• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why am I seeing so many people say they are liking TOTK even though they didnt like BOTW?

GymWolf

The combat is as boring as you make it.

Hitting enemies with a combo and not actually using the resources you have makes that way of fighting very inefficient.

It isn’t difficult because of the enemies or the complexity of actions but you have to admit there are levels annd depth to how flashy or efficient a player wants to be. Using those options and skills is more efficient resource wise and not so boring.
The thing is, using all my arsenal make the game even more easy, so i prefer a boring way where there is a chance of getting hit in close combat over using OP stuff like bombs or zonai devices or building mechs.
I could attach red barrels on my shields and win most of the battles like that but where is the fun in doing that?

I always do this in games that are not that hard, in tsushima i never used some armours with some bonuses or the venom darts or the super op stuff because the game was a cakewalk 10 hours in, this is why i like hard as hell games, because i can use all the op stuff and all the game systems and still have a challenge.

This is probably why i have close to 400 arrows and (never bought a single one) and like 50+ gems and hundreds of monster parts in my inventory over many people in here that are starving for arrows and money, you can do some serious damage with some arrows attachments and monster fuse.

I only use the confusion bombs against large groups because the shitty lock on system and lack of dedicate evade button is a bitch to deal with when you are surrounded by enemies that can oneshot you, but those are finite resources so you can't really use them in ALL the fights, and i'm the type of dude that fight all the time, i almost never avoid combat, i just enjoy smacking mofos and at least zelda has some funny ragdoll.

I'm probably gonna start using some of my arsenal against the lynels and the 3 headed dragons because from my previous experience they are spongy as hell.

(this is not a brag post, i usually die hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of times in hard games, i just like the challenge and sense of progression)

Last edited:

gamer82

It’s not random but it is a bit trial and error initially. Once you’ve made something that recipe is saved. You can either go to the item you’ve used in the menu and pick ‘select for recipe’ to see recipes that use that item in order to make more of the same meal or go to the the meal in the food menu and press Y (I think) to scroll through your known recipes.

There are usually pictures of recipes hanging inside stables/houses and if you talk to NPC’s they’ll often mention/suggest a recipe so I guess that’s mainly how you find them outside of experimenting yourself.

Animal parts can be cooked. Minerals can be fused to arrows or weapons to make some really strong stuff (or to protect you from heat/cold if you don’t have the gear for that yet), although I’d recommend saving them since they have a high resell value and you’re going to want rupees down the line.
cheers that helpfull ive not been playing it long as i just got out of opening the time temple and handing over the broken sword.

Top Bottom