• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who has the best 1st parties now ? Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo

Who has the best 1st parties ?

• Microsoft

Votes: 125 19.9%
  • Nintendo

Votes: 211 33.5%
  • Sony

Votes: 293 46.6%

• Total voters

Hostile_18

Banned
Why so many dumb threads all of sudden?

Which exclusive better is all personal preference. Seriously guys, you all need to stop these dumb threads.

Of course but it's interesting to see which is more popular by general consensus based purely on exclusives alone IMO. Dosnt make an individual's answer right or wrong.

Nintendo, and I don't even own a Switch. Aside from Bloodborne and DS, none of Sony's exclusives appeal to me, and I care even less about Microsoft's. I'm sure I'll end up playing TES6 at some point, but I'll probably just wait until I can snipe the GOTY edition with all the DLC for 15 bucks like I did with Skyrim.

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Why so many dumb threads all of sudden?

Which exclusive better is all personal preference. Seriously guys, you all need to stop these dumb threads.
Cry me a riiiiiver lol.
A poll shows exactly "personal preferences", nothing more.

Up to You to comment, analyze...

First thing we can see with the results is that Microsoft is Not far behind the others like before.

IP or studios?

Outside of id and Arkane, I wouldn't argue that any of the acquired teams are superior to the mainstays in the competitors' catalogs.

ES, Fallout, and DOOM are massive entries that definitely tip the scales away from Sony. Harder to compare with Nintendo, but I'd argue it has the same effect.

Love how ppl are acting like Microsoft now has exclusive first party games because it just money-hatted another developer into releasing their future games after 2021 on Xbox and PC , with possibly some timed exclusivity shenenigans on some titles.

Love how they are getting the credit for games that have yet to release / have any gameplay shown of them / are just names at this point in time, even though these game may very well be terrible , just like Fallout 76 was...

Think it would be fair to compare these companies on exclusives that they made / have released / are releasing soon, not on games not coming for another three years, and which might be absolutely terrible for all we know...

Also , it's a little sad how a company can just buy a company and immediately people act like all the previous games in a series are magically "Exclusive to that console" in their mindset... Even though all these past games were all multi-platform and we have no guaranteed the sequels will be any good anyway.

Guess I really hate when a mega-corporation gets credit from the past achievements of a game company when they had absolutely nothing to do with it, and they just bribed their way into having first party titles. Like Disney buying Lucasfilm and then claiming they are responsible for star wars when all they did was to spend their billions on getting a franchise so they could run it to the ground by inept decisions.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Before the acquisition it was Xbox. As few as their exclusives were this gen I still liked more of them than Sony games. After they bought 7 studios with several of them catering to WRPGs, my favorite genre and now with BGS famous for epic WRPGs and really FUN action games and shooters with great gameplay, it's no contest.

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Nintendo is the only one I believe can completely support a console with only its first party, but MS is definitely trying to change that with these acquisitions
They all can.
Microsoft has 23 studios now...
And maybe polish, asian studios soon.

Nintendo
Sony
MS

I don't think that should be that surprising or controversial. The real question is, do all 3 now have an attractive enough setup to make owning them worthwhile? I think the answer to that is finally now, yes. Whether you include PC or Xbox, I now feel like playing games from all 3.

vpance

Love how ppl are acting like Microsoft now has exclusive first party games because it just money-hatted another developer into releasing their future games after 2021 on Xbox and PC , with possibly some timed exclusivity shenenigans on some titles.

Love how they are getting the credit for games that have yet to release / have any gameplay shown of them / are just names at this point in time.

Think it would be fair to compare these companies on exclusives that they made / have released / are releasing soon, not on games not coming for another three years.

Agree with ya. But that's all according to MS playbook, and that's why they dropped the news the day before preorders go live.

CobraAB

Sony

Microsoft

Never owned a Nintendo console or handheld so I can’t honestly vote on them.

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
Microsoft finally admitted to themselfs that they cant make aaa first party titles that rival sony or nintendo.

So the did the next best thing which is buying up a publisher that puts out decent games ans lock them in as first party.

Thats the lazy way if you ask me.

But i am happy for this cuz finally we have competition and it will force sony to raise the bar once again.

Otherwise we will end up with lgbt spiderman and remakes gallore.

Fbh

Pretty close.

From Sony I like:
-Santa Monica
-Sucker Punch
-Insomniac
-Guerilla
-Japan Studio

From MS I like:
-Id
-Arkane
-Obsidian
- Ninja Theory.

From Nintendo I like:
-Monolith
- Nintendo EPD
-Retro.

Overall I'd still go with Sony. But MS getting close, they essentially doubled their studios I like today

Last edited:
Sony but that can potentially change. really comes down with what MS does with zeni.

if they allow them to be completely autonomous and we get another fallout 76 well then there's your answer
Hey, Bethesda would have cost 15billion $ if fallout 76 was not released (and the new doom was 1/10th as goon as doom 2016).

Still, there is potential for greatness in the studios MS bought... only time will tell if they let them bloom or if they are about to make 15 rare/343 studios.

Sota4077

The scores are very close right now.

Well done, Phil. Find a way to buy From Software and you'll win the contest.

Everyone keeps talking about them buying another publisher which I doubt will ever happen. But I 100% expect them to buy more studios. I hope Asobo is one of them.

Jtibh

Banned
None
Pretty close.

From Sony I like:
-Santa Monica
-Sucker Punch
-Insomniac
-Guerilla
-Japan Studio

From MS I like:
-Id
-Arkane
-Obsidian
- Ninja Theory.

From Nintendo I like:
-Monolith
- Nintendo EPD
-Retro.

Overall I'd still go with Sony. But MS getting close, they essentially doubled their studios I like today
None of you give props to sony bend.
Days gone is just as good as the rest but due to liberal lunatics it got a bad press.
Plus team ninja with nioh...

Sony is now the souls and japanese rpg machine and xbox is west rpg though lets be frank. 2021 is already packed for sony but i highly highly doubt you will see anything from bethesda in 2021.

2022 will be the year of battle of exclusives.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I still think Sony has the best first party games in terms of quality...sales aside.

however, we need to see what this gen will bring for Microsoft.

i still think nintendo has the better overall 1st parties...they are just classics
MS has the most varied
Sony make some pretty good third person action adventure games

Top Bottom