• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who let butbutbuthurt fanboys to become coward mods here hiding behind "Mod Team"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
P.s. i proudly use the light theme, fight me you dark cunts:messenger_kissing_smiling:
200.gif

There is. There is actually a designated console war thunderdome thread. I think a mod even made it(?) so people can go hog wild saying what they want.

Hardly anyone used it.
We have to go back in time to a wonderful place called Antagonist that aol had to get that glory back.

PhaseJump

Banned
Facebook and it's affiliates go down, and the kids go crazy.

Quick. Hide the laundry detergent, and get Phil Spencer on the phone to tell him to get to a panic room. Preferably one with a shelf full of random Sega toys behind his desk.

Hinedorf

Banned
Imagine having an opinion that is clearly within the rules be axed and then responded to in a belittling manner.

When you spend time on these forums and have passionate opinions sometimes they may not agree with everybody, that's completely understandable. How the mods react is that of the HR Department at Activision/Blizzard, not saying I agree with either side, but I've seen the "Management" of this place in need of their own moderating.

You want to censor somebody, fine, just communicate it respectfully

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Imagine having an opinion that is clearly within the rules be axed and then responded to in a belittling manner.

When you spend time on these forums and have passionate opinions sometimes they may not agree with everybody, that's completely understandable. How the mods react is that of the HR Department at Activision/Blizzard, not saying I agree with either side, but I've seen the "Management" of this place in need of their own moderating.

You want to censor somebody, fine, just communicate it respectfully
395ys3.png

phil_t98

#SonyToo
While the OP threw a lot of unnecessary shade, the overall point is still valid. It isn't about being owed anything. It's about arbitrary post deletions with months-long warnings because you said something that the specific moderator didn't like. I have a three month long warning that doesn't expire until November because I said the Switch has sub-par graphics due to having sub-par hardware (compared to PS4+/Xbox One+). I own a Switch. That isn't console warring. It's simple a fact, and an obvious one at that.

The warnings force you to acknowledge it, but there's no option to dispute it. And they don't tell you who did it so you can't reach out and ask what was wrong with what you posted. Arbitrary moderation is a fact of life when it comes to forums, but some of these post deletions and warnings are just abuse of power with no opportunity for recourse for the individual who gets warned or banned.

If a mod/admin reads this, I'm not trying to attack or slam you guys, but I hope you'll have some internal talks about this because I feel like you guys are letting the pendulum swing too far the other direction. I'm completely onboard with shutting down console warring, but I think there needs to be some internal discussion about what actual console warring looks like. That is just my two cents.

that's how the console war always starts , I own this or I own that and there bash it to hell. same as I aint racist but............

if people don't have anything good to say about something then why say it? just leave it and move on to things you like

Buggy Loop

that's how the console war always starts , I own this or I own that and there bash it to hell. same as I aint racist but............

if people don't have anything good to say about something then why say it? just leave it and move on to things you like

Billionaire corporations tribalism is quite puzzling. Tribalism seems it's inherent to every human aspects, sport teams, political parties, your car's manufacturer, the city you live in versus the ones ones, etc. A step back in general is required to detach yourself from such trivial shits.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

I think this is the wrong mindset. The issue lately is that people have stopped framing any discussion in the realm of constructive. Everything is either to the extreme or drive by/shit posting level.

I actually think this "purge" is long overdue. People show their true colors and are given far more chances than any other forum I am apart of and I think its a disservice to the rest of the community.

Fahdis

Lol, I received some system warring posts when they literally are passionate misplaced jokes with a hint of seriousness. I have a Switch that I sometimes play and is owned by my wife yet I talk shit about Nintendo the most. I've had a PlayStation system every gen until now. And I have never bought an Xbox.

I've been cloud gaming since the last year since I dont even have a PC. Personally, don't give a shit about any console or company. If they are doing shady shit or the community is just being odd, Im the black sheep and I know I give out the unpopular opinion, but its not worth a warning or ban.

I think personally the Mods are good people, but can be objectively wrong at times. Some mods are actually pretty great. But please guys calm down. Also, since discovering cloud services I now do storefront seething and port begging in my mind instead.

Besides, I like NeoGaf because there is freedom to post your opinions. Reeee is literally fundamentally a Nazi death camp where one wrong word out of the mindhive is sending you to the gulags for a silent execution.

Last edited:

xiskza

I just hope the mod team doesn't go too far in the other direction. Getting rid of a subforum entirely, rubbed me the wrong way. It always starts like that, they seem small changes, little by little, and you end up with a tyrannical "no differing opinions" allowed like the REE forum where a moderate is now a far-right fascist nazi (they always project themselves onto others).
Let's not forget that this forum not long ago was pretty much dead, and it was resurrected because people were allowed free speech on any topic and share their opinions on anything without feeling they were walking on eggshells. It was refreshing, and Evil assured us things would remain that way.
Sure some warring is annoying, but there is a very thin line between warring, criticism and joking, and from what I've seen in the complaints shared here, things haven't always been differentiated that well.

Last edited:
gaming forum would be dead!
Not completely but it would likely center around retro discussion.

Let’s face it, gaming discussion is basically system wars anyway, just let it run free. The worst posters will still get banned but it would be a relief for other posters.

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
I think this is the wrong mindset. The issue lately is that people have stopped framing any discussion in the realm of constructive. Everything is either to the extreme or drive by/shit posting level.

I actually think this "purge" is long overdue. People show their true colors and are given far more chances than any other forum I am apart of and I think its a disservice to the rest of the community.

having something constructive to say isn’t saying anything bad in my point of view, the problem we have been having on the forum is people trying to downplay any facts about games/hardware/subscription services etc with out any evidence to back up their claims or people making things up and thinking it’s fact

asking questions about something or saying how something could be better is always good

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
having something constructive to say isn’t saying anything bad in my point of view, the problem we have been having on the forum is people trying to downplay any facts about games/hardware/subscription services etc with out any evidence to back up their claims or people making things up and thinking it’s fact

asking questions about something or saying how something could be better is always good
People love their circumstantial evidence on the internet, theres no doubt about that, I am guilty of it myself. I agree that people like to think their opinion is fact, and that is their right, but displaying/giving your opinion while constantly expressing it in an irate and overblown manner is not constructive.

I think we agree but have different methods of achieving a sense of respect and openness to others ideas.

Last edited:
The only thing that should be modded or warned is racism and sexism. Other obviously offensive shit.

Everything else should be a go. Let us talk shit.

Not really. Do you know how annoying it is when idiots fight (digitally)? Watching two idiots make disingenuous claims back and forth derailing threads is lame. That shit will run off intelligent folks who want to talk games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom