• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Playstation "exclusives" would you look forward to playing the most on PC?

Which Playstation "exclusives" are you most looking forward to playing on PC? (choose up to three)

• Horizon: Zero Dawn

Votes: 29 19.0%
  • God of War

Votes: 33 21.6%
  • Spiderman

Votes: 23 15.0%
  • Bloodborne

Votes: 75 49.0%
  • The Last of Us

Votes: 22 14.4%
  • Uncharted

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • Dreams

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Gravity Rush

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Gran Turismo

Votes: 16 10.5%
  • Shadow of the Colossus

Votes: 13 8.5%
  • Until Dawn

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Wipeout

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Astro Bot

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Ratchet & Clank

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Days Gone

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Knack

Votes: 15 9.8%

• Total voters

Stuart360

There was always 2 PS4 games i really wanted on PC, and we are getting one of them in HZD. The other one was Driveclub, and there is little chance of that happening which sucks.
Obviously i would try Bloodborne and Gran Turismo if they came. Tried GOW and a few other on PSNow and didnt like them.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Are we?

So far we don't know how backwards compatibility will work. Will it just run games the same way they worked on Ps4? Will there be some automatic enhancement? Will games need to be updated to get any sort of upgrade? Will Sony update Bloodborne when they didn't even bother patching it up for Ps4Pro?
at least will have it in ps5.

i want to believe that at least will be more FPS =)

Reactions: Fbh

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i would pay a stupid amount of money to get a PC version of Bloodborne.

it's a crime that it runs at max 30fps with shitty pacing at 720p and has to be played with a DS4. let me play that at 4K 60fps with an xbox one controller.

Last edited:

Paltheos

Honestly, it’s got to be bloodborne, but only because the original experience was so utterly dreadful visual quality and frame rate wise. Everything else there kind of holds up?

Which is a shame, because it’s also the least likely to ever get a port :(

Huh, that's surprising. I didn't think that at all. Like, obviously it wasn't as good as Dark Souls III on my PC, but I played Bloodborne on a vanilla PS4 and I thought it played fine.

iorek21

Voted for GOW and Bloodborne for the chance of some sweet 60fps.

Also voted for Ratchet and Clank, but I'm thinking about the original trilogy; that 2016 reboot was mediocre at best.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Played Bloodborne on PC using PS Now. It was a giant pain in the butt, the controller rarely even worked (I had to try starting the game 5-10 times to get it to run) Etc.

playing on PC is not all roses and the controller issue is one I have to face constantly. then there are games that just stop working. Like Dark Souls 2 I bought on Steam just didn’t work for 6+ months. one day a random update fixed it.

I bought a PS4 Pro last year and I love it, the convenience is so higher, the UI nicer, etc. if they want to start bringing things over to PC that’s fine, but it just took them too long for me. $250 could get u a decent laptop or a PS4 pro, play the games now or later

of course if they bring it to PC I will play that natively w visuals updated hell yeah.

Last edited:

Soodanim

God of War, Bloodborne and Spiderman are the only games I'd really have any interest in on PS4 so those would be incredible to have ports of.

Kacho

Gold Member
Bloodborne and Days Gone would be massive on PC

Id be interested in trying out TLOU with m&k. Never played it.

ZywyPL

Banned
The ones that are already technically great looking games, and could greatly benefit from 4K60, but at the dame time are actually a decent/good games - Horizon, GoW, & R&C.

GrayFoxPL

PC Gaf right now:

yxRSXgD.gif

This jumping the gun frenzy over HZD is hilarious.

Knack because it's forever. But if Sony will release some of their triple A first party productions I'm only interested if they release on or near the console release date. Don't want to wait a year or longer to play a good game.

dotnotbot

i would pay a stupid amount of money to get a PC version of Bloodborne.

it's a crime that it runs at max 30fps with shitty pacing at 720p and has to be played with a DS4. let me play that at 4K 60fps with an xbox one controller.

720p? It's native 1080p.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Gran Turismo on PC would be a game changer for me... I’d probably skip the ps5 even though I’ve been hyped for it for a while now.

Knightime_X

Bloodborne.
Already got the plat on ps4.

Not gonna lie.
I want to use cheats and run around with the canon and infinite ammo. Muaha

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I play at fullscreen.

Also if i don't have tearing, why putting triple buffer set to ON? Isn't another phase the game has to pass before giving you the input (so more input lag)?

