• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whiteman almost died today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flo_Evans said:
Tuna is not that bad on the list of foods to avoid if you have gout... but a whole month of it could certainly cause problems.
Wouldn't all that protein be harmful?

*is fresh from a wiki search and has leveled up to EXPERT*

Flo_Evans

Don't you drink allot too? Alcohol is probably the worst thing. Wine being #1 do not drink unless you want a week of not being able to walk. Beer is a close 2nd.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
King of the hill informed us that people that eat alot of organ meat can get out. Dont know if its true or not tho. :lol

White Man

Eel O'Brian said:
can you eat whatever you want, or do they have you on a special diet while you're in there?

They had a menu that I picked lunch and dinner from. Breakfast was eggs and sausage andserial andtoast. No restrictions, but not a big menu.

Eel O'Brian said:
as i have written elsewhere, request milkshakes, hospital milkshakes are delicious

wtf? I remember staying in the hospital only a few years back and all they gave me was 17 cent ice pops and crackers.

xaosslug

glad to hear you're OK-ish, dood! :) Had me worried.

i dunno if you've gout, but my dad has gout. And he's a REAL tough bastard, so when it's 'inflamed' and he's limping around, whimpering like a baby... I know that's a pain I'd rather not experience!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
White Man said:
They pulled my colchicine :( Guess it's not what I needed. Bummer. I just want to know what's wrong.
You need a scruffy looking asshole to tell you that, not a hot immigrant nurse!

White Man said:
I literally could not stand or walk, but the brain getting struck by lightning pain you get when you badly need a root canal trumped it. I still get electric feeling brain flashes from that. Feels like a shock right next to my left ear, about aligned with my left eye.

Worst week of my life was in 2006 when I waited to get a root canal. God bless Root Canals!

Duke Togo

vas_a_morir said:
Worst week of my life was in 2006 when I waited to get a root canal. God bless Root Canals!
*shudder* I remember waiting for a root canal....at one point, I was in the fetal position on my bed, literally paralyzed by pain. Who knew one tooth could flare up all the nerves in half your face...it felt like somebody had poured molten lead into the left side of my face. The feeling of the pain killers finally taking hold after enduring that for two days is still one of the best moments of my life. :lol

Duke Togo said:
*shudder* I remember waiting for a root canal....at one point, I was in the fetal position on my bed, literally paralyzed by pain. Who knew one tooth could flare up all the nerves in half your face...it felt like somebody had poured molten lead into the left side of my face. The feeling of the pain killers finally taking hold after enduring that for two days is still one of the best moments of my life. :lol

Truth. My root canal was under weird circumstances: I had a GIGANTIC cavity for a long time, and when my dentist finally could see me, he looked in and literally told me: "Jesus christ, kid. Ughh, I need to talk to your mom."

Thing started hurting like fuck and then I got the root canal. It was uncomfortable with all that shit in my mouth, but I never felt a thing. I was all :D because of the drugs they gave me.

BrandNew said:
Truth. My root canal was under weird circumstances: I had a GIGANTIC cavity for a long time, and when my dentist finally could see me, he looked in and literally told me: "Jesus christ, kid. Ughh, I need to talk to your mom."

Thing started hurting like fuck and then I got the root canal. It was uncomfortable with all that shit in my mouth, but I never felt a thing. I was all :D because of the drugs they gave me.

:lol :lol

Kind of a strange coincidence, but my patient came in last night with extreme wrist/forearm pain that hurt so bad, he stopped eating and drinking cause he didn't want to move it. I just found out from the lab results that he has CPPD or pseudogout. Made me think of White Man. Anyway, he was just recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, so I think it's probably the least of his worries.

Averon

If you got gout, like I do, the best thing is to drink a lot of water to help flush the uric acid out of your system. Every time you take a piss, you're flushing uric acid from your body. Also, get a lot of vitamin C in your diet as well. That helps prevent gout build-up from happening.

Flo_Evans

echoshifting said:
It's not gout or cppd.

(Hey somebody had to update this thread)

Dang. Someone take away my internet medical license. O wait I never had one! :lol

This makes me even more nervous. Maybe I don't have gout either...

jax (old)

Banned
haven't posted here but still alive and posting I see.

Was the attending physician house like? Solved the medical mystery? I'm quite surprised they can't pinpoint the condition. How weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom