• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who could play Abby in The Last of Us TV series (season 2?)

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
The biggest requirement would be that the actress be a huge muscle hulk (and I dont mean it in a negative way, I kinda dig it). Given that its a high profile TV series, its not like they can simply take some ripped crossfit girl and be done with it. They would want her to be a known actress also. But no famous enough actress has even half the muscles Abby has. Would anyone be willing to go through the transformation, especially since that will require a lot of gym and maybe steroids/HGH?
Who do you think could play Abby in current form/after bulking up?

Emily Blunt? (Will need much bulking up)

emily-blunt-edge-of-tomorrow-warner-bros.jpg

Kate beckinsale? (Total badass, but is old and probably wont be able to bulk up much)-

katebeckinsale-123144497-2742174222691296-1454205093576919885-n-1604067783.jpg

Now, if they were indeed going for crossfit girls, the best fit would be the girl on which Abby's physique was actually based-

EbAPqkFXQAA7ehy.jpg

Or my personal preference, Brooke ence. Mostly because she still has a pretty face after bulking up/steroids-

brooke-ence-workout.jpg

Who could play Abby in your opinion?

EDMIX

I doubt that would be season 2. People need to remember that in games shit speeds up much more, so I expect maybe season 4 or something and even that is hopeful.

Season 1 and 2 could literally be about Joel, Tess, Fireflys, Sara flash backs etc.
Season 2 and 3 could be about meeting Elle, Tess dying, meeting the brothers etc.
Season 4 could be about joel getting hurt, Elle caring for him and fighting off those.......crazy people lol Looking at it now, yea....that shit might not be for quite a while.

I have nothing against the people in the pics but several are not even actors, I love Emily Blunt btw, but I'd never cast her. I hate to be that guy, but she is simply too old, not in general, but for this exact role. She is almost 40 right now and by the time that Abby storyline starts, she could be damn near 50.

I feel we need a child actor that can grow into the role, as in someone RIGHT NOW, that we feel in 5 or so years could be the one.

Last edited:

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
I doubt that would be season 2. People need to remember that in games shit speeds up much more, so I expect maybe season 4 or something and even that is hopeful.

Season 1 and 2 could literally be about Joel, Tess, Fireflys, Sara flash backs etc.
Season 2 and 3 could be about meeting Elle, Tess dying, meeting the brothers etc.
Season 4 could be about joel getting hurt, Elle caring for him and fighting off those.......crazy people lol Looking at it now, yea....that shit might not be for quite a while.

They have already cast Elle, so I am sure Elle appears in season 1 itself.
There are 10 episodes of 1 hour each, so in 10 hours of first season either they will cover a lot of ground or expend stories properly or be super boring. Lets see what happens.

EDMIX

They have already cast Elle, so I am sure Elle appears in season 1 itself.
There are 10 episodes of 1 hour each, so in 10 hours of first season either they will cover a lot of ground or expend stories properly or be super boring. Lets see what happens.

ohhhhh yea.

You are correct sir.

xrnzaaas

The only good answer to OP's question.

I have nothing against the people in the pics but several are not even actors, I love Emily Blunt btw, but I'd never cast her. I hate to be that guy, but she is simply too old, not in general, but for this exact role. She is almost 40 right now and by the time that Abby storyline starts, she could be damn near 50.

I feel we need a child actor that can grow into the role, as in someone RIGHT NOW, that we feel in 5 or so years could be the one.
Unless HBO wants to milk this slowly I don't think they're going to stretch the first game to be featured in multiple seasons (like more than 2). I think GoT's scenario is more likely - the show getting ahead of the source material and starting to write its own stories.

Last edited:

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
I hope it is someone with a stacked bod and very pretty face, and brick hard, yet shapely ass to fuck with the bigots.

In my opinion Brooke Ence fits that bill perfectly.
Though I dont know what you mean by bigots.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
It would be the toughest casting for them -- especially if they do flashback scenes with the same actress without using bodysuits and/or digital physical reformation.

If they do the flashback scenes with a similar looking but different actress, then the options would open up much more. Let's see who they cast, but that's still at least a year or two away.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Someone who isn't up to her gills on an insane amount of steroids would be preferable, as that looks completely ridiculous in a post-apocalyptic world with her group living on subsistence rations.

Women can still get pretty strong without transitioning to male:

But pure strength was a poor conceptual choice for Abby's character. Years of MMA training would be a better direction.

sircaw

Banned
Someone who isn't up to her gills on an insane amount of steroids would be preferable, as that looks completely ridiculous in a post-apocalyptic world with her group living on subsistence rations.

Women can still get pretty strong without transitioning to male:

But pure strength was a poor conceptual choice for Abby's character. Years of MMA training would be a better direction.

Mattie Rogers Snatch? Really EviLore EviLore lol "lollipop_disappointed:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Mattie Rogers Snatch? Really EviLore EviLore lol "lollipop_disappointed:
The snatch is one of the main Olympic barbell lifts. Form and technique are important for success, which keeps it from devolving into a "who can abuse the most steroids without dropping dead until after the event" competition, e.g. the Crossfit Games. Weight classes help too.

sircaw

Banned
The snatch is one of the main Olympic barbell lifts. Form and technique are important for success, which keeps it from devolving into a "who can abuse the most steroids without dropping dead until after the event" competition, e.g. the Crossfit Games. Weight classes help too.
Don't you dare check out urban dictionary then lol :messenger_grimmacing_

Toots

Gold Member
The pencil neck is a dead giveaway.
:messenger_tears_of_joy: So much!
For some reason the middle pic reminds me of alpha doge

vY4Jf5n.jpg

That is so true it makes me blood red mad (even though it's kind of funny imagining abby rolling with some post apocalyptic Eddie Bravo in preparation of her combat jujitsu main event against team Jackson mma - pun intended -)

If you are a writer and you create a world with rules, you adhere to those rules when building your characters and story. She could have been some kind of sharpshooter too, anything else than goddam Conan the barbarian, but no it's reality that needs to bend to some hack writer will and not the other way around...

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
:messenger_tears_of_joy: So much!
For some reason the middle pic reminds me of alpha doge

vY4Jf5n.jpg

That is so true it makes me blood red mad (even though it's kind of funny imagining abby rolling with some post apocalyptic Eddie Bravo in preparation of her combat jujitsu main event against team Jackson mma - pun intended -)

If you are a writer and you create a world with rules, you adhere to those rules when building your characters and story. She could have been some kind of sharpshooter too, anything else than goddam Conan the barbarian, but no it's reality that needs to bend to some hack writer will and not the other way around...
Sharpshooter would work, yeah.

Or a survivalist. Imagine taking inspiration from Sharni Vinson's character in You're Next. Now there's a badass heroine--someone with training and the resolve to put it to use.

Thirty7ven

Banned
We just need to find an actress that won’t be afraid of gaining muscle, like Jessica Biel in Blade Trinity.

Unfortunately, and this is the part nobody wants to talk about yet, it will be almost impossible to find that actress because Hollywood hasn’t changed, it has simply cranked it up. Women still have to look skinny, unless it’s a comedy movie, which is why gal gasto looked like a tooth pick in WW84, and men now have to look like super heroes regardless of what makes sense for character and the story being told.

G Boaty

Banned
Kind of funny how you never here these complaints ("it's unrealistic to be that size in the apocalypse, there's not enough food, there's no need to be that size" etc) with regards to other characters in the game. It's only ever Abby who isn't allowed to be big.

byunghwa-jung-byunghwa-jung-ryan-01.jpg

tumblr_p3guptIx2r1qi4j1oo1_640.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Even though the game clearly shows that Abby lives in a healthy, sustainable camp with plenty of food to go around for everyone.

Last edited:

Razvedka

Banned
Kind of funny how you never here these complaints ("it's unrealistic to be that size in the apocalypse, there's not enough food, there's no need to be that size" etc) with regards to other characters in the game. It's only ever Abby who isn't allowed to be big.

byunghwa-jung-byunghwa-jung-ryan-01.jpg

tumblr_p3guptIx2r1qi4j1oo1_640.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Even though the game clearly shows that Abby lives in a healthy, sustainable camp with plenty of food to go around for everyone.
The amount of effort it would take a woman like Abby to get that big, the access to training, protein, and yeah probably PEDs is pretty out there. Women do not look like Abby without these things, it takes a ton of effort.

Top Bottom