• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

who should be the guest character for Soul Calibur 6?

If this thread isn't warranted then please close. As the topic title says, i wonder who GAF thinks should be a guest character for SC6.

Honestly, I want to see guts as a guest. Someone like him makes since in the SC world. Plus, I would love to recreate that death battle between him and nightmare. Another possibility could be william from NIOH as he to feels right at home with the SC world.

Thoughts?

ExpandKong

Banned
Featuring Dante From The Devil May Cry Series.

I would love it if Link was in again but this hasn’t been announced for Switch yet huh.

Durask

2B from Nier Automata looks like a natural fit.

For Switch you could do a Driver with a Blade as one character.

-hadouken

Feng Wei from Tekken. Loved having Tekken's Heihachi Machima in SCII.

fengwei-ttt2-yamashita.jpg

The girl from Code of Princess.
She looks great, knows how to swing a sword and her look fits in with the SC medieval theme.
5-1.jpg

One of the DoA girls who knows how to use weapons (Kasumi, Ayane or Momiji) would be ok too.

Audioout

Travis Touchdown though I'm being completely unrealistic. His dialog with the other characters would be hilarious.

Alx

For Xbox, a Fable character could be cool. Either the not-too-iconic bland hero, or Jack of Blades.
fablefortune1280jpg-653567_1280w.jpg

Maybe "the witcher guy", I'm not too familiar with the game, but he's recognizable and popular.
the-witcher-wild-hunt-geralt-of-rivia-statue-prime1-feature-902851-1.jpg

I wouldn't be against 2B as a guest character...

..but I feel like the guest character gimmick is old hat now, especially in the wake of Tekken 7, which essentially beat Soul Calibur at it's own game.
I'd rather them put in old favorites like Hwang than give up spots for Captain Phasma or whatever.

Last edited:

Espada

The director already mentioned to look forward to the guest character, and it's a key part of the series at this point.

Anyway, I think we'll probably get Geralt if they're not doing platform exclusive guests. Witcher 3 has been a phenomenal success, and his look and weapons fit perfectly with the world and fantasy of Soul Calibur.

e0n

I'm guessing a Dark Souls character since it's a multiplatform game with an upcoming remaster. 2B seems possible too, because of the armor break mechanic.

Pejo

If I had my way, it'd be 2B and Joker (Persona 5).

It's probably going to be Dad of War with his Axe (and son) and whoever is the main character of Gears of War now (still Marcus?) with the lancer gun

ReBurn

Gold Member
I kinda hope there aren't any guest characters unless they fit with the theme of the game. It always seemed like a cheap cash grab to get people to buy multiple copies instead of something intended to improve the quality of the game.

I kinda hope there aren't any guest characters unless they fit with the theme of the game. It always seemed like a cheap cash grab to get people to buy multiple copies instead of something intended to improve the quality of the game.
Were there any console-exclusive ones after SCII? I remember Yoda and Vader were available as DLC on the opposite platform.

EDIT: And Geralt would be a good choice

Last edited:

KiteGr

Bloodborne Hunter
I'm guessing a Dark Souls character since it's a multiplatform game with an upcoming remaster. 2B seems possible too, because of the armor break mechanic.
Reinhardt!

header_reinhardt_charge.jpg
Maybe "the witcher guy", I'm not too familiar with the game, but he's recognizable and popular.
the-witcher-wild-hunt-geralt-of-rivia-statue-prime1-feature-902851-1.jpg

A Yarnam Hunter, a Sun Bro, Reinhart and Gerald would fit like a glove!
The girl from Code of Princess.
She looks great, knows how to swing a sword and her look fits in with the SC medieval theme.
5-1.jpg

One of the DoA girls who knows how to use weapons (Kasumi, Ayane or Momiji) would be ok too.
Does she start with her armor already removed?
Bayonetta.

The announcer announces her the winner before the match even begins, every time.
To overpowerd. They'll nerf her to be more balanced with the other characters, and people will complain that she feel clunky compared to her game due to the reduced mobility.

Top Bottom