Who was the worst Looney Tune character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
#1
Excluding Lola.

With all the Looney Toon topics, I have to ask, who do you think was the worst?



Taz, for me. He was a late-comer, and why I have nothing against his cartoons, his popularity in recent years I think has kind of retroactively ruined the character, since he seems to be the most marketed character and I always see him used on ironic t-shirts that fat girls are wearing. He's like the Poochy of Looney Toons. He's a pretty limited character too, being unable to talk (and not being able to pull it off like Wile E. Coyote) and he's pretty one-note, the main humor point being his ability to spin and "attitude".

Tweety is pretty bad for most of the same reasons.
 
#3
Tweety Bird.

Always such a bland, no-personality character that somehow became a popular merchandising icon in the 90s.

Ladies, you do realize that Tweety Bird is male, right?
 
#5
Tweety Bird is a good answer, I think. I can think of so many classic shorts when it comes to other characters but I can't think of a single one for Tweety.
 
#6
AbsoluteZero said:
Ladies, you do realize that Tweety Bird is male, right?
Can women not like something that is male?
I love Eeyore. Lots of other women do, too. Should we not because he's not female? I don't understand.
 
#8
Tweety Bird... Totally. He sucks. Also, I hate Foghorn Leghorn.

but the old-school Tasmanian Devil cartoons were great! When bugs is reading the encyclopedia that lists all the animals Tasmanian devils eat, and he is naming all these animals and then you hear the devil say in this deep voice "...rabbits." lol total classic



Here is the episode: Devil May Hare (1954)
 

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
#9
Leunam said:
Tweety Bird is a good answer, I think. I can think of so many classic shorts when it comes to other characters but I can't think of a single one for Tweety.
The ones where he was pink and they had the Abbot and Costello-cats. Loved those.

But they were the main stars, not Tweety.
 
#12
AbsoluteZero said:
Tweety Bird.

Always such a bland, no-personality character that somehow became a popular merchandising icon in the 90s.

Ladies, you do realize that Tweety Bird is male, right?
Tweety Bird is a fucking prick.

He actively antagonizes Sylvester for no reason other than to play the victim when people or dogs are watching. Wasn't a single time I didn't want Tweety to be brutally murdered and eaten.

The difference between him and road runner is that I see RR as more of a force of nature, not an active participant in the shenanigans. While I still tended to cheer more for Wile E at least his consequences were only ever a result of his own actions.
 

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
#17
Speedy Gonzalez

Not because of ethnic stereotypes (I actually dug his lazy friends/cousins), he and his shorts just were never that funny.
 
#19
Aeana said:
Can women not like something that is male?
I love Eeyore. Lots of other women do, too. Should we not because he's not female? I don't understand.
It just bothers me because most of what you see him on usually involves very feminine designs, colors, and taglines. It's so confusing.
 
#25


Let's give this dubious honor to the character who starred in the final original Looney Tunes short: Cool Cat. With the Looney Tunes glory days long gone and the traditional opening re-worked to reflect the Warner Bros./Seven-Arts merger, Cool Cat presided over the coup de grâce with 1969's "Injun Trouble", which is as classy as it sounds. Thanks for nothing, Cool Cat.

FnordChan
 
#26
levious said:
Speedy Gonzalez

Not because of ethnic stereotypes (I actually dug his lazy friends/cousins), he and his shorts just were never that funny.
Speedy had a cousin, Slowpoke Rodriguez.

And I always disliked Pepe Le Pew.
 

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
#33
Rabbitwork said:


i have never liked this character or his cartoons.

i dont see what you cant dig about a French skunk rapist?


i dont like Tweety. Taz I can live with. Porky is only funny when he's paired up with Daffy, sometimes.
 
#39
Tazmanian devil because of all the redneck shirts and decals and shit he inspired in the early 90s. Plus the character is just stupid.

Foghorn Leghorn because all of the shorts featuring him were fucking dumb.
 
#40
I like Pepe Lepew! I mean, come on! A french skunk who aggressively tries to charm cats who can't stand how bad he smells... it's creative!

The Tiny Toons version was far less creepy... probably because she's a girl, and thus fails to give the rapist vibe.
 
#43
AbsoluteZero said:
Ladies, you do realize that Tweety Bird is male, right?
This has never been said. Even in the new cartoon the writers fucked with the audience by acting like they were going to finally say which sex Tweet is. He whispered it and they trolled everyone.
 

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
#46
richiek said:
Wow, I'm surprised there's no mention of Lola Bunny yet.

"excluding Lola"



I see a little of Sarkozy's facial expression in Pepe Le Pew, probably just me...
 
#49
FnordChan said:


Let's give this dubious honor to the character who starred in the final original Looney Tunes short: Cool Cat. With the Looney Tunes glory days long gone and the traditional opening re-worked to reflect the Warner Bros./Seven-Arts merger, Cool Cat presided over the coup de grâce with 1969's "Injun Trouble", which is as classy as it sounds. Thanks for nothing, Cool Cat.

FnordChan
Didn't you see the episode where Cool Cat became a huge success in college because the bee kept stinging him? That was a good one.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.