• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who's Serafitia,Mina,Kitsune and countless other legendary posters?I wanna know plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjork

Red Scarlet said:
bjork I found some weird new things in castlevania and am trying them out if you will be around later on.

good shit, I should be around later tonight.

as far as sera goes, she claimed that she came to so cal and looked around places near here, etc. Nothing big to tell, as I don't even know if it's true or not.

MC Safety

bjork said:
good shit, I should be around later tonight.

as far as sera goes, she claimed that she came to so cal and looked around places near here, etc. Nothing big to tell, as I don't even know if it's true or not.

Just a guess: He was lying.

Kuramu

Futami fights Gannon. I think Futami edited his original post, but he was quoted so nothing really lost. I have it saved because i was the lucky bastard who pointed out the gannon thing

http://www.paulkramm.com/junkdrawer/gaf/futami_zelda1.htm
http://www.paulkramm.com/junkdrawer/gaf/futami_zelda2.htm

Futami: "... actually I did play Zelda MM. I made it to the final form of ganon and lost interest. I have since sold the game. Don't be presume my contempt for nintendi is unfounded. it's well grounded in my familiarity with their reliance on boring franchises."

Mato

But DoobyDoo, he has played the games... look:

"... actually I did play Zelda MM. I made it to the final form of ganon and lost interest. I have since sold the game. Don't be presume my contempt for nintendi is unfounded. it's well grounded in my familiarity with their reliance on boring franchises."

Heh futami was entertaining, too bad I wasn't around back then

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Diablos said:
I'm definitely not.

Anyway.

Wasn't Dominus the guy who said he had a bunch of PS2 games but really didn't, and when he said he'd show photos for proof, he went to another forum and asked people to make a picture holding up a sign that said something?

That was one of the best moments ever, when he got caught :lol

Was TK Mai a joke account?
Also, what happened to PHREDD? Too many pretzels?

Are you confusing Dominus with Gigadent?

AlphaSnake

I love these golden-age threads we have. Brings out some of the oldest GAF members and memories. I wish we could still have fun like that...these GAF noobs just don't cut it.

"I love these golden-age threads we have. Brings out some of the oldest GAF members and memories. I wish we could still have fun like that...these GAF noobs just don't cut it."

Yeah, more posters need to do things like give The Bouncer a 10/10.

AlphaSnake

Teknopathetic said:
"I love these golden-age threads we have. Brings out some of the oldest GAF members and memories. I wish we could still have fun like that...these GAF noobs just don't cut it."

Yeah, more posters need to do things like give The Bouncer a 10/10.

8.9 dammit. =(

That game still rocks. It's like Streets of Rage with insane graphics. It's still one amazing looking game even today.

Edit: http://www.psxextreme.com/ps2-screenshots/21.html It's aged very well, imo. One of the best looking last-gen games.

AlphaSnake said:
8.9 dammit. =(

That game still rocks. It's like Streets of Rage with insane graphics. It's still one amazing looking game even today.

Edit: http://www.psxextreme.com/ps2-screenshots/21.html It's aged very well, imo. One of the best looking last-gen games.

here is a taste of Our Very own AlphaSnakes review of the game:

"Wow, talk about your Emotion Engine! Mine is running high because of the visuals I'm witnessing here, I could swear that Dream Factory has used the same technology that created Toy Story, and have implemented it on the PS2"

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

AlphaSnake

Kabuki Waq said:
here is a taste of Our Very own AlphaSnakes review of the game:

"Wow, talk about your Emotion Engine! Mine is running high because of the visuals I'm witnessing here, I could swear that Dream Factory has used the same technology that created Toy Story, and have implemented it on the PS2"

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I'm a GAF living legend. :lol

\m/>_<\m/

This is my Shenmue. My 6.8. My 7.9. I take it with stride.

Joe Molotov

Kuramu said:
Futami fights Gannon. I think Futami edited his original post, but he was quoted so nothing really lost. I have it saved because i was the lucky bastard who pointed out the gannon thing

Futami: "... actually I did play Zelda MM. I made it to the final form of ganon and lost interest. I have since sold the game. Don't be presume my contempt for nintendi is unfounded. it's well grounded in my familiarity with their reliance on boring franchises."

Futami said:
The point of this thread was to call upon Nintendo to take a new direction.

Prophetic!

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Okay, we confess... there are only three folks on GAF.

Myself, Drinky Crow, and you.

That explains a lot, now doesn't it?

Gruco

Banned
The best parts about the old futami thread were 1) it was back when there were still sigs, and 2) there were All Your Base sigs!

And yeah, what the hell happened to Darkshire?

:p

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Gruco said:
The best parts about the old futami thread was 1) it was back when there were still sigs, and 2) there were All Your Base sigs!

And yeah, what the hell happened to Darkshire?

:p
Darkshire became a FFXI addict.

Kuramu

Just thought i'd mention the Hyperspace thread. It was one of our biggest back then, wasn't it? I don't remember why. I have it saved somewhere if anyone wants to read it.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Kuramu said:

Even though he swears up and down that it wasn't him, I'm convinced that -SolidSnake- in this thread is SSx before he "switched allegiances." The posting style is dead on.

ethelred

CoolTrick said:
Wait, Hitokage is a mod? Didn't he used to be a rabid PS2 fanboy?

No, Hito's neither rabid nor a fanboy. And what does it mean to be a "PS2 fanboy" anyway? The PS2 has been the most successful game console ever; why wouldn't someone be a fan of it?

ethelred said:
No, Hito's neither rabid nor a fanboy. And what does it mean to be a "PS2 fanboy" anyway? The PS2 has been the most successful game console ever; why wouldn't someone be a fan of it?