Sorry for my english, i hope you understand what i'm saying with that "phase" stuff.
Triple buffering will reduce lag.
Forcing borderless fullscreen, also forces triple buffering and so it lowers lag

Holammer

I wouldn't mind PC ports of various PS3 games. Like Little Big Planet and the Killzone games.

Edit: there's plenty of interesting games that could enjoy a second wind on other platforms. Like this one.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Death Stranding. :messenger_sunglasses:

I've been curious about Bloodborne, but considering how I feel about the Souls and Souls-like series, it hasn't intrigued me enough. Again, love the art, the style, and the music that I've heard. I just don't think I care for the core gameplay.

I'd definitely say God of War or The Last of Us if I hadn't already played them.

Kazza

When can we have a thread about what we do with the lottery money we win

Because you have as much chance of winning the lottery as Playstation exclusives have of being ported to PC? In other threads, we had posters saying they would give away games, and even one who promised to livestream themselves eating shit, if the rumours of HZD ever coming to PC proved true. Maybe you'll like to make a similar wager, if the possibility is as unlikely as you imply?

Because you have as much chance of winning the lottery as Playstation exclusives have of being ported to PC? In other threads, we had posters saying they would give away games, and even one who promised to livestream themselves eating shit, if the rumours of HZD ever coming to PC proved true. Maybe you'll like to make a similar wager, if the possibility is as unlikely as you imply?

I didn't say I don't think HZD will cross over but this thread's poll seems to imply PC will get everything and that's just laughable. I'll wager Sony isn't stupid.

Reactions: CJY

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Horizon Zero Dawn is the ony Sony game I really liked, but I already played it twice before I traded my PS4 in on a 1X

Kazza

I didn't say I don't think HZD will cross over but this thread's poll seems to imply PC will get everything and that's just laughable. I'll wager Sony isn't stupid.

Not straight away, but I think there is a very good chance of most, if not all, of the games on that list coming to PC over the course of the next console generation (well, maybe not Knack). It would be really strange to release HZD and not others. Why would Sony open themselves up to all this butthurt from their, ahem, more hardcore fans just for the sake of making a little extra money on one single exclusive? The history of Sony exclusives being ported to PC have gone something like this:

Sony: Creates PS Now for PC
Fanboys: Well, that's just a streaming service, they'll never actually port a downloadable game to PC!
Sony: Detroit: Become Human and Death Stranding ports announced for PC
Fanboys: Well, those aren't core Sony franchises, the likes of HZD will never come to PC!
Sony: HZD heavily rumoured for PC
Fanboys: Well, HZD is just one game, they would never port their other games to PC! Besides, it's already over 2 years old, they would never release a newer game!
Sony:
giphy.gif

The direction of travel is obvious. I wouldn't be too surprised if we are getting day and date PC ports by the end of the PS5's lifecycle (although I think a short delay is more likely).

Last edited:

Bkdk

Assume they all come with very customizable options like moddability and developer console commands, I’ll pick horizon zero dawn, days gone and dreams. Open world games are the easiest and most fun to add mods to extent it’s playability. Graphically they benefit the most with superior PC hardware. For dreams, that game is meant to be on PC. It’s like a accessible game engine and with kb/m, PC UI, open for Users to improve its capability With more code is the way to unlock its true potential.

Last edited:
Not straight away, but I think there is a very good chance of most, if not all, of the games on that list coming to PC over the course of the next console generation (well, maybe not Knack). It would be really strange to release HZD and not others. Why would Sony open themselves up to all this butthurt from their, ahem, more hardcore fans just for the sake of making a little extra money on one single exclusive? The history of Sony exclusives being ported to PC have gone something like this:

Sony: Creates PS Now for PC
Fanboys: Well, that's just a streaming service, they'll never actually port a downloadable game to PC!
Sony: Detroit: Become Human and Death Stranding ports announced for PC
Fanboys: Well, those aren't core Sony franchises, the likes of HZD will never come to PC!
Sony: HZD heavily rumoured for PC
Fanboys: Well, HZD is just one game, they would never port their other games to PC! Besides, it's already over 2 years old, they would never release a newer game!
Sony:
giphy.gif

The direction of travel is obvious. I wouldn't be too surprised if we are getting day and date PC ports by the end of the PS5's lifecycle (although I think a short delay is more likely).

Day and date is kinda nuts, in a recent interview Sony reps said their exclusives were too precious to put out for PSNow day and date like Xbox does for Gamepass. The pattern or trend you created is sort of weird, is Kojima known for making exclusives? HZD would certainly be a big deal but why is the rumor just HZD, why not the entire Guerilla Games catalog? And core franchise... you mean like how I can play Crash Bandicoot and Spyro on PC now? These used to be Sony mascots they wanted Crash to be their Mario/Sonic, so it's not unheard of the problem I'm having is the idea being purported that it will begin to be day and date or that there will be a massive amount of games getting ported at once. I just don't see it, I don't see God of War being announced to come to PC in the next year. Maybe I'm wrong (as a PC gamer I'd be happy to be wrong) but the way Sony talks about their exclusives it doesn't feel right.

Kazza

Day and date is kinda nuts, in a recent interview Sony reps said their exclusives were too precious to put out for PSNow day and date like Xbox does for Gamepass. The pattern or trend you created is sort of weird, is Kojima known for making exclusives? HZD would certainly be a big deal but why is the rumor just HZD, why not the entire Guerilla Games catalog? And core franchise... you mean like how I can play Crash Bandicoot and Spyro on PC now? These used to be Sony mascots they wanted Crash to be their Mario/Sonic, so it's not unheard of the problem I'm having is the idea being purported that it will begin to be day and date or that there will be a massive amount of games getting ported at once. I just don't see it, I don't see God of War being announced to come to PC in the next year. Maybe I'm wrong (as a PC gamer I'd be happy to be wrong) but the way Sony talks about their exclusives it doesn't feel right.

I wouldn't like to give specific timescales, but HZD seems likely this year at least. Colin Moriaty expects an April release (although he is currently still on Sony's naughty list, so I don't think he has any insider information, despite having the biggest Playstation podcast):

Didn't Xbox start off porting relatively old titles, before creeping up to day one ports? Maybe even Sony themselves don't know right now. I'm guessing that GoW will be the third title after HZD and Dreams, either late this year or early next.

Kazza

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

@topic
Astro Bots is by far the most innovative PS4 game and i would love to see that an pc with good vr hardware.

Haha! I suspect that Sony happily let this news leak out to give time for all this fanboy shit to fully play itself out before the official announcement. That way most of the fanboys will have already moved onto the acceptance stage of grief, meaning Sony's social media feed will be mostly filled with happy PC gamers rather than irate Sony fans.

Sussoloc

Haha! I suspect that Sony happily let this news leak out to give time for all this fanboy shit to fully play itself out before the official announcement. That way most of the fanboys will have already moved onto the acceptance stage of grief, meaning Sony's social media feed will be mostly filled with happy PC gamers rather than irate Sony fans.

I have the feeling that in a few weeks most fanboys will like the idea of having Playstation games on PC. Remember 2013-2017 when the PS4 had more power? They counted every pixel, it was the most important thing in the world.

One X came and suddenly it was "Who cares about resolution, grapihics and fps? It's all about the games!"

Gargus

Banned
None.

I prefer to play games on the playstation on the playstation.

That way I can actually keep the game itself to play later, sell, or trade. Physical games are also less expensive than they will be on the pc in most cases. Playing them on my playstation is also simpler to do.

I love my pc for games that I can play on my consoles.

I'm surprised Bloodborne is winning by such a large margin. I watched most of the game and wasn't really impressed. Feels like if you played Dark Souls you've already played Bloodborne.

Ellery

Hmm good question. Mostly just for improved framerate and visuals and for some games I would love to use Mouse and Keyboard. Uncharted and TLOU would hugely benefit from that, but even though I have a good PC I don't really need any PS4 games on PC.
I would prefer having other games (mostly older) that are deadlocked on old consoles to come out for either PC or new consoles. Like Metal Gear Collection, Silent Hill 1,2,3,4, Resident Evil 1,2,3 and many more I can't be a***d to make the full list again in a playable fashion.

But if I had to pick PS4 exclusives for PC then I would say give me Uncharted and TLOU with perfect Mouse/Keyboard support and Bloodborne so I can enjoy it with a proper framerate and framepacing.

Kazza

Well, the first big Sony console exclusive has finally been officially announced:

HZD was the third on this list. If a first party title can come to PC, surely a From Software exclusive can't be far behind. So, which game will be announced next? I think the PC releases will be timed so as to promote PS5 sequels, so I'm putting my money on the remastered version of the original The Last of Us.

Top Bottom