• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Who makes the best T- shirt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

Dec 6, 2008
I used to love American Apparel but their tees haven't been the up to snuff for the price.

I need to replace my current rotation.

Any recs?

Sep 7, 2015
Dang. American Apparel's The Summer Shirt is by far the best & most comfortable tee I own. I got mine as a one-off Kickstarter reward and I've been wanting to buy more.

The quality has gone down lately? That's a bummer. Guess I'll tag in and see if there's a consensus about a good shirt.

AlexMogil

Aug 6, 2007
JCPenny's Stafford Heavyweight Combed Cotton.

I mean, if you're just looking for white.

NewFresh

Aug 26, 2009
Me
I was actually just trying to find this out as well. Just want some plain white crew neck tees for less than $10 a shirt.

Kayhan

Dec 5, 2008

bjork

Jun 8, 2004
Dickies. I can wash these things like 275x and they still feel good and don't fray.

Jun 7, 2007
Scotch & Soda.

Good quality, nice designs and perfect fit.

Don't know if anyone knows them outside of Europe though.

demosthenes

May 17, 2009
Target doesn't seem to be carrying them much anymore, but their Merona Ultimate Men's T.

They have a good fit and are super soft.

They still have these? I love these shirts and was just thinking about making this thread because I need new ones and I haven't seen them.

Edit, oh I read wrong 😥

nilbog21

Banned
Jan 8, 2009
Bang for ur buck, I like the American Eagle ones

Merona or whatever the target brand is I'd an abomination

nillah

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
A tshirt that automatically sprays your pits with good scents through skin on cloth activation

singhr1

May 30, 2014
Do you care about just quality or fitting as well? The latter obviously depends on your build and would be good to know

Summer Haze

Banned
Jun 10, 2014
I always have trouble buying shirts because of my long-ass back. I have a slim, lanky build, so my t-shirts always ride up at the back and lift up at the front whenever I lift my arms up. It's fucking annoying. I just want a t shirt that is longer, but not larger.

Doc_Drop

May 7, 2014
Nottingham,UK
Over the last couple of decades skateboard company tees have wildly varied in quality but Element seem to always get it right for me. The shirts always fit well in the various styles and have designs from super in your face to really smart subtle designs.

fwpx

Nov 5, 2013
Old Navy/Gap/Banana Republic are all fine. I am very picky about tshirts.

moozoom

May 6, 2009
Near Paris, France
Uniqlo are the best quality clothes I own.

Been machine washed countless times and they don't lose the fit or discolor. Even the graphic t-shirt prints stay perfect, the designs don't crack or peel off unlike many other brands. In the basic line of t-shirts they have multi colored v-neck and round neck that are nice.

On another note, their underwear is great too. Their "seamless" line is incredibly comfortable.

Last American apparel t-shirt I bought was 35€ and was almost destroyed after one wash. The neck lost all form and the print crackled.

Red

Feb 16, 2008
Pretty much all I wear anymore are Ralph Lauren shirts. They look good, fit well, and are the most comfortable I've tried. They're comfy and easy to wear. For whatever reason it seems to be a coin flip as to whether or not they'll shrink or stretch after a few washes. Some do, some don't, even if they are all from the same pack. I've learned it's best to wash them cold and hang dry.

PackerinMN

Feb 15, 2009
Minneapolis
I always have trouble buying shirts because of my long-ass back. I have a slim, lanky build, so my t-shirts always ride up at the back and lift up at the front whenever I lift my arms up. It's fucking annoying. I just want a t shirt that is longer, but not larger.
I have to buy all shirts in Tall sizes. Otherwise everyone sees my ass all day.

NewFresh

Aug 26, 2009
Me
Uniqlo are the best quality clothes I own.

Been machine washed countless times and they don't lose the fit or discolor. Even the graphic t-shirt prints stay perfect, the designs don't crack or peel off unlike many other brands. In the basic line of t-shirts they have multi colored v-neck and round neck that are nice.

On another note, their underwear is great too. Their "seamless" line is incredibly comfortable.

Last American apparel t-shirt I bought was 35€ and was almost destroyed after one wash. The neck lost all form and the print crackled.

Free shipping right now too. Which shirt in particular are you referring to?

acohrs

Jan 13, 2015
Dublin
Depends, when I want a normal fitted tee, GAP. When I want a big old tee like a 2000 rapper, gildan or hanes

Satanic Panic

Jul 2, 2014
I had to stop buying American Apparel too. I would get the packs of 3, but it seemed like each shirt fit differently. Then I started to gain weight and I realized these shirts are meant for skinny people.

If you have a JCPenney near, I usually find a well fitting shirt on their sale rack. I think the DC brand, even though it's skater wear, tends to fit nicely and comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.