White males are recieve minority status at colleges.

PKM

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2017
We did it!!!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/12/09/universities-launch-drive-recruit-white-males-low-numbers-give/amp/

Universities are setting targets to recruit more white male students after low numbers meant they are now classed a “minority group”.

Essex and Aston Universities have become Britain’s first non-elite institutions to write the target into their official recruitment plans, putting white males on a par with Black students and women engineers.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Men -- of all races -- have lower graduation rates and lower grades on average.

Girls caught up. It's time to focus on the boys again. They're suffering in our educational system.

ssolitare

Manbaby: The Member
Jan 12, 2009
This is just more diversity for diversities sake.

Last edited:

zelo-ca

Jan 26, 2018
Why is society obliged to cater school to people not biologically suited to it?
Why are STEM fields obliged to cater their workplace to people (females) that are not biologically suited to it?

Shit swings both ways my man.

Dunki

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2017
Why is society obliged to cater school to people not biologically suited to it?
Why does the education system carter to girls/women with tons of programs esspecially in STEM fields while boys are getting totally ignored?
Todays education system is build for women and this is a problem. How about we find a middle way. Less uneducated males maybe also lead to less suicides as well.

Stop being sexinst

ssolitare

Jan 12, 2009
Why are STEM fields obliged to cater their workplace to people (females) that are not biologically suited to it?

Because companies don't wanna be out-competed simply because their boys arent too good at working with people different than them. The world today is ultra competitive.

Last edited:

嫩翼

so it's not nice
Apr 2, 2013
香港
I believe, first off, that the title of the thread (and the video, no less) are disingenuous as it is relatively misleading, and those who do not watch the video will be properly uninformed and inevitably turn this into a political issue. One has to consider if there were initial political undertones meant to bring the wrong kind of attention to the present issue.

*Speaking strictly about non-trade programs and studies*

There are a plethora of multi-faceted issues being pooled into one conclusion here. According to the documents referenced, the colleges, with statistical evidence in hand, note that as a result of poorer attendance/graduation rates/motivation, they will provide white (working class, in Oxford's case) men with benefits to promote higher numbers.

When class (often referenced) is a player in this discussion, it becomes an issue about ROI so there are clear connections there. Up until now, many programs have helped ethnic minorities (which were also representational minorities) become more represented in University and college classes, and this has been the result.

In the case of men being placed at the top jobs more often, I believe that is a different issue closer to discriminatory practices (if statistically, there are more qualified women per man for the same job). As Tim says in the video, it is more than calling the issue "oppression."

So, a "minority group?" Sure, in terms of representation...

Dude Abides

Apr 8, 2009

Agreed. Neither should.

Because school is a social construct. Biology isn't. We can adjust school to meet the needs of the students since that's the purpose of school.
Most decent jobs in the modern workforce require the ability to sit quietly and absorb information. Plenty of men and boys have excelled in it. If some untalented boys can’t deal with that, we’ll, life’s not fair. There’s no need to redo the entire time-tested method of schooling to satisfy SJW faddish bleating about equality.

Last edited:

Dunki

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2017
It cannot be so bad though, considering men came up with the university systems...
Which also has drastically changed in the last decades. Women are outpacing men n education since 25 years.

PKM

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2017
My opinion..

Boys should be separated from learning with girls around 12.
Puberty, and testosterone, creates a 'I wanna be alpha' mentality (that exist in solely boy groups but is exasperated with females around) This is how you get class clowns, bad boys etc..

Also, reduction of 'stuck in a room' learning.
Boys need to be outside more, physical interaction, classes outdoors, hands on etc..

Its HARD to be a 13, 14, 15, year old boy hopped up on your body now producing testosterone at a high rate. Wanting to move, noticing girls etc..

Why most boys 'give up' on school around 8th grade.

Last edited:

Dunki

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2017
Most decent jobs in the modern workforce requires the ability to sit quietly and absorb information. If some boys can’t deal with that, we’ll, life’s not fair. There’s no need to redo the entire time-tested method of schooling to satisfy SJW faddish bleating about equality.
HOLY SHIT

Boys are being in a huge disadvantages when schools have become more feministic. Also it might be a HUGe problem that most teacher today are women. boys need a way to get rid of their energy through more sport activities, maybe some rough play which today means suspension. You can not even bring a super hero figure to some school because they represent violence. And playing swords with RULERs? Suspension.

Again how about we find a middle way instead of drifting into sexism on either side?

PS: Your argument would be. "Most black people do not go to college. So why should colleges carter to them? Maybe they are just too stupid."

And yes this is the same argument you try to spin here.

It being a biological issue is hard to prove. I'd assume that men would not come up with a system for themselves that they have significant issues adhering to.
No it is not. ts called testosterone

Last edited:

llien

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2017
It cannot be so bad though, considering men came up with the university systems...
After testing new medicine on mice then dogs then monkeys, we test it... you guess it, on men. A system designed by men.
Assumption that men in power who created systems cared about men as a group, which is so apparently wrong, it hurts.

Men -- of all races -- have lower graduation rates and lower grades on average.
Since decades ago.
And there is a book about it, written by a feminist mother of two, you guess it, boys.

Most decent jobs in the modern workforce require the ability to sit quietly and absorb information.
I love the "perhaps boys are not as smart" twist.

Yoshi

Gold Member
May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
After testing new medicine on mice then dogs then monkeys, we test it... you guess it, on men. A system designed by men.
Assumption that men in power who created systems cared about men as a group, which is so apparently wrong, it hurts.
That's great for men actually. Not for the testers involved, but knowledge about averse reactions and dosage is gathered based on the male physiology, so if you are dependent on the medicine (and not a test subject), then it is great for you to be a man rather than a woman here.

BANGS

Banned
Dec 13, 2016
Most prisoners are black. Maybe they are just criminals. Facts do not care about your feelings.
Yes, he's parroting right wing talking points out of context. Did you really just figure that out? He's been doing it since post #3. My dear god you guys are too easily trolled...

Last edited:

PKM

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2017
As far as IQ..

Men are dumber then women.

But the highest IQ's belong to men.

Women tend to hover right in the middle, not many super smart or terribly dumb ones.
Men on the other hand exist at both ends of the IQ spectrum. We have the dumbest and smartest.

Last edited:

ssolitare

Jan 12, 2009
Really dude, that was priceless trolling? I mean, it was plain as day to see, but you think that is some top tier shit?

Come on, you have better taste than that.
I'd say the same thing if it didn't work. It shouldn't have worked, but here we are.

Dunki

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2017
Yes, he's parroting right wing talking points out of context. Did you really just figure that out? He's been doing it since post #3. My dear god you guys are too easily trolled...
The problem is that there are actually people thinking like that. Era *hust*

How should I know in this crazy world whats is serious and what is not?

BANGS

Banned
Dec 13, 2016
How should I know in this crazy world whats is serious and what is not?
Too many people on the internet struggle with this. People from my era don't seem to have this problem, we grew up with the internet, but younger people seem to take it way too seriously at all times to the point where they can't even detect sarcasm without it being tagged...

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Agreed. Neither should.

Most decent jobs in the modern workforce require the ability to sit quietly and absorb information. Plenty of men and boys have excelled in it. If some untalented boys can’t deal with that, we’ll, life’s not fair. There’s no need to redo the entire time-tested method of schooling to satisfy SJW faddish bleating about equality.
THe workforce is broad. However, you're making the mistake of believing that schools are merely there to prepare children for the workforce.

It being a biological issue is hard to prove. I'd assume that men would not come up with a system for themselves that they have significant issues adhering to.
You can assume all you want, but that doesn't reflect reality. Both men and women have had a hand in shaping our modern system. One of the core premises is that knowledge itself doesn't care about your sex. But teaching and learning between boys and girls is demonstrably different. The classroom should be shaped accordingly.

Dunki

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2017
Too many people on the internet struggle with this. People from my era don't seem to have this problem, we grew up with the internet, but younger people seem to take it way too seriously at all times to the point where they can't even detect sarcasm without it being tagged...
I am also old. But giving the new world and shit I have seen these days. I lost this ability.

Sqorin Hammerfarf

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2018
Men are dumber then women.

But the highest IQ's belong to men.

Women tend to hover right in the middle, not many super smart or terribly dumb ones.
Men on the other hand exist at both ends of the IQ spectrum. We have the dumbest and smartest.
Men are dumber, but are also the smartest? Women are smarter, but not super smart and hover right in the middle of the IQ spectrum? This post has more contradictions that a Phoenix Wright testimony.