That is not a rational argument, and this is not the side to have it in. Go back to the dregs of the gaming side, the men are talking.

ethelred

ConfusingJazz said:
That is not a rational argument, and this is not the side to have it in. Go back to the dregs of the gaming side, the men are talking.

So... blurting out random potshots at someone is fine, but when I say otherwise, you impugn my maturity (as if that somehow further establishes your own) as well as the quality of an entire half of the forum?

You're awesome. Certainly a sterling example of rationality.

ethelred said:
So... blurting out random potshots at someone is fine, but when I say otherwise, you impugn my maturity (as if that somehow further establishes your own) as well as the quality of an entire half of the forum?

You're awesome. Certainly a sterling example of rationality.

Thanks!

This whole thread got really confusing.... Am I still Shogmaster?

How about we all go ahead and list all our previous handles? I'll start:

Shogmaster > Shogmaster > Shogmaster > and finally, Shogmaster.

Who wants to go next?

Grimlock

Well, I've been Grimlock ever since I found this place after the Dimension-S forum died years ago. I think there've been 4 forum crashes since I've been here.

LordMaji

Shogmaster said:

Who wants to go next?

lordmaji > lordmaji.

that is all folks. We don't have an archive of old GAF posts? pre 04?

Grimlock said:
Well, I've been Grimlock ever since I found this place after the Dimension-S forum died years ago. I think there've been 4 forum crashes since I've been here.

Well then you are boring as me. How about someone exciting playing this game?

wait. Adagio and verboten are banned. What for?

Maybe it wasn't for this thread, who knows.

Did anyone find it very difficult to become members of this forum. It took me like a year. I tried so many times, it just didn't let me. I was once a member for like 3 weeks, but unable to post, then I tried to log in one day, and it said, I didn't meet the requirements, so my membership was declined or something. Then I was still coming on the forums, as a spectator I guess for a long time. I must have sent countless e-mails to moderators and admins, asking for some reasoning. There isn't even anywhere e-mail addresses advertised anywhere. Then I just randomly tried to become a member, and it worked. Just got through. I guess someone must have noticed the few IP addresses that I was using for a long time and thought, "he seems genuine" lets give him a membership.

Is this how it works? Please someone tell me, seriously it took me a lonnnnggg time. I guess once I got it, I totally forgot to ask.

bluemax

Banned
the thoroughbred said:
wait. Adagio and verboten are banned. What for?

Maybe it wasn't for this thread, who knows.

Did anyone find it very difficult to become members of this forum. It took me like a year. I tried so many times, it just didn't let me. I was once a member for like 3 weeks, but unable to post, then I tried to log in one day, and it said, I didn't meet the requirements, so my membership was declined or something. Then I was still coming on the forums, as a spectator I guess for a long time. I must have sent countless e-mails to moderators and admins, asking for some reasoning. There isn't even anywhere e-mail addresses advertised anywhere. Then I just randomly tried to become a member, and it worked. Just got through. I guess someone must have noticed the few IP addresses that I was using for a long time and thought, "he seems genuine" lets give him a membership.

Is this how it works? Please someone tell me, seriously it took me a lonnnnggg time. I guess once I got it, I totally forgot to ask.

If you can't figure out verboten you haven't been paying attention to this thread.

My membership approval was pretty quick.

Lemurs and Waychel were both banned for being attention whores right?

Boogie

Shogmaster said:

Who wants to go next?

Boogie > Boogie > aaaand Boogie.

And Shanghai_kid at NN. :)

Link

The Autumn Wind
Link > Wesley > Wesley Crusher > Link > Solidus > NNLink

Something like that, anyway.

EDIT - I think I did that backwards, but whatever.

aoi tsuki

Grimlock said:
Cripes, i haven't seen that name in some time. i always wonder what happened to everybody.

3pheMeraLmiX said:
Kitsune/FoxSpiritShadow used to post as Link from the Next Generation Online forums. The Shadow, Hotarubi, Rachel, and a few various posters can tell you about it (if they remember). We chatted for a few years and he was highly secretive. Smart fellow, excellent writer, but equally deceptive. He once sent me modeling pictures of Ashton Kutcher caliming it was him, and when I called him out on it, he said he said me "representations" of him that closely resembled what he looked like in real life.

Despite that he was a nice guy. A little up in the clouds, though. I have no idea why he blew up in here like that, really. Supposedly part of some "social experiment" he was conducting. ASFIK, he did attend UCI, though. It's been a few years since I spoke to him.

Who were you on NGO and what ever happened to Rachel. I met her once at E3 but, after NGO imploded she vanished from the interweb.

bluemax said:
If you can't figure out verboten you haven't been paying attention to this thread.

My membership approval was pretty quick.

Lemurs and Waychel were both banned for being attention whores right?

Ok so I read over everything again. Is verboten actually someone already perm banned. And got caught out in this thread. Or he/she said something about the ToS, and that warrants a ban. Am I at risk talking about this stuff? I guess I can wait for my dot to go red, although I'd rather not.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
the thoroughbred said:
Ok so I read over everything again. Is verboten actually someone already perm banned. And got caught out in this thread. Or he/she said something about the ToS, and that warrants a ban. Am I at risk talking about this stuff? I guess I can wait for my dot to go red, although I'd rather not.
Verboten is Serafitia.

I've known this for a long time now, but didn't personally mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom