White school children are taken to a Mosque & made to repeat the phrase 'Allahu Akbar' over and over.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
I would need to read more to see if there's a missing context, but on the face of it this is the same kind of stuff that fundamentalist Christians also pull in schools (like forcing a creationism class sponsored by a particular denomination, or protesting against evolution being taught).

This is condemnable. Don't leverage the state to preach your religion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryujin

Havoc2049

Mar 30, 2011
Southern California
It must be an all boys private school. Most single gender schools in the west are Catholic. So I guess there is no violation of separation of church and state.

Edit:
Oh wait...just saw a few girls in the back at the end of the video.

Do we know if it is a private or public school?

Last edited:

12Goblins

Mar 1, 2017
more fear mongering garbage. perhaps some context could be provided?

If anything, this shows the strengths of western civilization - presumably this is a video of kids learning about other religions and being exposed to different points of views. So that they not grow old and become afraid of what they don't understand (see OP). Through exposure of different cultures and beliefs they can even perhaps come to learn that all religions are more or less fairy tales, and come to understand what is actually important: Common humanity. Sorry OP that you were not educated in this way and turned out to be a maladjusted adult - ironically, similar to many who are raised in the middle east that you so despise. Your outrage is not much different than most devout Muslims if their children were taken to Christian church and told to pray to Jesus.

A human being is part of the whole, called by us ‘universe,’ a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separate from the rest — a kind of optical delusion of consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. -Albert Einstein

Jun 26, 2018
Milwaukee, WI
If anything, this shows the strengths of western civilization - presumably this is a video of kids learning about other religions and being exposed to different points of views.
So you're saying if a white Christian brought a bunch of muslims to a Catholic church to pray the rosary just for education purposes, there would be no issue?

I doubt that.

ssolitare

Manbaby: The Member
Jan 12, 2009
So you're saying if a white Christian brought a bunch of muslims to a Catholic church to pray the rosary just for education purposes, there would be no issue?

I doubt that.
There wouldn't by me, I wouldn't give a shit.

Kids can go on field trips and learn stuff, sheesh.

Enygger_Tzu

Jul 7, 2018
If anything, this shows the strengths of western civilization - presumably this is a video of kids learning about other religions and being exposed to different points of views. So that they not grow old and become afraid of what they don't understand (see OP). Through exposure of different cultures and beliefs they can even perhaps come to learn that all religions are more or less fairy tales, and come to understand what is actually important: Common humanity. Sorry OP that you were not educated in this way and turned out to be a maladjusted adult - ironically, similar to many who are raised in the middle east that you so despise. Your outrage is not much different than most devout Muslims if their children were taken to Christian church and told to pray to Jesus.
That's such sensetionalistic garbage I don't know where to start, but I will start with questions, first.

So, if exposure to "different points of views" is a good thing, would you also agree to and help push for exposure of school kids to:

A. The straight point of view?

B. The white pride point of view?

C. The KKK point of view?

D. The WWII Axis point of view?

As a matter of fact, would you have your children chant "White Pride, Zieg Heil" and other such chants?

Tell me, what was so "common humanity" about:

The fan that was banned from sporting events for doing the :messenger_ok:hand sign?

The fact that art exhibits in the West were forcefully covered because it offended Muslim sensibilities?

Two innocent men like Bret Kavvanaugh and Vic Mignogna (Dragon Ball's Broly and Full Metal Alchemist's Elric voice actor) was accused with false allegations, the latter losing his job over them without a court case?

Sorry that your double-speak has become apparent and being called on, but this is the beauty of the western civilization, every has free speech.

HenkDV

Aug 11, 2018
My religion teacher at my Christian middleschool also brought us to a mosque one time. The floor is real comfy and their tea is nice.

Reactions: #Phonepunk#

#Phonepunk#

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2018
More likely the mosque has its own section exclusively for the ladies. Such consideration.
If you’ve ever been to a Mosque before you would know they separate men and women. Women sit in the back and if they are baring shoulders or whatever they have to cover up

They do something similar in Hindu temples as well. It’s pretty common throughout world religions.

Not gonna freak over his out of context clip for what was probably a 2 hour field trip

Last edited:

HenkDV

Aug 11, 2018
So, people actually follow those types of Twitter accounts? Imagine seeing all that cancerous shit on your timeline, regardless of whether it's left or right leaning.
Seems exhausting.

HenkDV

Aug 11, 2018
How many times did the children from the mosque come to the Christian school? Did they visit a Jewish temple? Doubt it.
Point being?
My teacher was pretty open about other religions which I thought was pretty cool even though at no point was I particularly religious. You don't have to agree with their values to learn about them.

Iorv3th

Jan 16, 2013
I had a religion class in Jr high and we went to different churches of different students and learned about how they worship.

Miku Miku

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2018
Kind of telling that he has to say it's "white school children," to really add to the theme of innocence lost I guess. Because Islam isn't a race, right?

Reactions: Derekloffin

ssolitare

Jan 12, 2009
It's ironic that liberals like yourself have no problem putting Christians in a Muslim mosque but cringe at the idea of having non-Christians attend a church for educational or recreational purposes. Don't you think?
Says who? You're crossing a bridge before you come to it.

It's pretty cool that kids are visiting a mosque, one wouldn't normally expect that.

Jun 26, 2018
Milwaukee, WI
Says who? You're crossing a bridge before you come to it.
No, actually we've seen this sort of thing quite a bit. Just in Wisconsin we have had several examples of it. People will literally not set foot in a Christian facility no matter the purpose. Because the exposure was offensive and there were minors present.

For nine individuals, present and former students and their parents, the site itself was the problem, with its obvious religious symbolism and significance. They said the exposure to such artifacts of faith offended them, and compromised the experience of graduating. A federal judge rejected their challenge, concluding that the site was chosen entirely for non-religious purposes, and the ceremonies had gone off with no attempt to teach any aspect of the congregation’s faith.

A three-judge panel of that court agreed with the trial judge, finding no First Amendment religion problem. But the full circuit court reconsidered. Splitting 7-3, that court found that the Elmbrook Church site, arrayed as it was, could not avoid being coercive of the students and their younger brothers and sisters attending the ceremony.

Last edited:
This doesn't make me angry but stinks of hypocracy. Do these kids go to Catholic churches and do the sign of the cross., Buddhist temples? Or is this just some progresive cashing in on the cool sheik of Islam support by people who normally denounce christian faiths. I wouldn't be comfortable with a Muslim child being asked to praise Jesus as his lord. and savior. Why are they asking kids to recite that? Teaching them about differents faiths is cool having them repeat chants from them is not necessary and can view as offensive from many angles. I can't see someone who is actually spiritual having kids do this.

Last edited:

bigedole

Mar 10, 2015
Austin, TX
I don't see the point in being angry about this when we have literally 0 context about whatever this video is. For all you guys know every parent of those kids is standing off to the side with a beaming smile. Plenty of legitimate things to be angry about, especially about Islam. Whomever is sharing this video is clearly not doing it in good faith.

bigedole

Mar 10, 2015
Austin, TX
This doesn't make me angry but stinks of hypocracy. Do these kids go to Catholic churches and do the sign of the cross., Buddhist temples? Or is this just some progresive cashing in on the cool sheik of Islam support by people who normally denounce christian faiths. I wouldn't be comfortable with a Muslim child being asked to praise Jesus as his lord. and savior. Why are they asking kids to recite that? Teaching them about differents faiths is cool having them repeat chants from them is not necessary and can view as offensive from many angles. I can't see someone who is actually spiritual having kids do this.
You literally have no clue what the context of this situation is. Maybe this is their 3rd stop of the day right after visiting a catholic church and a jewish temple. Who the fuck knows. The sole purpose of sharing this clip in this form is to make some people angry and sell you the idea of the very thing you're denouncing.

