• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why did Microsoft show so many Series X/PC only games at their stream? What happened to no exclusives?

RaySoft

Hellblade 2 is running on UE5. So now we know why that trailer looked so good. It's probably running Nanite and the GI rendering techniques. It'll be the first game to use the same tech as the UE5 tech demo.
So Ninja Theory has access to early UE5 builds, but 343 had to switch from UE4 to in-house? (Slipspace)
They have not stated that HB2 trailer was running in UE5, only that they will use the engine. It's more probable they'll start with UE4 and then shift to UE5 when available. I'm not so sure devs, outside Epic, have access to UE5 yet?

VFXVeteran

Banned
So Ninja Theory has access to early UE5 builds, but 343 had to switch from UE4 to in-house? (Slipspace)
They have not stated that HB2 trailer was running in UE5, only that they will use the engine. It's more probable they'll start with UE4 and then shift to UE5 when available. I'm not so sure devs, outside Epic, have access to UE5 yet?

Well, I would disagree. When I was in the industry we had access to beta versions of unreleased software all the time. The studios also have had access to the devkits for the consoles well over a year before the consoles were even announced. I can "try" to pry and find out from an Epic source without being too specific.

Last edited:

recursive

That's not how that works.

When you are a development company with NDAs, you will absolutely get versions of new software. How else do you think they test it? It's not going to be available to the public until 2021, but you can bet that NT has a version of UE5.
Did you read the article? It is reported that an Epic rep confirmed the trailer was not using UE5.

RaySoft

Well, I would disagree. When I was in the industry we had access to beta versions of unreleased software all the time. The studios also have had access to the devkits for the consoles well over a year before the consoles were even announced. I can "try" to pry and find out from an Epic source without being too specific.
Yes, that's why I was implying it was strange that 343 didn't go from UE4 to UE5 instead of UE4 to their own engine..
I mean if Ninja Theory is already working with UE5, why couldn't 343?

GymWolf

I'm the only one who see this as a positive??

Imagine the huge disaster if even ambitious stuff like awoved, fable etc. were crossgen.

We don't need a craig in every next gen game...

Top Bottom