I think I know what you are going for, but seems like you got tangled up a bit. Personally, I like to go with something simple and pithy, like "boys more often rule, and boys more often drool, but when talking about girls, the normalized distribution curve of IQ is more evenly distributed around the center, and also there's no P in my OOL (let's keep it that way)".

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
Maybe we need to stop making colleges and universities the end all be all of vocational training? Not all men are suited for college, but they may be suited for a trade school or apprenticeship. So many jobs these days would be better suited by on the job training over a useless 4 year degree and the debt it racks up.

Yoshi

Gold Member
May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
You can assume all you want, but that doesn't reflect reality. Both men and women have had a hand in shaping our modern system. One of the core premises is that knowledge itself doesn't care about your sex. But teaching and learning between boys and girls is demonstrably different. The classroom should be shaped accordingly.
For school I have no issue with this, for university, we are talking adults here, who should be able to control their urges and focus on their studies.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
For school I have no issue with this, for university, we are talking adults here, who should be able to control their urges and focus on their studies.
Since there are biological differences in learning, then it's even more important that those differences be acknowledged and leveraged to provide a superior educational experience for the paying students (or the taxpayers, in the case of countries where university-level education is offered by the State).

This "tough shit, deal with it" dismissive attitude wasn't acceptable when it excluded women and minorities. Why is it acceptable when white men are excluded? Oh, because "men came up with the university systems" it is acceptable that subsequent generations must suffer a disadvantage, merely because they happen to share the sex and skincolor of people from hundreds of years ago.

Makes perfect sense.

Yoshi

Gold Member
May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
Since there are biological differences in learning, then it's even more important that those differences be acknowledged and leveraged to provide a superior educational experience for the paying students (or the taxpayers, in the case of countries where university-level education is offered by the State).

This "tough shit, deal with it" dismissive attitude wasn't acceptable when it excluded women and minorities. Why is it acceptable when white men are excluded? Oh, because "men came up with the university systems" it is acceptable that subsequent generations must suffer a disadvantage, merely because they happen to share the sex and skincolor of people from hundreds of years ago.

Makes perfect sense.
It depends on what the issue is. If people cannot sit still in a room, then this is an issue that will persist, because how do you suppose research is going to work? At least for theoretical subjects, having the ability to sit still and focus is pretty important. Things like using different media to present information in ways that different people can grasp them most easily is of course fine, but we certainly don't need 10 minutes "sports breaks" for lectures.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
It depends on what the issue is. If people cannot sit still in a room, then this is an issue that will persist, because how do you suppose research is going to work? At least for theoretical subjects, having the ability to sit still and focus is pretty important. Things like using different media to present information in ways that different people can grasp them most easily is of course fine, but we certainly don't need 10 minutes "sports breaks" for lectures.
Do you believe the systemic issue of lower grades and lower graduation rates among males is because people "cannot sit still"?

Maybe black people should "stop being criminals" to reduce the crime rate of their demographic. :messenger_grimmacing_:messenger_ok:

Gander

Banned
May 17, 2018
I'll tell you one big change, before 9/11 people literally joined the the military to pay for school through the G.I. Bill. Now that we are mired down in these conflicts nobody in their right mind is joining the military for that anymore.

ssolitare

Jan 12, 2009
I'll tell you one big change, before 9/11 people literally joined the the military to pay for school through the G.I. Bill. Now that we are mired down in these conflicts nobody in their right mind is joining the military for that anymore.
Unless you score high on the tests.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
A lot of guys I knew while I was in joined precisely for the opportunities the military entails, mostly the GI Bill. If it wasn't for the GI Bill or loan forgiveness I'd wager we would have a constant crisis of never having enough military personnel.
Unless you score high on the tests.
?

Yoshi

Gold Member
May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
Do you believe the systemic issue of lower grades and lower graduation rates among males is because people "cannot sit still"?

Maybe black people should "stop being criminals" to reduce the crime rate of their demographic. :messenger_grimmacing_:messenger_ok:
I think it is an issue with discipline and testosterone not being good friends. But that's in inherent problem of males, not a systematic discrimination.

danielberg

Jun 20, 2018
They are deliberately disadvantaged, have been for years and you know it so spare anyone your dumb act its really eye rolling dude you really are not as smart or subtle as you think you are.

Last edited: