• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why do PS4 copies of LEGO Movie Videogame say "Only on PlayStation"?

Didn't even realize it until someone mentioned it on Twitter, but PS4 cases of LEGO Movie Videogame clearly say "Only on PlayStation":

2P8KXcc.jpg

That's clearly not the case though:

3GSoYaG.png

Has this happened with any other multiplatform titles? This is definitely the first time I've noticed an error like this. Also, go get it while they're still rare! :D

Takao

Banned
It's probably a printing error. The Vita and PS3 versions just have "PlayStation Network" in the upper right.

Probably a printing mistake. Pretty funny though, considering that game is being released on every platform known to mankind. It's pretty good, too!

The real question with this game though: why are Emmet's eyes so fucking big

Gestault

That sort of thing has been sneaking into their packaging for a while. The Mortal Kombat Vita release had it, but it referred to the Kratos Kontent. Need for Speed Most Wanted had the bizarre "Only on Playstation" because it supported Move control with the batterang add-on.

It's actually on most major releases now, because they've put money into exclusive minor DLC contracts, so they brand the box as "Only on Playstation" with the other side of the banner saying "Exclusive Content." I get it, but I just think it's sort of tacky when any company does it, and confusing when it isn't clear if it's an add-on or the game itself.

What's funny is Gran Turismo 6 doesn't say "Only on PlayStation."

Anteater

That sort of thing has been sneaking into their packaging for a while. The Mortal Kombat Vita release had it, but it referred to the Kratos Kontent. Need for Speed Most Wanted had the bizarre "Only on Playstation" because it supported Move control with the batterang add-on.

It's actually on most major releases now, because they've put money into exclusive minor DLC contracts, so they brand the box as "Only on Playstation" with the other side of the banner saying "Exclusive Content." I get it, but I just think it's sort of tacky when any company does it, and confusing when it isn't clear if it's an add-on or the game itself.

that's kind of smart =o

ghst

thanks for the laugh
i guess "this disc's utility is limited to the specifically indicated proprietary sony product" didn't fly as a tag-line

Ryaaan14

Banned
Whoa. I thought the Minecraft Xbox One Edition was actually different. It's the same game as the 360? Why even change the name?

Top Bottom