• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why do Presidents and Presidential candidates look so bad in jeans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

1267776888_obama-jeans-1.jpg

Jeans.jpg

C'mon, guys. Ever heard of dark denim.

Selvedge denim is a sign that you can't connect with the common man.

Can you imagine the outrage if Mitt Romney or Barack Obama wore some $600 pair of jeans?

Would look better, especially Obamas, if the jeans were a bit longer and tapered. Someone get these dudes some boot cut jeans, jesus.

Its the belts, they hug their beer belly you see; pull their jeans up too high.

Meanwhile the jeans pattern doesn't work for them. Bush goes for what hes comfortable in.
When you can't see a groin on a pair of jeans, there too high. Fact; which is why Romney looks so weird, and Obama looks like an 11 year old (his don't fit it seems).

Cain looks fine, hes not in jeans, but if he wore anything that high - he'd also look bad.

Plus don't tuck in your jacket, what the hell Obama?

It's not all Presidents. Bush always looked good. Obama's mom jeans are atrocious though. He needs to stop.

It really depends on the jeans. Here's my man Romney. Looks good on the right if you ask me.

romney-jeans.jpg

Dude Abides

Banned
Wat lol. Dark jeans and a blue blazer look great. Obviously with great fits of course.

Nope. They make you look like a middle manager who's trying (and failing) to be hip/casual, or a clueless 20 something trying (and failing) to class up your jeans. Ridiculous in either case.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
Obama's wearing what looks like a pair of Levis. If he spent on his jeans what he spends on his suits I'm sure he wouldn't look like an old geezer when dressing casual.

sonicfan

Venerable Member
Reagan looked fine in jeans....

main-ronald-reagan-v2.jpg

comparing-presidents.jpg

Bush looked like he preferred wearing jeans.

comparing-presidents1.jpg

Obama's problem is he wears Mom jeans.....

obama_mom_jeans3.jpg

%7BC1EB24E7-4169-4171-AF9F-77FC35908819%7D01052012_Fashion_Obama_slideshow.jpg

Clinton, he looked just OK in jeans. He seems like he should be a natural for them tho...

jeansbillclinton.jpg

CLINTONWEDDING_142831--300x300.jpg

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
It's not all Presidents. Bush always looked good. Obama's mom jeans are atrocious though. He needs to stop.

It really depends on the jeans. Here's my man Romney. Looks good on the right if you ask me.

romney-jeans.jpg
What the hell is going on in the left pic? Holograms with giant hands?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom