White school children are taken to a Mosque & made to repeat the phrase 'Allahu Akbar' over and over.

TheGreatYosh

Jul 19, 2018
What's the difference between this and me growing up as a kid and hearing about Jesus, Mary and the manger? And then everyone going nuts over Easter egg hunts? I'm not religious but got hit with this stuff as a kid. Who cares.
You come from a Christian Nation.

bucyou

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2018
This thread is embarrassing lol And yet its somehow the Left that is constantly outraged over nothing right?

Learning about other cultures and religions is child abuse???? What???? :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Right? More embarrassing than when your concern trolling gets called out and you disappear from the thread?

70/30 split between "who gives a fuck" and "think of the children", you can be better than this (i assume)

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
The kids are naive and they don't know what they are saying.

However the mosque knows and they told the kids to recite those verse because it's a allegiance claim.

The children are not practicioners of the mohammedean cult and yet they told them to recite verses that only it's practitioners would say as if the children were practicioners.

This is a violation of the religious sovereignty of the individual and an attempt at indoctrination of the youth. This is also being done against the wishes of the parents who I bet had no knowledge of this. Any sane parent who would care for their children would not tolerate this.

Again another example of the societal privileges given to Islam that would have been unthinkable for any other religion, much less christianity. As of now, I DEMAND that all muslin children from that mosque go to a sinagoge or a church and preach allegiance according to the verses of those religions. There will be exemptions tolerated.

Whoever authorized this is to be fired at once. If I had my child in that school I would have removed him/her from it immediately. I would have the mosque closed down for violation of religious rights and indoctrination of children.

And for all the lazy apologist in this threat, your hypocrisy and ill will is clearly noted.

(edited)
That's actually an interesting point. In the video BraveOne posted about the nativity scene, it clearly states some Islamic parents refused to allow their kids to attend the service. No one was offended or "outraged" by that.

liberals are two-faced when it comes to Islam

Last edited:

daveonezero

Nov 19, 2018
I have a problem with compulsory education but why does the title specify “white”

As if race has anything to do with religion. Seems conflated.

• LOL
Reactions: 嫩翼

Cosmogony

Jul 11, 2018
more fear mongering garbage. perhaps some context could be provided?
Context is indeed important, I agree, but surely you're aware of the full context since you jumped the gun and called it garbage already.

So what's the context then?

If anything, this shows the strengths of western civilization - presumably this is a video of kids learning about other religions and being exposed to different points of views.
"Allahu Akbar" is a profession of faith.
Now, it could be the case these children are Muslim or sincerely believe in ecumenism, in which cases it is entirely appropriate for them to recite it. Or it could be the case they're not and they know not what they're expected to recite, in what could amount to a clear violation of the separation of Church and state,

Yes, context matters.

So that they not grow old and become afraid of what they don't understand (see OP). Through exposure of different cultures
Having them repeat a profession os Islamic faith is not the same as having them exposed to Islamic culture, just so you know. For the record, I would have said the exact same thing had this happened in a Christian congregation. The issue is exactly the same.

and beliefs they can even perhaps come to learn that all religions are more or less fairy tales, and come to understand what is actually important:
Not all fairy tales are created equal.

Common humanity. Sorry OP that you were not educated in this way and turned out to be a maladjusted adult - ironically, similar to many who are raised in the middle east that you so despise. Your outrage is not much different than most devout Muslims if their children were taken to Christian church and told to pray to Jesus.
Yes, it's abhorrent to have muslim children go to a Christian church and pray to Jesus. I'm an atheists but I can readily see the fundamental problem that raises, in both directions actually.

Oct 26, 2018
I call bullshit. Kids can't even pray together in public schools like many NBA or NFL players do after a game.
It was a lot different going to public school in the 80s. Canada too.

And we all did that prayer every morning after listening to the national anthem on PA system..... that popular one..... "Our father, who are in heaven". We did it early grades and nobody went ape shit.

Oct 26, 2018
You come from a Christian Nation.
No doubt Canada is Christian skewed. Easter and Christmas are big here.

But it's not like everyone growing up is Christian. I'm not religious at all and think Bible stuff is a joke, and not every kid in class was Christian either. Nobody complained we had to go through this.

Reactions: cryptoadam

TheGreatYosh

Jul 19, 2018
No doubt Canada is Christian skewed. Easter and Christmas are big here.

But it's not like everyone growing up is Christian. I'm not religious at all and think Bible stuff is a joke, and not every kid in class was Christian either. Nobody complained we had to go through this.
If you can’t see the difference between being raised Christian in a Christian Nation, and inculcating kids to a foreign, unsuitable religion/culture. I don’t know what to tell you.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
This thread is embarrassing. Some of the posts in here are so completely out of this world that I honestly can't believe they are real lol.

I haven't laugh this hard at a thread in ages. Thank you @Enygger_Tzu lol

Learning about other cultures and religions is child abuse???? What???? :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Do you even know what that phrase means? Because judging by your post I am gonna go ahead and guess that you have no idea lol
Remember how embarrassing it was when you found out the latest school shooting was committed by a gay leftist and a trans person then dropped out of the thread?

Nobody_Important

Gold Member
May 22, 2018
Remember how embarrassing it was when you found out the latest school shooting was committed by a gay leftist and a trans person then dropped out of the thread?
I made literally one post in that thread and it was in answer to another members post and that was my only contribution to the thread. All I said was that gun violence in America is a political issue. I never said anything else in the whole thread. I can't "abandon" a thread I was never really apart of in the first place genius. You are trying too hard. Again. And you failed. Again. And THAT is embarrassing. You are getting desperate to try and "gotcha" me and it shows.

Last edited:

Guynamedbilly

Feb 28, 2018
Going through a religious ceremony and reciting specific prayers is not learning about a religion, it's taking part in a religion.

There's a huge difference between learning history and facts, and reciting specific prayers or performing religious ceremonies.

Xux

May 10, 2007
Seattle.
Can't say I approve of exposing kids to religion this young before they're brains are fully developed but teaching kids that the Abrahamic religions are functionally interchangeable is pretty admirable.

Zangiefy360

Aug 30, 2018
Excuse me? We don't do this. Take this shit back from the ass you pulled it from and go educate yourself
I know this stuff sounds unbelievable and being in denial about it is completely normal, especially when they share the same religion as you. But you must face the facts and confront it.

First, women getting stoned:

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajm
Rajm (رجم) is an Arabic word that means "stoning".[2][3] It is commonly used to refer to the Hudud punishment wherein an organized group throws stones at a convicted individual until that person dies. Under some versions of Islamic law (Sharia), it is the prescribed punishment in cases of adultery committed by a married man or married woman. The conviction requires a confession from either the adulterer/adulteress, or the testimony of two/three witnesses (as prescribed by the Quran in Surah an-Nur verse 4), or pregnancy outside of marriage.[4][5][5][6]

The punishment of stoning/Rajm or capital punishment for adultery is unique in Islamic law in that it conflicts with the Qur'anic prescription for premarital and extramarital sex (zina)[7][2] found in Surah an-Nur,2: "The woman and the man guilty of adultery or fornication — flog each of them with a hundred stripes".[8] For this reason some minority Muslim sects such as Kharijites found in Iraq, and Islamic Modernists such as the Quranists disagree with the legality of rajm.
Source: https://centerforinquiry.org/blog/islam-and-womens-rights/
Family law in these countries generally follows the prescriptions of Koran. Veiling (hijab), divorce laws, a very young legal age of marriage, custody of children, polygamy, women’s rightlessness in matters of employment, travelling, choosing the place of residence, honor killing are all aspects of Islamic Shari’a based on the Koran and Islam’s doctrine. Together with these, in countries under the Islamic states, women are stoned to death for engaging in voluntary sexual relations and are stripped of their basic human rights.
Source: https://www.cnn.com/2015/11/06/opinions/why-women-stoned-to-death-2015/index.html
Why women are still being stoned to death in 2015
Second, gays being thrown off rooftops.

Source: https://apnews.com/bc4cf13c2b41454b820d7297f50bbf08
The Islamic State group, which on Monday called the Orlando mass shooter Omar Mateen ‘one of the soldiers of the caliphate in America,’ has a history of targeting gays with brutal public killings.

Many Muslims consider homosexuality to be sinful. In some parts of the Arab world, homosexuals have been arrested and sentenced to prison on charges linked to “debauchery.” In Iran and Saudi Arabia, they have been lashed. Many other religions frown on homosexuality.

The Islamic State group has reserved one of its most gruesome methods of killing for suspected gays -- throwing them to their death from building rooftops.
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_gay_and_bisexual_men_by_ISIL
On July 22, 2016, it was reported by activists that ISIL executed a young Iraqi man in Kirkuk, Iraq by throwing him from the top of a building on charges of being gay. His corpse was later stoned by the crowd. ISIL arrested the man under the pretext that he was a homosexual.[12][13]
@Mista - I eagerly look forward to your reply and correction of your response.

