• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which restaurant has the best side biscuits?

As far as a regular biscuit goes, gotta go with Cheddar Biscuits from Red Lobster. But the best biscuits are the breakfast biscuits from Carls Jr/Hardee's.

You got the bacon egg and cheese biscuit, the sausage egg an cheese biscuit, they've got speciality biscuits , and of course the GOAT....Biscuits and Gravy.

cHaotix8

The fact that both Red Lobster and Cracker Barrel serve endless biscuits free with your meal is one of the nations hidden treasures. Brings a tear to my eyes.

For fast food, gotta go with Popeye's. They're tops easily as long as they're fresh, though Church's and Whataburger aren't too far off.

For local spots in the DFW area, there's 2 spots: Whistle Britches and Babe's chicken. Both are better than any of the above options, easily.

Zukkoyaki

Red Lobster, Cracker Barrel and Popeyes as far as chains go.

Locally, there's a food truck in my area that specializes in amazing biscuits and biscuit sandwiches.

Twio

Well only one biscuit comes in chapstick form. We know who the winner is.

8Z8EX9a.jpg

That's fucking disgusting lololol

Sanjuro

Red Lobster, Cracker Barrel and Popeyes as far as chains go.

Locally, there's a food truck in my area that specializes in amazing biscuits and biscuit sandwiches.

Popeyes might have the worst biscuits of the bunch. Bojangles and even KFC would be preferable.

OG Popeye's Biscuits.

Don't know what they used to do (my guess is something with trans fat)
But they used to be extra buttery and soft .

Ultratech

No contest: Red Lobster

Pretty much. Nothing else can compare.

The fact that both Red Lobster and Cracker Barrel serve endless biscuits free with your meal is one of the nations hidden treasures. Brings a tear to my eyes.

For fast food, gotta go with Popeye's. They're tops easily as long as they're fresh, though Church's and Whataburger aren't too far off.

For local spots in the DFW area, there's 2 spots: Whistle Britches and Babe's chicken. Both are better than any of the above options, easily.

Popeye's...theirs are alright. Good, but alright.
Church's I haven't had in years, so I couldn't say and I've never had a Whataburger biscuit.)

Babe's is kinda hilarious since you could just get a Kid's Meal and then gorge yourself on endless sides (including big-ass biscuits).
I'd go there more often if their "regular" meal didn't cost me double what it would to go elsewhere (of course, they also give you enough food for like 2-3 people...).

Falchion

Red Lobster by far even though Texas Roadhouse's rolls with the honey butter spread are pretty damn good too.

Camwi

This thread is making me hungry.

Thankfully, the Endless Shrimp promotion should be coming up soon at Red Lobster.

Dali

Aren't Popeyes biscuits sweet? Or is that churches I'm thinking about? Either way it's red lobster the best, then hardees, then maybe chik-fil-a. Honey biscuits are the worst.

jbug617

Banned
KFC biscuits when fresh are good.
Popeyes biscuits remind me of Ritz crackers. Buttery and a little salt. Probably my fav.

None of the above? Do none of you live in the South? So many lovely places with amazing biscuits and you guys are naming Red Lobster and Church's. Come on now.

eagledare

Step 1: Order cracker barrel biscuits
Step 2: Order cracker barrel fried apples
Step 3: Eat fried apples
Step 4: Dip biscuits in fried apple residue

Congratulations, your mouth is now having sex with itself.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Step 1: Order cracker barrel biscuits
Step 2: Order cracker barrel fried apples
Step 3: Eat fried apples
Step 4: Dip biscuits in fried apple residue

Congratulations, your mouth is now having sex with itself.
This, or order Apple Butter with your biscuits. It's absolutely divine

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
It's kind of funny how snobbish GAF can be about food...but suddenly you can find yourself in a thread where everyone is praising Red Lobster. o_O

I mean, have you had their biscuits?

Also GAF's snobbishness about food is selectively weird. Like people will die defending the shit that Jack in the Box calls "tacos".

Top Bottom