• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White Day, a Korean horror game (remake?), announced for PSVR

CS72bcZUEAAh9SS.jpg

The original version of this - presuming this is indeed a remake - can be downloaded for free from IndieDB, and it's pretty good at making you jump as is. Adding VR - and presumably far better graphics - to the mix sounds like a nightmare.

edit: screens from the SCEK thread

0DjwEVFl.png

nzgs95pl.png

QhNb1wLl.png

FJgj0rVl.png

Whiteday Screens from SCEK Conference

edit2:

OKAY, DUG AROUND THE INTERNET, AND HERE'S WHAT I HAVE FOUND:

-This is not PS4 exclusive, apparently it is also releasing on iOS/Android/PC
-This is actually an International release, so it will be releasing out of Korea. English version for the mobile versions is confirmed.
-Here's a conference showing for the game that also shows some gameplay from the first 10 minutes of the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IEFAPzW4hU
-The game releases in Korea in 2 weeks (November 19th).
-Will be an English dub for the Mobile release, and maybe others if it proves popular enough.
-The fucking limited edition of the PC version sold out super quickly, fuuuuck.
-Remake includes some new ghosts, as well as some of the scrapped ghosts that never made it to the original game.

raven777

The original was pretty great horror game.

Also there is a new remake coming out for mobile platform. I assume the VR version is based on the remake?

Kenai

Pleasant surprise indeed. White Day is one of the scariest games out there. It's really nice to see it again.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Can't say I ever saw this one coming back from the dead! One of those great little gems that never really got as big a foothold as it should have.

KyleCross

Despite its age, this was a fricken scary game from the play throughs I've seen over the years. Nuts it's getting a remake.

Got excited, then I saw PSVR. Probably not something I'll be getting, at least not for a long time. But it's a great idea and hope it works out.

hao chi

The original looked terrifying as is, especially on higher difficulties. Putting this on VR is just going for the jugular.

Dumb question, but are these VR games only going to be playable with PSVR? I don't plan on getting PSVR any time soon, if ever, but I'd still like to play White Day.

Endesu

Never would have seen this coming in a million years. First time WhiteDay might get a shot at crossing the waters and finding potential success in the west?

Super hyped. This is how you get me interested in new tech.

CupONoodos

Neo Member
Holy shit I couldn't even get passed 10 minutes in the game, but to have it in VR?! Sony better have a good warranty policy on these things cause there's going to be a lot of thrown headsets around the world.

Looking forward to getting this five years from now when there's literally more than one game worth getting a PSVR for.

Unless that Dangan demo actually amounts to something.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I am curious who got the licensing for it since the company that made WhiteDay went bankrupt years ago and the game got into the abandonware label in Korea... I wonder if that means the remake here is just renewing it, using that advantage, or what?

I also noticed that the trailer mostly showed CG(I think?) scenes of moments in the old game, but then at the end they teased with a scene of something that never happened in the original game, so I'm guessing there will be additions.

This is cool. They definitely will be fixing the bugs, since the original game had a lot of buggy stuff. The scariest ghost in the game was the one that can throw you out of bounds, making you have to exit the game and reload haha. It also crashed under some weird conditions, like dying at certain events. Looking forward to this.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Got excited, then I saw PSVR. Probably not something I'll be getting, at least not for a long time. But it's a great idea and hope it works out.

Yeah, I'm right there with ya. I'm just hopeful that with all these PSVR titles being announced it means they'll be ported over to the other VR solutions as well at some point or another.

Is this the same game from those Indonesian indies(I might be misremembering that) from a few years ago? Horror games could be something really special on VR if done right.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
For those who don't know WhiteDay, it's an old 2001 Korean PC horror game that was YEARS ahead of the ball in certain areas, it's a horror game where you're defenseless and a randomized janitor with jingling keys comes after you. However, other horrors lurk in the darkness.

The studio that made it went under years ago though, so I don't know who's making this. The game has been abandonware for some time.

Persona7

Banned
I am curious who got the licensing for it since the company that made WhiteDay went bankrupt years ago and the game got into the abandonware label in Korea... I wonder if that means the remake here is just renewing it, using that advantage, or what?

I also noticed that the trailer mostly showed CG(I think?) scenes of moments in the old game, but then at the end they teased with a scene of something that never happened in the original game, so I'm guessing there will be additions.
I saw "CG" on the website a few times but I can't read Korean so I don't know the context.

Top Bottom