Last edited:

Panda1

Jan 12, 2010
I know this stuff sounds unbelievable and being in denial about it is completely normal, especially when they share the same religion as you. But you must face the facts and confront it.

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2015/11/06/opinions/why-women-stoned-to-death-2015/index.html

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_gay_and_bisexual_men_by_ISIL

No need to even look at ISIL!

Reactions: Zangiefy360

Mista

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2014

Adultery is forbidden and this happens with Christians too not just Muslims

Actually none of this happens and whole of my life I haven’t seen such thing apart of it’s coming from extremists. What’s in the Quran is God’s words so I can’t change that. But instead of taking examples from extremists, hear from the balanced people that doesn’t disobeys god and balanced. Go talk to any non-extremist and ask them if they saw anything like this before. We’re the ones living here not you, so I wonder what’s more legit someone experiencing Muslim life in a Muslim country everyday or someone barking from the internet

Last edited:

Zangiefy360

Aug 30, 2018
Actually none of this happens and whole of my life I haven’t seen such thing apart of it’s coming from extremists. What’s in the Quran is God’s words so I can’t change that. But instead of taking examples from extremists, hear from the balanced people that doesn’t disobeys god and balanced. Go talk to any non-extremist and ask them if they saw anything like this before. We’re the ones living here not you, so I wonder what’s more legit someone experiencing Muslim life in a Muslim country everyday or someone barking from the internet
You've got your head in the sand. None of this happens? I just provided 5 unique sources that says it does. Are these all fake news?

Posting sources isn't barking from the Internet. If anyone is barking, it's you, since clearly you abide by the "if I haven't seen it it doesn't exist" mindset.

Mista

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2014
You've got your head in the sand. None of this happens? I just provided 5 unique sources that says it does. Are these all fake news?

Posting sources isn't barking from the Internet. If anyone is barking, it's you, since clearly you abide by the "if I haven't seen it it doesn't exist" mindset.
It’s in religion to show how much of a sin it is. Yeah never saw a gay human being thrown from the rooftop. I have gay friends and we’re chilling everyday so yeah I stand by what I say. Never seen a woman stoned also because proving an adultery in Islam needs four witnesses that actually saw it happen and other than that it’s considered false. As I provided also even Christians stones women if caught in adultery. So what do you want exactly? Shitting on Islam because that’s your concentration and ignoring what I’m providing you? Don’t even bother replying because I’m not wasting a single second again on a racist cunt like you pointing fingers at Islam and ignoring the fact I’m providing that even Christians does it. Having my head in the sand better than my head in an ass.

Last edited:

Zangiefy360

Aug 30, 2018
It’s in religion to show how much of a sin it is. Yeah never saw a gay human being thrown from the rooftop. I have gay friends and we’re chilling everyday so yeah I stand by what I say. Never seen a woman stoned also because proving an adultery in Islam needs four witnesses that actually saw it happen and other than that it’s considered false. As I provided also even Christians stones women if caught in adultery. So what do you want exactly? Shitting on Islam because that’s your concentration and ignoring what I’m providing you? Don’t even bother replying because I’m not wasting a single second again on a racist cunt like you pointing fingers at Islam and ignoring the fact I’m providing that even Christians does it. Having my head in the sand better than my head in an ass.
Got it. Personal anecdotes surpasses reporting and data. Feelings over facts.

Helios

Gold Member
Jun 13, 2018
Got it. Personal anecdotes surpasses reporting and data. Feelings over facts.
You're criticizing him for anecdotes when most of your "facts" are one-off cases and not actual data. Even more laughable when his argument was that you're generalizing and putting the blame of extremists on almost 2 billion people that have nothing in common except religion.
And yes, I'll take his life experiences over someone scouring the internet for any article that would prove their point.

Zangiefy360

Aug 30, 2018
You're criticizing him for anecdotes when most of your "facts" are one-off cases and not actual data. Even more laughable when his argument was that you're generalizing and putting the blame of extremists on almost 2 billion people that have nothing in common except religion.
And yes, I'll take his life experiences over someone scouring the internet for any article that would prove their point.
Got it. So it's all fake news?

Schrödinger's cat

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2011
In respect of the topic of this thread:

If people wish to argue that teaching something is an attempt to convert / adopt to a view or practice then the exact same argument can be used here.

Reactions: DeepEnigma

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
But it does happen. It happens a lot. It's just done by people you call "extremists".

Sounds like you are just denying reality