• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White House meeting between Trump, Pelosi, and Schumer.

danielberg

Jun 20, 2018
Because he can't, because he can't get the votes, because it's a stupid idea and a dumb use of money. But it's Trump so he's used to spending money uselessly and having his dumb ass fanbase applaud him for it.
"fuck having borders, laws and shit we need the votes in the future- democrats"

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, you're totally right. It's not like he told them he would shut down the government if he didn't get his way like a senile old man throwing a temper tantrum.
He was elected because people who voted for him wanted tougher immigration and border control, he has the right to do so if his agenda (that the people voted for) is blocked.

You are only kidding yourself if you genuinely think Trump is a senile old man.

PS. you can multi-quote when you reply, it de-clutters the thread and makes it easier to read.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018

TekNav

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
"fuck having borders, laws and shit we need the votes in the future- democrats"
We had borders, laws, and shit for decades and centuries before the Republican party committed itself to racial nationalism.

If you think Democrats are going to help Trump build a monument for bed-wetting cowards, terrified of immigrants - you're in for a surprise.

monegames

Sep 26, 2014
We had borders, laws, and shit for decades and centuries before the Republican party committed itself to racial nationalism.

If you think Democrats are going to help Trump build a monument for bed-wetting cowards, terrified of immigrants - you're in for a surprise.
anything other than ad hominems to throw out? think you missed calling them all sexist and incels too.

TekNav

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
anything other than ad hominems to throw out? think you missed calling them all sexist and incels too.
I think you missed the part where the GOP's entire platform for 2018 was how a refugee caravan was going to destroy the country.

Not that I blame them. Your $2.5 trillion deficit-financed tax cuts for the rich failed to accomplish a thing, you proved that 8 years of whining didn't give you a single idea on how to improve the ACA, and God knows you can't talk about "law and order" anymore.

TekNav

Banned
Nov 27, 2018

Undocumented immigrants aren't a crisis. It's a fake talking point to motivate racists to the polls, and it works.

How many times has Trump talked about those refugees since the election?

Just wait until a few months before 2020. The GOP will start clutching their pearls about brown skinned people and 60 million cowards will fall in line.

Dev1lXYZ

Sep 1, 2017
then why hasn't it been built yet? They've had complete control for two years. Hint, it's because once a price is put on building the wall, it's not that popular.

Mid-thirty percent support is not popular. Just because republicans have control does not mean every idea that comes from a republican is favorable.

But, by all means, encourage Trump to push this direction!
He already has committed to shutting the government down to get the wall pushed through. Trump’s whole platform is based on it being built. Republican ideas > Democrat ideas right now.

PkunkFury

Jun 17, 2004
USA
He already has committed to shutting the government down to get the wall pushed through. Trump’s whole platform is based on it being built. Republican ideas > Democrat ideas right now.
Oh I understand that he's committed to shutting the government down, that was exactly my point.

Just because he's committed to doing it doesn't mean it's a good idea. But once again, keep encouraging him!

Last edited:

EscapeArtist

Banned
Dec 18, 2014
Midwest
So basically you're saying Trump is better because he's racist, you're a fucking idiot.

Last edited:

TekNav

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
On the grounds that he's a fucking moron and legitimately can't put together an actual sentence without screwing it up. Fuck you and fuck this website if you think that he is right in the mind. Ban me. Fucking idiot.
They're not worth it. Especially when it's so fucking easy to prove he's a senile moron.

Donald Trump said:
“Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.”
60 million people heard that and thought "that's the man I want running our nuclear weapon stockpile". That's the incredible part.

Last edited:

EscapeArtist

Banned
Dec 18, 2014
Midwest
They're not worth it. Especially when it's so fucking easy to prove he's a senile moron.
It's like arguing with a brick wall that is slightly racist, like what the fuck? He's clearly a moronic psychopath, but you have to stand by him to "pwn the libs". They're all fucking idiots. I hope I get banned so I can't contribute to this ignorant ass website anymore.

