• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Why are soldiers sleeping in the Capitol?

QuantumZebra

Dec 5, 2013
Atlanta, GA
So Nancy finally sent her storm troopers and secret SS police to the capitol?

I don't even see badges or identification on half these people. I bet they have secret vans parked their as well to snatch up people and wisk them away to the secret gulags Trump was sending Portlandians too back over the summer.

Can't wait for all the articles form the media decrying the NG and the federal SS troops.

Lmao

I know you're in a sensitive place right now, but do you even understand the U.S. Military? They don't have badges on their BDUs.

cryptoadam

Banned
Feb 21, 2018
Lmao

I know you're in a sensitive place right now, but do you even understand the U.S. Military? They don't have badges on their BDUs.
thats the joke GIF

cryptoadam

Banned
Feb 21, 2018
Why would the National Guard be wearing badges? They have their last name on their uniform to identify them, as well as their rank.
thats the joke GIF

Ok but what if I am blind and deaf, and also lost my hands in a horrible masturbation accident? Then how will I know their identities. They could be dragging me away to a concentration camp where they sent all the innocent ANTIFA Portlandians when Trump sent his SS Space force Nazi in hidden undercover camaflouge with unmarked vans to snatch them off the streets. If a blind deaf paraplegic cant easily identify them they might as well not be identifiable.

Remember this

Sounds like Nancy and Chucky and Bowser are sending their secret police to stoke violence no?

sarcastic sarcasm GIF

Reactions: jakdex and pramod

cryptoadam

Banned
Feb 21, 2018
Sounds like the National Guard was deployed to defend the capitol against some THUGS threatening to rape and kill our elected officials while trying to STOP THE STEAL.

Yup elected officials make sure they get the highest level of protection, but regular pleebs get nothing.

Business burnt down by BLAMTIFA mob, who cares. Kicked in the head by BLAMTIFA mob, whatever. Shot in cold blood on the streets, meh.

Show up at Durkens house, end the CHAZ. Show up at Garcetti's house, armed mob of cops ready and willing. Break into the Capitol call in the National Guard. Want a hair cut, fuck you gonna get mines though I am on TV and was set up. Want to see your family to bad grandma killer, unless of course your family was going stir crazy after months of not seeing each other, then its ok for the Birx family. Don't travel on Xmas, unless you have a private jet to go to your time share in Cabo.

In the end I joke though its better they did this than the lax security they had going on on the 6th.

But just another example of your rulers and elites thinking very little of the common man, but valueing themselves way more. They really don't care if their cities are burnt to the ground, but the minute the temperature gets hot directly over them they change their tune.

Xyrmellon

Mar 30, 2010
Florida
I get that an overwhelming show of force will likely deter another Jan 6th, but honestly, these are all National Guard. They live and work among the common folks. If the shit really hit the fan, like a repeat of the 6th...unless they were under the imminent threat of death or injury, would they attack or even shoot American citizens?

eyesabitdull

May 10, 2020
There are two answers to this:

One is logical, and likely the only answer.

The other one, if stated, is a possible ban on this website as it goes into the theory conspiracy realm of the conversation.

Reactions: pramod

Ten_Fold

Jan 18, 2017
Covid must was a 2020 thing, they don’t look 6 foot you know what the Democrats been preaching? Anyways I doubt they will show up on that day, they are dumb but not that dumb.

Michael Hawk

Jul 27, 2020
I get that an overwhelming show of force will likely deter another Jan 6th, but honestly, these are all National Guard. They live and work among the common folks. If the shit really hit the fan, like a repeat of the 6th...unless they were under the imminent threat of death or injury, would they attack or even shoot American citizens?

Yes, they would have no problem utilizing their weapons. Being a citizen is irrelevant information to the Armed Forces when you're threatening to murder elected officials.

I think people still don't 'get' how fortunate the rioters were to only encounter Capitol police officers -- many of whom were/are in support of the rioters fight against reality. The stakes are immeasurably higher on inauguration day, so the good news is the security for president-elect Biden will be more than enough to handle any threat against him, the presidency, and of course the state.

Last edited: