• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who the hell actually plays Roblox?

Do you play Roblox?

• Yes, of course I play Roblox.

Votes: 16 6.4%
  • I have never played it.

Votes: 146 58.6%
  • I don't even know what it is.

Votes: 87 34.9%

• Total voters

Bragr

Banned
It got 164 million active users and the only people I ever hear talk about it is weird 8-year-old girls that haven't discovered The Sims yet.

Where do all these people come from? how is this bigger than LOL and WOW yet no one seems to ever talk about it? I know there are some Asian games and mobile games that have massive audiences, but this is supposed to be Western-centric and on the scale of Minecraft in terms of popularity.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i don't know WTF it is. i googled it once but still had no idea WTF i was looking at.

people at my work talk about their kids playing it. i assume it's something like fortnite/minecraft but worse. i enjoy the occasional fortnite/minecraft but roblox baffles me.

JCK75

Kids - I don't care for it but my son is nuts over it (he's 8)
it is kind of cool having a wide range of games to play at the press of a button

Tiny Tanks is the only one I find actually fun.

Barakov

Gold Member
It got 164 million active users and the only people I ever hear talk about it is weird 8-year-old girls that haven't discovered The Sims yet.

Where do all these people come from? how is this bigger than LOL and WOW yet no one seems to ever talk about it? I know there are some Asian games and mobile games that have massive audiences, but this is supposed to be Western-centric and on the scale of Minecraft in terms of popularity.
I actually had to look it up to see what it was. Seems like it's a cross between legos and minecraft whose intended audience is funko pop enthusiasts. Seems like it's even more degenerate than second life was/is.

The Fartist

Gold Member
i don't know WTF it is. i googled it once but still had no idea WTF i was looking at.

people at my work talk about their kids playing it. i assume it's something like fortnite/minecraft but worse. i enjoy the occasional fortnite/minecraft but roblox baffles me.
Well that's because you're 13, duh.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Kids, my kids don’t even play it and I’ve never played yet they know exactly what it is from YouTube videos.

surprise! Kids don't give a fuck to old names!

it's one of these "games" where you can create anything with your friends. It's actually a tool to create interactive environments, there are tons of them out there: minicrap, rec room, Dreams... kids go all day long inside them making Lego sandcastles... this is bigger than AAA gaming and these kids will grow without understanding that games need challenges, goals, rewards and will sue you and ban from forums if you suggest otherwise...

I've never touched it but, my 11 year old daughter loves it. I have 12 and 15 year old daughters that have moved on but sometimes revisit their friends. Though right now Among Us is more of the game of choice in our house.

You don't have enough 10 years old in your circle of friends.

vanillaFace

Neo Member
My son (about to be 9) plays it everyday. He's playing rn actually. My daughter used to play it (16). I made an account so I could play a CoD spinoff with them. It was actually pretty amazing.

JLB

Banned
Roblox is huge, at Minecrat levels. Every single friend of my kid plays it. Every single kid of my friends play it as well.

JLB

Banned
My son (about to be 9) plays it everyday. He's playing rn actually. My daughter used to play it (16). I made an account so I could play a CoD spinoff with them. It was actually pretty amazing.

yeap, same boat. Roblox + Discord is like a drug for kids nowadays.

It's also free and can run on computers with horrendously outdated hardware. People like free, and a lot of people can go a decade without upgrading their computers

dispensergoinup

Gold Member
That's kind of a rude picture.

Yeah my nephews play it, seem to have a lot of fun too.

They actually wanted Robux or whatever the currency is for when they finish chores. Still don't know what it is, an engine that can be modded to play a lot of types of games? Neat for them.

My nephews play it, they're around the age of 10. One time when they were over a couple years ago they all brought their laptops and had a Roblox lan party in my living room, they were playing a Roblox version of Black Ops zombies. Looked so crappy to me but they were having an absolute blast.

Last edited:

SirTerry-T

My lad plays it and loves it because he's judging the game on what he wants from it, rather than what is perceived to be a good game or bad game by elitist video game forums.
Ahhhh, to be that young and innocent again.

Top Bottom