TekNav

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
It's like arguing with a brick wall that is slightly racist, like what the fuck? He's clearly a moronic psychopath, but you have to stand by him to "pwn the libs". They're all fucking idiots. I hope I get banned so I can't contribute to this ignorant ass website anymore.
You nailed it.

It's been years since I've met a conservative who has a single civic principle behind "making liberals mad".

Fuck the national deficit. Fuck Christian values. Fuck the law and law enforcement. Fuck the military and our veterans. Fuck farmers. Fuck manufacturing. Fuck being the leaders of the free world.

They'd let Trump shit in their mouth if they thought a liberal would have to smell their breath.

Nov 1, 2017
On the grounds that he's a fucking moron and legitimately can't put together an actual sentence without screwing it up. Fuck you and fuck this website if you think that he is right in the mind. Ban me. Fucking idiot.
I think you need to take a step back and reassess your priorities, this is an internet forum and there is no need to get so worked up.

I remember last time we engaged in debate you had a near melt down regarding Kavanaugh.

Life's too short my friend.

Wulfric

Nov 17, 2014
Wow, that was bad. You could tell how flustered Trump was in his seat. And Pence was sitting there like a department store mannequin. Not a peep from him.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Republican ideals that they've been unable to push through despite having control in all 3 branches of government for two years.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Feb 5, 2008
Wasn't Mexico paying for the wall? what happened? Trump promised voters the US wouldn't pay for it.

Nobody_Important

Gold Member
May 22, 2018
Wasn't Mexico paying for the wall? what happened? Trump promised voters the US wouldn't pay for it.
He also said that the Mueller investigation was a waste of time, that he would repeal Obamacare and that he would solve the debt problem.

I am beginning to think he might be a liar.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017
I just watched the entire thing, why are Pelosi and Schumer all of a sudden not for transparency in front of the press?

Say what you will about Trump but his conviction on this issue is very strong, most other politicians would have dropped it months ago.

Nobody_Important

Gold Member
May 22, 2018
I just watched the entire thing, why are Pelosi and Schumer all of a sudden not for transparency in front of the press?

Say what you will about Trump but his conviction on this issue is very strong, most other politicians would have dropped it months ago.

And to be fair....he doesn't.

Last edited:

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec

And to be fair....he doesn't.
Well, she is transparent, you can see right through that load of crap.

She had no reservations about mocking his manhood, but she didn't want to show the country a strong, Democratic congresswoman putting Trump in his place on live TV? The likeliest answer is she wouldn't be able to make her case without a prepared statement in front of her. Pelosi's not a strong debater.

Nobody_Important

Gold Member
May 22, 2018
Yeah she does come across as a bit of a coward.
If what she said there is true (I'm skeptical btw) I don't blame her. I wouldn't want anymore embarrassment from Trump if I could help it. The prestige and respect of the Presidency is already in shambles. Trump exposing how stupid he is yet again on national TV is something I would not want as an American Citizen. And I hate that shithead.

Schumer and Pelosi arguing the budget with him on his own would be like a school board arguing the lunch room budget with a 1st grader. Its not fair for one thing to prey upon the 1st graders ignorance and it would be bad form for the school board to be seen doing it.

Well, she is transparent, you can see right through that load of crap.

She had no reservations about mocking his manhood, but she didn't want to show the country a strong, Democratic congresswoman putting Trump in his place on live TV? The likeliest answer is she wouldn't be able to make her case without a prepared statement in front of her. Pelosi's not a strong debater.
I hate Nancy Pelosi. You will get no argument from me on her ineptitude as a leader. Yet somehow she has landed the job yet again. I would have rather seen almost anyone in her place.

Last edited:

Dude Abides

Apr 8, 2009

Probably because whenever Trump is on camera he has to act like an attention whore diva to stoke the emotions of his cult, which doesn’t help negotiations.

Urban Viking

Oct 21, 2012
I’m assuming Pelosi wanted to continue the meeting off-camera because of Trumps on-camera antics. Whenever a camera is present, he needs to be the center of attention and he turns into a TV show host.

They're not worth it. Especially when it's so fucking easy to prove he's a senile moron
Well, not sure if he’s senile, but there are certainly very strong signs of a lowered cognitive capacity.

Nov 1, 2017
I’m assuming Pelosi wanted to continue the meeting off-camera because of Trumps on-camera antics. Whenever a camera is present, he needs to be the center of attention and he turns into a TV show host.

Well, not sure if he’s senile, but there are certainly very strong signs of a lowered cognitive capacity.
More likely she wanted if off camera so she wouldn't be held accountable for her hypocritical comments in the future just like Schumer is now:

https://streamable.com/nbiil

One minute it's the Democrats calling Trump a Nazi because he calls the media fake news and the next it's the Democrats wanting closed door meetings away from the press.

Nobody_Important

Gold Member
May 22, 2018
More likely she wanted if off camera so she wouldn't be held accountable for her hypocritical comments in the future just like Schumer is now:

https://streamable.com/nbiil

One minute it's the Democrats calling Trump a Nazi because he calls the media fake news and the next it's the Democrats wanting closed door meetings away from the press.
I hate Pelosi as much as anyone, but her not wanting further embarrassment is a perfectly acceptable excuse to me.

As much as I hate Trump I would rather we maintain what little dignity we have left instead of allowing that idiot to go on a half cocked and half informed rampage on live TV.

120v

Mar 14, 2013
seems like there was general miscommunication all around about what this was. usually these things are peppered with light discussion, the cameras show everybody "working together", the cameras get their footage, leave and then the internecine stuff is for later. and i don't think it has anything to do with transparency you can't really hash out these kind of differences in ten minutes in realtime

Nov 1, 2017
I hate Pelosi as much as anyone, but her not wanting further embarrassment is a perfectly acceptable excuse to me.

As much as I hate Trump I would rather we maintain what little dignity we have left instead of allowing that idiot to go on a half cocked and half informed rampage on live TV.
Yeah that's fair enough, Trump had them right where he wanted them. If it went for much longer she or Schumer would have likely made a gaff and came off looking even worse than they already did.

Mar 18, 2018
Republican ideals that they've been unable to push through despite having control in all 3 branches of government for two years.
That is because neocons and neoliberal love their cheap labor and are clutching on to the possible decline of their power. Your very observation should clue you into the smoke and mirrors of both parties true intention. That is why people love Trump. He seems to not be bought and paid for. Ofc that could be a sham too.

Mar 18, 2018
You nailed it.

It's been years since I've met a conservative who has a single civic principle behind "making liberals mad".

Fuck the national deficit. Fuck Christian values. Fuck the law and law enforcement. Fuck the military and our veterans. Fuck farmers. Fuck manufacturing. Fuck being the leaders of the free world.

They'd let Trump shit in their mouth if they thought a liberal would have to smell their breath.
Absolute nonsense. Everything you said only puts your character into question not anyone else's.

Dev1lXYZ

Sep 1, 2017
With each passing comment, you cement my points. Schumer and Pelosi both looked like the slime balls they are yesterday. Trump needs to have all meetings with Democrats in front of the cameras from now on.

Dev1lXYZ

Sep 1, 2017
The party was in flux due waiting for restructuring under Trump. Many there were part of the never Trump swamp career politicians that didn’t seek re-election in the latest midterms. They were no different than your average Democrat and chose to tuck tail and run one they saw that they would be put to task.

TekNav

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
The party was in flux due waiting for restructuring under Trump. Many there were part of the never Trump swamp career politicians that didn’t seek re-election in the latest midterms. They were no different than your average Democrat and chose to tuck tail and run one they saw that they would be put to task.
You anti-intellectuals spent 8 years whining and bitching about how the ACA was a disaster and that there was no point working with Democrats to improve it because only Republicans were smart enough to fix it, only to reveal that you had no ideas, and the few you could scrape up from whatever "think tanks" you guys have left, was so unpopular that you couldn't even get Republicans on board.

That's not even going into your $2.5 trillion deficit-financed tax cuts for the rich. Tax cuts whose only accomplishment was ending the 2nd strongest bull market in US history and skyrocketing the deficit back over $1 trillion and, according to the CBO, soon to be reaching $2 trillion.