You literally have no clue what the context of this situation is. Maybe this is their 3rd stop of the day right after visiting a catholic church and a jewish temple. Who the fuck knows. The sole purpose of sharing this clip in this form is to make some people angry and sell you the idea of the very thing you're denouncing.
There is no cotext for making kids do a religious chant. NONE Having them visit is fine. I have always said the Muslim church opening their doors to the community outside of their faith would help greatly with the ignorance and fear surrounding the religion. Most people don't even know that Jesus is one of their profits. But having public school kids perform that chant is not necessary and was a dumb thing to do.

To be clear, no problem with the visit, Dont agree with having them chant. Its not like they are going to a factory and seeing what it's like to put a lid on a bottle. "See kids this is what is like to be Muslim. Repeat after me... " Dumb.

bigedole

Mar 10, 2015
Austin, TX
There is no cotext for making kids do a religious chant. NONE Having them visit is fine. I have always said the Muslim church opening their doors to the community outside of their faith would help greatly with the ignorance and fear surrounding the religion. Most people don't even know that Jesus is one of their profits. But having public school kids perform that chant is not necessary and was a dumb thing to do.

To be clear, no problem with the visit, Dont agree with having them chant. Its not like they are going to a factory and seeing what it's like to put a lid on a bottle. "See kids this is what is like to be Muslim. Repeat after me... " Dumb.
If the parents wanted them to then who the fuck are you to make that judgement? They're bad parents, sure, but the clear intent of this video is to make people angry that kids are being indoctrinated in school or something.

If someone posted a video of a catholic school doing morning prayer and professed buckets of outrage we'd tell them to get bent. You just can't be angry about this the way this specific video is being fed to you because you have no clue what the context is behind what's happening.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
I don't see anything wrong here as long as the kids are taken to a synagogue and a hindu temple as well so they can get a well rounded education on different religions and customs (I am assuming that they are catholic/christian and already go to church).

Reactions: Yakuzakazuya
Nov 13, 2016
This seems pretty harmless. It's a bit weird to have children chant "God is great" when they may not even believe in any of that stuff, but they probably just wanted to show these kids what Muslim prayer's like. That seems fine to me. Not that big a deal.

I went to church once for Christmas in school and I just kinda sat there and listened. It doesn't immediately mean kids are getting indoctrinated.

ssolitare

Jan 12, 2009
No, actually we've seen this sort of thing quite a bit. Just in Wisconsin we have had several examples of it. People will literally not set foot in a Christian facility no matter the purpose. Because the exposure was offensive and there were minors present.

For nine individuals, present and former students and their parents, the site itself was the problem, with its obvious religious symbolism and significance. They said the exposure to such artifacts of faith offended them, and compromised the experience of graduating. A federal judge rejected their challenge, concluding that the site was chosen entirely for non-religious purposes, and the ceremonies had gone off with no attempt to teach any aspect of the congregation’s faith.

A three-judge panel of that court agreed with the trial judge, finding no First Amendment religion problem. But the full circuit court reconsidered. Splitting 7-3, that court found that the Elmbrook Church site, arrayed as it was, could not avoid being coercive of the students and their younger brothers and sisters attending the ceremony.
This isn't a 1:1 comparison.

Jun 26, 2018
Milwaukee, WI
I don't see anything wrong here as long as the kids are taken to a synagogue and a hindu temple as well so they can get a well rounded education on different religions and customs (I am assuming that they are catholic/christian and already go to church).
I can see a problem if these are publicly schooled children.

If the parents wanted them to then who the fuck are you to make that judgement? They're bad parents, sure, but the clear intent of this video is to make people angry that kids are being indoctrinated in school or something.

If someone posted a video of a catholic school doing morning prayer and professed buckets of outrage we'd tell them to get bent. You just can't be angry about this the way this specific video is being fed to you because you have no clue what the context is behind what's happening.

You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means.

There is no other context to a religious chant. They are fairly straight forward.

Reactions: ConnorDuffy1977