitor, i play on my 4k oled.

Is that trick good with no freesync monitor? I usually use rtss at 60frame and the vsync standard\less input lag mode from nvidia inspector or control panel, but depends what game i'm playing, sometimes rtss broke something or doesn't work properly.
No. This is only a good trick for freesync/gsync monitors. On Your oled, just play at 60hz with forced vsync but You can do some stuff to reduce lag:
-Limit RTSS to 60fps
-Enable triple buffering/borderless window

GymWolf

No. This is only a good trick for freesync/gsync monitors. On Your oled, just play at 60hz with forced vsync but You can do some stuff to reduce lag:
-Limit RTSS to 60fps
-Enable triple buffering/borderless window
I play at fullscreen.

Also if i don't have tearing, why putting triple buffer set to ON? Isn't another phase the game has to pass before giving you the input (so more input lag)?

Sorry for my english, i hope you understand what i'm saying with that "phase" stuff.

Fbh

We gonna have it for PS5.

Are we?

So far we don't know how backwards compatibility will work. Will it just run games the same way they worked on Ps4? Will there be some automatic enhancement? Will games need to be updated to get any sort of upgrade? Will Sony update Bloodborne when they didn't even bother patching it up for Ps4Pro?

Top Bottom