• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whore of the Orient gameplay footage leaked

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Team Bondi are technical wizards and scenario geniuses I tell ya. The fire fights from L.A. Noire made my stomach stir from the high octane intensity caused by a clunky cover system and gun play from the PS2 era. The on foot chases that have no challenge or actual platforming are fantastic in execution.

I agree. I'm personally impressed with the auto-aiming after hiding behind cover. Masterful.

It seems like a pitch prototype than anything, it doesn't look spectacular, but I think they wanted to point out that the game is on open world game with chases, gun and melee combat set in some sort of Asian inspired city. AKA Sleeping Dogs clone.

Team Bondi are technical wizards and scenario geniuses I tell ya. The fire fights from L.A. Noire made my stomach stir from the high octane intensity caused by a clunky cover system and gun play from the PS2 era. The on foot chases that have no challenge or actual platforming are fantastic in execution.

Because people never improve from experience or learn how to improve on their craft.

JABEE

This footage probably wasn't meant for public consumption. Also, what do they mean by acquired the footage? Did they purchase the footage?

MormaPope

Banned
FFS NEOGaf, you know what pre alpha means. Don't be stupid.

The game actually looks nice visually, besides the animations. The gameplay and scenarios shown give me no confidence in what the game could turn out to be. Doubling down on the weakest elements of L.A. Noire doesn't bode well.

Because people never improve from experience or learn how to improve on their craft.

I don't have a lot of faith in Team Bondi when it comes to combat encounters.

Lime

White guy beating up Chinese people in a game called 'Whore of the Orient' - what a great concept

Its an alpha, but the scenery looks great (like the best thing for me about LA Noire).
Still they need to learn from United Front Games to make the fighting like in sleeping dogs becuase now it looks really clunky (yeah I know alpha).

eXistor

I'm assuming this is pre-alpha stuff otherwise...yikes. I never really followed this game, but is it a detective game like LA Noire or just straight up open world action ala Sleeping Dogs?

saladine1

Yeah, some reactions here are a little ridiculous. Obviously the game isn't ready.

Love the setting by the way. More non US settings are always welcome..

JDSN

Banned
Christ, considering the people whining about the title here its only a matter of time before they change it. Fuck Bondi for assuming that people know what it means.

Looks about as promising as L.A Noire with the financial security of Precursor Games. Which is to say: not very.
Come on guys, this reaction is pretty sad. It's clearly pre-alpha/prototype footage.
And they were stupid enough to leak it so we can judge it. Moving on.

jdmonmou

wow, those animations were PS2 level.

Yep, they did look kind of janky. I hope that this is a very early build because I am intrigued by the setting. I'm hoping that this game will be 10x better than LA Noire which was a little underwhelming for an open world game.

nikos

Looks like it has/had promise.

Reading alot of responses ITT reminds me why 99% of the time we get no real insight into the development process of games. Obviously not finished, specifically mentioned as leaked WIP trailer that nobody outside the company is meant to see -> omg the animations, the aliasing etc.

Sadness.

This, exactly.

No_Style

Looks like it has/had promise.

Reading alot of responses ITT reminds me why 99% of the time we get no real insight into the development process of games. Obviously not finished, specifically mentioned as leaked WIP trailer that nobody outside the company is meant to see -> omg the animations, the aliasing etc.

Sadness.

Requoting based on thread comments after this post.

Haunted

Looks standard enough.

People criticising animations or jankiness need to learn how development works.

Xater

Interesting setting but it doesn't look like it was trying to do anything interesting when it comes to the gameplay.

You know how sometimes you see "leaked footage" and you know it is really a marketing department letting stuff out to build hype for their game?

Yeah, sometimes that isn't what happens.

Hey, y'know what everyone really liked about LA Noire? The cover-based shooting and scripted chase sequences. Our next game should have way more of that, and also kung fu fighting.

Top Bottom