• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whistleblowing coronavirus doctor at Wuhan hospital mysteriously vanishes

cryptoadam

Banned

A Chinese doctor who claimed her bosses tried to silence her early warnings about coronavirus appears to have disappeared — stirring fears that she was detained, according to new reports.

Ai Fen had pointed out cases of the illness to colleagues at Wuhan Central Hospital, eight of whom were reprimanded themselves, Radio Free Asia (RFA) reported.

The whereabouts of Ai, who is head of the emergency department, are now unknown, 60 Minutes Australia reported Monday.

“Just two weeks ago the head of Emergency at Wuhan Central hospital went public, saying authorities had stopped her and her colleagues from warning the world,” the outlet tweeted. “She has now disappeared, her whereabouts unknown.”

Soon after the program aired, Ai posted a cryptic message to her page on the Chinese social media site Weibo.

“A river. A bridge. A road. A clock chime,” read the post, coupled with a Wuhan cityscape photo.

Nearly two weeks earlier, she had posted, “Thank you for your care and love. I’m fine at the moment and I’m still working.”

And on Wednesday, she shared a post captioned, “Happy April Fools Day,” showing her wearing a lab coat and mask, apparently at work at the hospital.

But RFA reported that detainees in custody in China have been known to either update their own social media accounts under authorities’ orders, or police may do so after gaining access to their devices.

She's probably just playing some mahjong or something amrite guys? CCP would never cover up anything.

McHuj

do you feel dizzy at all? i got the rona a few weeks ago, and other than the fever i was just dizzy. it was weird. but after two days i was fine. just curious if anyone else experienced that

kind of. I would describe more like my brain being in a constant haze. It’s very difficult to concentrate

KrakenIPA

Maybe you are the most brutal regime in the history of the world.
<points at Cunth> worse than the Romans, this guy. He's the worst. Burning of the Library of Alexandria? Yeah, I won't even tell you what he wanted to do with it. He's the absolute worst!

Top Bottom