• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who do you think the top Republican contenders for 2024 will be?

DanteFox

Jun 10, 2008
A lot of people are saying Nikki Haley, and it's pretty much guaranteed that Ted Cruz will run. I'm hearing a lot of people mention Don Jr. and Ivanka, as well.

Reactions: crazepharmacist

Patriots7

Jul 15, 2008
Donald, if he’s not in jail!

Haley, Noem: Maybe VP but lol, sexism isn’t going to let them win the Republican primary

Cruz, Rubio: Trump literally proved Cruz to be a cuck and embarrassed Little Marco out of the 2016 primary

Hawley, Pompeo: Too religious

Cotton, Pence: Too boring

Sasse: Too smart

DanteFox

Jun 10, 2008
Donald, if he’s not in jail!

Haley, Noem: Maybe VP but lol, sexism isn’t going to let them win the Republican primary

Cruz, Rubio: Trump literally proved Cruz to be a cuck and embarrassed Little Marco out of the 2016 primary

Hawley, Pompeo: Too religious

Cotton, Pence: Too boring

Sasse: Too smart
Cruz literally got second place in the primary. I think he has a good shot without Trump in the picture.

Mr. Blonde

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2004
DeSantis

I like Cruz but he's unelectable due to his inability to draw enough supporters to overcome his high negatives

Rubio is a no-go, he's another Globalist that will let the media run all over him like Romney if nominated

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Haribokart

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
Whoever it is, it better not be another fucking punching bag "statesman" like John McCain or Jeb Bush. Gotta do the Dems dirty guys, just like they do us. Hit back harder. You know the moment I knew Donald Trump was gonna win? When he called Rosie a fat pig and shut her right the fuck up. She was talking all kinds of shit about him and wasn't expecting to be smashed back in the face like that and didn't know what the fuck happened to her, only that she had a mouthful of bloody chiclets.

Last edited:

tillbot8

Aug 4, 2020
I would say Ted Cruz, not his first rodeo, safe enough for the GOP and has become a lot more likeable to the Trumpers! A smart strategic bet in my humble opinion! The well maybe too poisoned with the Trump name if he comes up empty handed! But never underestimate the shady tactics of the Dems and the Leftists to pull crap next election!

EHuntingon

Gold Member
Jul 30, 2013
Michigan
ehuntington.org
The Republicans are going to try and make it Nicki Haley or some other establishment GOP member. Personally, I'm out unless the next nominee is some national populist. I'm not going to vote for an open-borders, Koch brothers, establishment globalist.

Reactions: appaws

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
I am not a Republican, and likely don't see eye to eye on everything with standard Republicans. People that catch my eye are Rand Paul, Jim Jordan, Kristi Noem though I would need to do deep dives on the last two before committing. However, I do not know how any of them resonate with the core base of Republicans.

That said, I think 2024 may need another lion with celebrity grit and established anti-Establishment credentials. Unless the DNC implodes in the next year, which remains possible, in which case, the bar of pure charisma is lowered [not that Democrats seem to understand charisma given HRC and JB].

On the other hand, if the election was stolen, and Biden gets four years, those who stole it will use those 4 years to secure the grip on media, social media, and election 'integrity'. The 2024 candidate will not matter. So if there is fraud, we need to find it and prove it now.

Last edited:

Vicetrailia

Mar 12, 2019
I see Cruz coming out of trump isn’t capable.

I think Cruz would be a solid do nothing president for the right like Biden will be this time around for the left.

And everyone had it wrong. Running the presidency like a business person/accountant would be stupid. Trump didn’t do that, he ran with different ideas, he ran like an innovator and that of course will ruffle lots of feathers. It was nothing like a real business, he had the courage to try unconventional ideas.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kadayi and DanteFox

diffusionx

Feb 25, 2006
I see Cruz coming out of trump isn’t capable.

I think Cruz would be a solid do nothing president for the right like Biden will be this time around for the left.

