• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White Knight Story (PS3) new? screens

Doc Evils

joey_z said:
Given the time this title has had you'd think it would look much better in the graphics department. Lost Odyssey>White Knight Story

Sorry this is a next gen JRPG, you know real time battles and one disc.

Splatt

20080628103842821.jpg

"Titties!" :D

Desi said:
I hope they did some more work on the hit detection. In the TGS gameplay the party sometimes didn't even make contact with the enemy (a good foot and a half away) but it still cleared as a hit.

That bothered me quite a bit as well..
The slow janky combat in general left a bad taste in my moth when it was last demo'ed.

However, that was last year..I'm sure it's more tightened up by now, if not by the time it releases.

PROOP

FREAKING OUT MAN
watkinzez said:
180px-Grint.weaseley.jpg

I think I'm going to irrationally hate that character.

First thing I thought.

That said, I can&t wait to play this game. The battle system gives me a Vagrant Story vibe, which is a good thing.

Tailzo

The video makes me think the game could be a nice co-op game. The other characters are AI controlled, right?

vpance

The characters look generic because you can customize their look, no? That guy is like default anime boy template #1.

gantz85

Banned
vpance said:
The characters look generic because you can customize their look, no? That guy is like default anime boy template #1.

There are FMVs in the game so you can't customize the main characters' looks.

I don't care so much about the generic look though; no one complains about bald space marines and Gears of Wars as being "generic". What's more important is the gameplay, the music, the set-pieces and the journey in general.

Zoe

vpance said:

No, you can only customize your avatar who is a support character. The rest are locked in.

Dragon

Banned
joey_z said:
Given the time this title has had you'd think it would look much better in the graphics department. Lost Odyssey>White Knight Story

Well it can't possibly equal 15 fps can it? I mean that's where Lost Odyssey shines. Or maybe it's the 10 second loading between each battle.

soldat7

joey_z said:

I'm gonna have to agree with you on this one. White Knight Story looks incredibly generic (like Last Remnant or Infinite Undiscovery). Then again, it's very tough judging a game by screens alone.

Falch said:
I came across some early artwork, does anyone have this picture in high res?

white-knight-story-20070124043816694.jpg

Wow. THIS is much better...

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
do you guys think the english subtitles will be in the japanese version? or is that just for the trailer?

Mamesj

Banned
zoukka said:
It's not the overall art-style or the clothes. Theyre fine. It's the faces that creep the shit out of me...

20080628103842265.jpg

what...the eyes not big enough? Not enough zippers, shades, and spiky hair? That guy is actually one of the more decent looking jrpg characters in recent memory because he looks more normal and not inspired by runway fashion.

Darkpen

Banned
fortified_concept said:
It's amazing you managed to spot a downgrade from these tiny screens. So tell me which elements of the game got downgraded? Faces have the exact same geometry and texturing btw.
tell me: why is it that the faces in the original target "render" look so much freaking better than the ones in these new shots? Are you going to tell me that the faces still look the same? Still FEEL the same?

stotch

Banned
Isn't the main character's face customizable? I'm excited for the game. Looks like there's a lot of cool stuff in it.

Mamesj

Banned
Darkpen said:
tell me: why is it that the faces in the original target "render" look so much freaking better than the ones in these new shots? Are you going to tell me that the faces still look the same? Still FEEL the same?

The lighting. One is a dusky close up with his head turned slightly, the other is further away with a bright light source right in front of the front-facing character. They are exactly the same.

Paznos

I think a lot of the new RPG's coming out have generic character models, except for Tales of Vesperia, every other game seems pretty generic.

zoukka

Mamesj said:
what...the eyes not big enough? Not enough zippers, shades, and spiky hair? That guy is actually one of the more decent looking jrpg characters in recent memory because he looks more normal and not inspired by runway fashion.

I hate Nomura. Just to make things clear here.

The graphics really of no concern to me because I know those will be fantastic.

I'm not too taken in by the character design because they don't look all that cool or if they aren't going to look cool they should stand out a bit more and not come off as characters that should be NPC. They look a bit too ordinary. I wonder if the main character still runs like a girl? :lol

Other than that I'm really looking forward to this game.

The one area where I need to see more is in the battle system. Last time they showed it it didn't look so hot. I'm pretty much in the same boat with Infinite Undiscovery's battle system. Need to see more of that as well.

I agree Murphy. Nobody should be doubting this game's graphics at all. It looks fantastic.

Jeez, the character designs took a turn for the horrible.

That boy main character's new face looks like an inbred hick. And then that freaky Frodo Baggins/Moogle rip-off.

Just, ugh. PS3 am cry.

boys shouldn't have ponytails.

Sagi disagrees.

Top Bottom