• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who create the Most beautiful CGI Gaming scenes

Which is the best selection

• SEGA

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Nintendo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Square-Enix

Votes: 104 60.1%
  • Activision

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Sony

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • Capcom

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Konami

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blizzard

Votes: 49 28.3%

• Total voters

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
We are not talking in game cutscenes.... We are talking in CGI scenes.

I think SEGA made a great contribution to the video game industry in being one of the best in creating great quality CGI on the principle.

The next one that I always consider premium quality is Square-Enix

Sonic and Final fantasy Games always have amazing CGI scenes

Last edited:

Hugare

Square and its not even close

Not only for its quality, but consistency and inovation.

They have been the best since the PS1. Back then, if the CGI looked good, you just knew it was made by Square.

They were even making amazing looking CGI movies in a time where no other game company was even attempting, such as Advent Children and Spirits Within.

I would go as far as saying that FF, KH and many other of Square's franchises wouldnt be as known as they are today if they werent as good as they are with their CGI

Fact that UE5 has dedicated stuff for CG films is insane. It basically means we are going to be getting CGI quality renders for games now as well. I can't wait too see hardcore decked out UE5 AAA titles. Gears, please hurry!

T0minator

Square Enix was the first one I thought of before I even clicked the thread...
The industry hopefully is straying away from CGI... No matter how awesome CGI is in a game...I'm never as impressed as in game cinematics...this gen I can see naughty dog and a handful of others showing up amazing in game cinematics that rival some of the best CGI we've seen in previous generations

Last edited:
Square and its not close Square has an entire in house anime studio + multiple other anime/manga side projects/products for years square dumps tons of money into the anime industry and after them is konami.

Reactions: K2D

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I dont care much for CGI scenes as I try to skip them as much as I can.

Obviously outdated, but I will say the coolest ones I remember from back in the day were Namco ones. Ace Combat, Soul Edge and Tekken intros on PS1.

Blur Studios makes a LOT of CGI cutscenes for a lot of games and are responsible for some of the best looking CG trailers ever released, they are absolutely one of the best. Their work in the Halo franchise was incredibly well done.

Halo 2 Anniversary

Halo Wars 2

The Old Republic

Titanfall 2

skneogaf

Best I can remember seeing were the halo 2 anniversary cut scenes, I had hoped halo on the series x would resemble them but lol it has gone backwards in graphics.

EDMIX

I think the main thing to take into account is that most of the time those companies didn't do the CGI, they hired third parties to do it (SquareSoft included)

With that said, I've always liked Onimusha 3's opening (made by ROBOT)

Randomly played that series again last year.

Underrated. Why we don't have a remaster of the whole collection is beyond me.

fersnake

square for sure. i really dont play blizzard games like wow etc but i watched some of the cgi cut scenes and i pretty sure said one time it looked better than squares.

K2D

Banned
Best in the biz Square Enix has gotten so good with in-game cut scenes that they now look better than their cgi counter parts..!

Tifa vs cgi
gBCikty.jpg
fSYqQZ8.jpg

Aeris vs cgi
eN4YXLF.jpg

KRlyiZn.jpg

Cloud vs cgi
sJ52jSc.jpg

FRDu4YC.jpg

(expressions, facial animations, movement, body language etc. looks more natural than in the cgi counter parts)

Edit: Beaten by like FIVE post before me.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Where is Blur Studio?

The intro in Halo Infinite seems to have been done in engine by 343i and does not leave up to Halo Wars 2 cutscene standards.

Last edited:

Matt_Fox

I wouldn't use the word beautiful, but from a technical POV the CGI scenes in Call Of Duty: Vanguard are the most impressive I've seen to date.

This is Dominic Monaghan (Merry from LOTR) as a Nazi, the screenshot below is okay but in motion it really does capture very small details in the performance.

s09LDcn.jpg

Reactions: K2D

Ozzie666

Where is Blur Studio?

The intro in Halo Infinite seems to have been done in engine by 343i and does not leave up to Halo Wars 2 cutscene standards.

Blur did the introduction movie for DC universe on line, which is just fantastic. One of the best takes on super heroes I had ever seen in 2010/11. Very well directed and put together. They fly under the radar, since they do a lot of work for big companies. Sort of like in music and Two steps from hell.

bender

What time is it?
Randomly played that series again last year.

Underrated. Why we don't have a remaster of the whole collection is beyond me.

I'm guessing the Onimusha re-release a few years back underperformed. I don't think the original has aged all that well to be honest and I'm afraid to go back to the sequels now.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Blur did the introduction movie for DC universe on line, which is just fantastic. One of the best takes on super heroes I had ever seen in 2010/11. Very well directed and put together. They fly under the radar, since they do a lot of work for big companies. Sort of like in music and Two steps from hell.
They should be contracted to make a full length Halo movie.

Top Bottom