I'd call your tariff war a fucking joke, but unlike conservatives - I actually care about the farmers and manufacturing workers you're fucking over.

You've accomplished literally NOTHING in the last two years but pass unconstitutional executive orders that get thrown out by the dozens by the courts on the basis of racism as evidenced by your Golden Idol's own fucking tweets.

Oh, wait! My bad! You did accomplish something. You "made liberals mad". No wonder you're satisfied.

Last edited:

Dev1lXYZ

Sep 1, 2017
You nailed it.

I’m going to make this brief. Your assement is completely wrong and exactly the opposite of what modern conservative values are. Trump isn’t a conservative although he does have some polices that conservative voters like.

TekNav

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Nice job dodging your litany of failures. I would too, were I in your place.

I’m going to make this brief. Your assement is completely wrong and exactly the opposite of what modern conservative values are. Trump isn’t a conservative although he does have some polices that conservative voters like.
90% of conservatives support the job Trump is doing.

He's your ideological, intellectual, and moral leader.

If you want to disprove it, name me ONE conservative leader more popular than Trump.

Last edited:

Dev1lXYZ

Sep 1, 2017
You anti-intellectuals spent 8 years whining and bitching about how the ACA was a disaster and that there was no point working with Democrats to improve it because only Republicans were smart enough to fix it, only to reveal that you had no ideas, and the few you could scrape up from whatever "think tanks" you guys have left, was so unpopular that you couldn't even get Republicans on board.

That's not even going into your $2.5 trillion deficit-financed tax cuts for the rich. Tax cuts whose only accomplishment was ending the 2nd strongest bull market in US history and skyrocketing the deficit back over $1 trillion and, according to the CBO, soon to be reaching $2 trillion.

I'd call your tariff war a fucking joke, but unlike conservatives - I actually care about the farmers and manufacturing workers you're fucking over.

You've accomplished literally NOTHING in the last two years but pass unconstitutional executive orders that get thrown out by the dozens by the courts on the basis of racism as evidenced by your Golden Idol's own fucking tweets.

Oh, wait! My bad! You did accomplish something. You "made liberals mad". No wonder you're satisfied.
The ACA is a disaster that Republicans wanted to repeal but didn’t have the votes. There is no fixing that Obama owned disaster. The Democrats didn’t seem to mind the national deficit under Obama, either- so why are you worried about it now. That argument is a few years too late. China lost the tariff war and brought Xi to the negotiating table. The courts of the ninth circuit got their asses handed to them by the Supreme Court, I guess you missed that and the racism card is played out. Next!

Keylime

Spoiler Tag Abuser
Staff Member
Sep 10, 2018
Let me just jump in here and say that you can't paint entire groups of people with a broad brush and expect to have your opinion respected.

"ALL XXX ARE YYY!!!!" is not a valid point to make when you're addressing specific people on these boards. You are speaking with individuals here. People have their individual histories, points of view, perspectives...etc.

It would be extremely easy to create caricatures of both the left and the right in the US. It would be very easy for us to just assume everyone in the world fits into two buckets. But that is far from the case. I think Americans forget that when you're voting in the general election...despite the fact that there are essentially two levers you can pull...does not mean everyone who pulls one over the other is exactly the same person.

There was no candidate for me in this last election, but I still pulled the lever for one of them. Does that automatically change everything I think and feel, personally, about issues? How I conduct myself? No.

So before more people here get themselves so worked up fighting imaginary demons or enemies of the state...try and remember that just because someone doesn't think EXACTLY like you, does not mean they are idiots. Does not mean they are blind.

If members here continue to behave this way, than they will not exist long on this site.

The moment you feel compelled to take a shot at another user on the board for expressing their opinion or asking a question you didn't like, is the moment you already lost.

Calm the fuck down, people!

:messenger_heart:

Dev1lXYZ

Sep 1, 2017
Nice job dodging your litany of failures. I would too, were I in your place.

90% of conservatives support the job Trump is doing.

He's your ideological, intellectual, and moral leader.

If you want to disprove it, name me ONE conservative leader more popular than Trump.
The statement you quoted is my response.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Dec 5, 2008
www.twitch.tv

It was more about knowing that while Cameras were in there they knew that Trump would do nothing but grandstand and "show-off" for the cameras and attention. At least that's my read on it.

Trump was putting on a performance to see how it would play which will determine how he'll move forward.

TekNav

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
It was more about knowing that while Cameras were in there they knew that Trump would do nothing but grandstand and "show-off" for the cameras and attention. At least that's my read on it.

Trump was putting on a performance to see how it would play which will determine how he'll move forward.
Pelosi and Schumer had no intention of funding an ineffectual monument to white-trash cowardice which a majority of the nation opposes.

They will get Trump on camera any chance they can get because they know he's an incompetent boob with an authoritarian mindset. Still, I don't think even they thought they could get Trump to announce that he wants a government shutdown and that he'd gladly welcome it.

Can you imagine the fallout if Obama had said something like that? Impeachment trials would already be underway.

lil puff

Dec 1, 2017
I don't know how anyone watches that and comes off thinking Trump looked good.
But we all have our own perspectives and lens.

I think the Dems need to just come up with a damn comprehensive plan for immigration reform. If they don't want the wall, then what the fuck do you want? Why are they so scared to discuss this is any specifics, allows GOP to keep toting the "Open Border" false argument.

Most times, you hear this asked to a Dem, it's never really an answer anyone can sink their teeth into. I want a bullet point list of their plans. And you do have some Dems who go too far and do want to ignore all illegal immigration laws. I don't think it's a good approach and shocked they have not figured out that this turns moderates away.

Bolivar687

Jun 13, 2014
USA

^ this is why I'm not a Democrat anymore.

TekNav

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
I think the Dems need to just come up with a damn comprehensive plan for immigration reform. If they don't want the wall, then what the fuck do you want? Why are they so scared to discuss this is any specifics, allows GOP to keep toting the "Open Border" false argument.
They're not scared. They talk about it all the damn time. Most of the issues they talk about, like cracking down on employers and reforming INS to clear backlogs have been a part of their official platform for over 15 years.

Democrats approach undocumented immigrants the same way we approach every other economic-based issue: from the perspective of demand. Crack down on employers hiring undocumented immigrants, promote stable governments in South/Central America, establish mutually beneficial trade agreements, and subsidize contraceptives.

Republicans approach undocumented immigrants the same way they approach every other economic-based issue: from the perspective of supply. Ignore the problem until it's right in front of you, then shoot it with tear gas, abduct their children, and shove them in caged concentration camps.

It's not Democrats fault that conservative voters aren't exposed to the actual positions of Democrats, nor is it Democrats responsibility to crack the right-wing misinformation bubbles. If they want to invent fantastical strawmen and have delusional debates against those strawmen - that's their fucking problem.

And you do have some Dems who go too far and do want to ignore all illegal immigration laws. I don't think it's a good approach and shocked they have not figured out that this turns moderates away.
Can you provide me to a link to a Democratic senator or representative who has argued that we should ignore all immigration laws? Because that sounds suspiciously like another delusional strawman.

^ this is why I'm not a Democrat anymore.
Lack of principles, got it.

ssolitare

Manbaby: The Member
Jan 12, 2009
I don't know how anyone watches that and comes off thinking Trump looked good.
But we all have our own perspectives and lens.

Most times, you hear this asked to a Dem, it's never really an answer anyone can sink their teeth into. I want a bullet point list of their plans. And you do have some Dems who go too far and do want to ignore all illegal immigration laws. I don't think it's a good approach and shocked they have not figured out that this turns moderates away.
The Democrats don't feel one way in unison, there is a lot of conflict and divide.

Dreamers was a start, expand on that and people with temporary status.

Good reading too:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/10/10/magazine/the-democrats-have-an-immigration-problem.amp.html

TekNav

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
I'm still curious what point Schumer was attempting to make with this statement:
North Dakota is an R+17 state, and Indiana is an R+9.

It would be like a Democratic President bragging that he won Hawaii (D+18) and Rhode Island (D+10).