And everyone had it wrong. Running the presidency like a business person/accountant would be stupid. Trump didn’t do that, he ran with different ideas, he ran like an innovator and that of course will ruffle lots of feathers. It was nothing like a real business, he had the courage to try unconventional ideas.
What about the fact that Cruz is plainly ineligible to be President

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
I could see Haley, Noem, Hawley, Cotton and Cruz trying for it. Not sure who else or who will be the front runner. I doubt Trump will run again.

Reactions: Xenon

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Crenshaw, Cruz, Gabbard, and anyone else that will run on anti-war, anti-big tech, and anti-CRT.
Gabbard is pretty far left on many issues. She was a Bernie supporter for a reason. I do not see the RNC getting behind her as a candidate [though I could see her being appointed somewhere for cross appeal to the fringes of the party Trump attracts].

People seem to love or hate Crenshaw... I do not understand why he is so divisive. I have liked him the times I have listened to him longform. I know td compares him to McCain sometimes, though I think td has some people who fake hate everyone to sow division.

Last edited:

Xenon

I'd say Cruz. Getting smashed by Trump toughened him up and dealing with TDS has helped him refine his arguments. He just isn't the same man who ran in 2016. The key is, can he appeal emotionally to get the Trump voters to go and vote for him while not being as divisive as Trump. His legacy is gonna be a tight rope for whoever gets the nod in 2024.

EHuntingon

Gold Member
Jul 30, 2013
Michigan
ehuntington.org
People seem to love or hate Crenshaw... I do not understand why he is so divisive. I have liked him the times I have listened to him longform. I know td compares him to McCain sometimes, though I think td has some people who fake hate everyone to sow division.
Dan Crenshaw is a neocon. He's for amnesty, red-flag laws, free trade, and endless wars. You can like him, but he's not a populist nor from the "America First" umbrella.

Reactions: appaws

Liberty4all

Nov 11, 2007
I'd say Cruz. Getting smashed by Trump toughened him up and dealing with TDS has helped him refine his arguments. He just isn't the same man who ran in 2016. The key is, can he appeal emotionally to get the Trump voters to go and vote for him while not being as divisive as Trump. His legacy is gonna be a tight rope for whoever gets the nod in 2024.
Cruz pivot from Lyin Ted to Lion Ted was an awesome redemption story. It also shows that he’s smart enough to know when beat and stick with the guy closest to his own beliefs. Ted has been a huge asset and I also think the base will vote for him. I’m not sure though if he can capture independents the way Trump could though ...

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Dan Crenshaw is a neocon. He's for amnesty, red-flag laws, free trade, and endless wars. You can like him, but he's not a populist nor from the "America First" umbrella.
The times i listened to him were not on those topics. Red flag laws are a no go for me, as are endless war. I'd need details on those and the others... for example, i could come up with a plan for amnesty i could support, though there would be heavy effort [years of civic service], heavy restrictions, and many, many other strings attached.

But yeah, without listening to his exact positions on the above issues, sounds like i would not support him. Now that you mention it i seem to remember him being on the wrong side of red flag laws.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: EHuntingon

EHuntingon

Gold Member
Jul 30, 2013
Michigan
ehuntington.org
Ivanka? She should run for a senate seat in 22 and pull an Obama.
I know I'm going to get some snappy comebacks from this question, but whatever.

How are the Trump kids qualified for the office of President? I don't even know what they stand for. Ivanka and Jared seem like corporate democrats. Don Jr seems happy "owning the libs", but I don't know what any of his policy positions would be.

MrMephistoX

May 18, 2007
I know I'm going to get some snappy comebacks from this question, but whatever.

How are the Trump kids qualified for the office of President? I don't even know what they stand for. Ivanka and Jared seem like corporate democrats. Don Jr seems happy "owning the libs", but I don't know what any of his policy positions would be.
I honestly didn’t vote for him but she’s got massive sex appeal a brain and her daddy’s name. She’s basically white Obama and a way better messenger for her dad’s policies. Harris like Obama is also a two year senator which is why I’d suggest she actually win a senate seat before running. Don Jr is an idiot.

Last edited: