• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why are gamers resistant to more companies entering the console market?

Do you want more companies in the console market?

• Yes

Votes: 78 38.0%
  • No

Votes: 127 62.0%

• Total voters

daveonezero

Banned
I think The Deck is awesome for Nintendo fans.

Games as a service and the huge publisher buyouts are bad.

I think it’s harder now than ever to enter with small and medium publishers being gobbled up.
Add in also the regular iphone style system updates to make your console run slower & slower so they can sell you a slightly newer upgrade. Apple are trash they can stay the fuck out of the gamespace with their deliberate obsolesence bullshit.
i know they had the battery thing but I still find their stuff lasts and performs well for many years even after updates.

I had the original IPhone SE that I replaced the battery on twice up until last year.

Have a 2018 MacBook Air that’s great

Replaced the SE with the newer one and time will tell.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Are they? How do you figure? Did Sony and Microsoft fail to enter? They're only debating the benefit of company x or y entering in a certain way they're likely to do so based on their history, and approve or disapprove of such. If they eventually do enter and do it right, of course they can do well. This goes for companies already in the market as well, they can have their highs and their lows much the same as any newcomer, perhaps with more to prove before garnering support, would. Every system is a fresh start regardless of company and hardware, software, games and stuff all add up...

Last edited:
Top Bottom